Alere Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

2.5

Full-time Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alere (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was not an actual interview. They asked about my experience and educational background. Was a given a tour and told what department I would work in. About two weeks later received a call from HR with an offer.

Senior Project Manager, R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alere in November 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that ensured that I had the experience in project management in a regulated industry that I claimed. That was followed by a 3 hour on-site interview with 3 different departments HR, Manufacturing and R&D. This interview was mostly behavioral. I attended a second on-site interview, 2 1/2 hours, that dug deeper into the specifics of what I had done in previous projects. I was also interviewed by several members of the actual team I would possibly lead. My final interview was with the global president of the division I would work for.

Interview Questions

• Provide three words/traits that you would use to describe yourself. Now provide an example of how each contributed to a negative project experience AND a positive project experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated on salary only; my counter was accepted.

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alere (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

A friend who works at Alere suggested I apply for an open position similar to his. I applied online, and he also sent a recommendation for me to the HR department. I was contacted for a telephone interview within a few days. My friend has enjoyed the challenges and culture at Alere and his description of his worked sounded like it would be a good opportunity for me.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions - the job seemed to be a good fit technically and socially. It turned out that the position payed far below my current position, so the interviewer and I agreed that it wouldn't make sense to proceed.   1 Answer

Manager, Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alere (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I spoke with my hiring manager via telephone and then had two in person interviews. One of them was with the hiring manager and the second was with the Vice President of Operations Support.

Negotiation

not much of a negoitiation. i was pretty much at the end of my rope and took what was offered.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alere (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a blur. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a screener. Came in for an onsite interview. Met with director and senior employee. Once I made it past that stage, I was notified that I was hired. The interview did not take much more than about 45 minutes. I was not asked to submit a writing sample or anything. I'm not even sure if they checked my references.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too difficult. No writing assessment or sample to submit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, however offered slightly above my minimum requested salary.

Interview

on site interview

Extractionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alere (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty short. They called me 2 weeks after I applied and set an interview for the next week. The interview itself wasn't really an interview. I was just asked what lab experience I had and then I was given and tour and asked if I had any questions and that was it. I was called a couple days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions other than what lab experience I had.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview was done solely through agencies.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alere.

Interview

Initial contact made through email from recruiter. Received a phone interview within a week with this individual. Second phone interview scheduled with regional manager three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process of how you have saved your current employer money. Not an easy answer due to the fact that my current employer (dept) is completely mis-micromanaged. True cost savings are requested upon employee review but ideas are never implemented. Wasteful!   1 Answer

Hardware Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alere (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

It seemed that H.R. went through a change in personnel. H.R. was nice but called me in for an interview after being notified that I didn't get the job, then they sent me another request for an interview for the same position that they just declined me for.

When I showed up the building had been recently secured with a rent a cop, cameras and keypad entry. They'd let a lot of people go in the acquisition. To me they appeared perhaps paranoid after letting so many people go. I had been in their office years back and they offered me a job that I declined and back then things more normal.

Building looked like a war zone,they were doing remodeling, colors were art deco and the manager who interviewed me looked and acted like a feminist Nazi. The place was originally set up like a maze. Their fix to that was to knock down all the walls and create something of a gymnasium office space.

Company has some good eggs, but they've hired a lot of new "talent".

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff. Went over resume, asked about what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there. The first interviewer looked like he never interviewed anyone before and read questions off paper and tried to scribble notes down. The second interviewer told me how great she was.   Answer Question