Aldo

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – Walked in and asked for an application. The manager was at the store so he talked to me on the spot about the position. He asked basic questions and briefly looked over the application. I realized it was an interview on the spot. Then he asked me to come in sometime that week to do paperwork.

Interview Question – Sell me a pair of shoes.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aldo

Interview Details – They ask you to MANY Questions!

Interview Question – "How will you help this company grow?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You will work hard for little pay!

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – The interviewer, the manager, took us (it was a group interview, only two of us tho) to the food court in the mall and just asked us basic questions, why we wanna work there, previous job experience, past pay rate at other jobs, availability, and whatnot. very relaxed and easy interview, only took about 10 minutes

Interview Question – literally none. the interviewer asked every cliche interview question they prepare you for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation .. was started 50 cents above minimum wage, i asked if there was any way that could be raised, i was told possibly with hard work and yadda yadda, but rest assured, the only way you are gonna get paid more is if you get promoted. which you most likely wont. and even then the difference is unsubstantial.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aldo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview during seasonal hiring time. The questions asked were mostly situation scenarios which I found easy to answer because they were mostly about moral right and wrongs. My experience in sales, knowledge of current fashion, and desire for career advancement landed me a permanent sales position rather than seasonal.

Interview Question – I was asked who I found to be the most influential person in history. It wasn't difficult to answer and I found it to be a smart question.. It was only unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was only able to get 50 cents more than the starting pay ($8 to $8.50), but I accepted since I am already being trained towards a management position

Katy, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aldo in July 2013.

Interview Details – Me and a friend went to apply at Aldo during July and he got called in for an interview, except he had already taken another job, so he told them I could go instead. They said they had lost my application, so I went in the next day to fill one out, and the cashier told me to come to the group interview the next day.
Went in the next day and there was 5 girls waiting to be interviewed as well.
I was the only guy there, so I had anticipated that I would not do well compared to the girls. So then they hand us each a shoe and had us pick 2 items to match the shoe. I was given a women's heel shoe and picked a purse and earrings to match it.
They asked us typical questions like "Why do you want to work at Aldo?"
or "when was a time you gave good customer service"
then after my interview, they called me 30 minutes later to come back and fill out some paper work and they gave me a booklet to fill out my information and I started 3 days later.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "why do you think you are suited for this job?" because I wasn't familiar with this store so much and I didn't think I would be able to interact well with customers.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – The interview was conversational.

Interview Question – Please tell me what you know about Aldo.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot out of desperation for tax free weekend

Interview Question – If I was willing to stay 2 maybe 3 hours later than scheduled times   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Aldo.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume and within a week got a call for an interview. I went into the store and they asked me typical customer service questions and about myself. Also had to put together a look to match a pair of shoes.

Interview Question – What has been the best customer service you have given?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aldo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Came to the store and filled out an application. Got a call back to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why should (they) hire you? What do you have to offer the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aldo in May 2011.

Interview Details – I went in and asked for an application and was given one by the asst. manager. The
District Manager was there as well, and we got to talking and he told me to call back in a few weeks due to restructured management. He told me to tell them that he had referred me, so after that I went in for an interview and was hired a week later.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aldo

Worked for Aldo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aldo Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aldo employees and interview candidates.