Alere

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.5

Full-time Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alere in November 2014.

It was not an actual interview. They asked about my experience and educational background. Was a given a tour and told what department I would work in. About two weeks later received a call from HR with an offer.

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alere in July 2014.

A friend who works at Alere suggested I apply for an open position similar to his. I applied online, and he also sent a recommendation for me to the HR department. I was contacted for a telephone interview within a few days. My friend has enjoyed the challenges and culture at Alere and his description of his worked sounded like it would be a good opportunity for me.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the job seemed to be a good fit technically and socially. It turned out that the position payed far below my current position, so the interviewer and I agreed that it wouldn't make sense to proceed.   View Answer

Manager, Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alere.

I spoke with my hiring manager via telephone and then had two in person interviews. One of them was with the hiring manager and the second was with the Vice President of Operations Support.

not much of a negoitiation. i was pretty much at the end of my rope and took what was offered.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alere.

The interview process was a blur. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a screener. Came in for an onsite interview. Met with director and senior employee. Once I made it past that stage, I was notified that I was hired. The interview did not take much more than about 45 minutes. I was not asked to submit a writing sample or anything. I'm not even sure if they checked my references.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too difficult. No writing assessment or sample to submit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, however offered slightly above my minimum requested salary.

Full Time Tax Intern Interview

on site interview

Extractionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alere.

The interviewing process was pretty short. They called me 2 weeks after I applied and set an interview for the next week. The interview itself wasn't really an interview. I was just asked what lab experience I had and then I was given and tour and asked if I had any questions and that was it. I was called a couple days later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions other than what lab experience I had.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Hiring and interview was done solely through agencies.

Hardware Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alere.

It seemed that H.R. went through a change in personnel. H.R. was nice but called me in for an interview after being notified that I didn't get the job, then they sent me another request for an interview for the same position that they just declined me for.

When I showed up the building had been recently secured with a rent a cop, cameras and keypad entry. They'd let a lot of people go in the acquisition. To me they appeared perhaps paranoid after letting so many people go. I had been in their office years back and they offered me a job that I declined and back then things more normal.

Building looked like a war zone,they were doing remodeling, colors were art deco and the manager who interviewed me looked and acted like a feminist Nazi. The place was originally set up like a maze. Their fix to that was to knock down all the walls and create something of a gymnasium office space.

Company has some good eggs, but they've hired a lot of new "talent".

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff. Went over resume, asked about what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there. The first interviewer looked like he never interviewed anyone before and read questions off paper and tried to scribble notes down. The second interviewer told me how great she was.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alere.

Initial contact made through email from recruiter. Received a phone interview within a week with this individual. Second phone interview scheduled with regional manager three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a process of how you have saved your current employer money. Not an easy answer due to the fact that my current employer (dept) is completely mis-micromanaged. True cost savings are requested upon employee review but ideas are never implemented. Wasteful!   View Answer

Full-time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alere in October 2013.

Had 2 phone interviews with offsite employees, then moved on to in-person interviews onsite in Waltham. Everyone was very nice, and after speaking with everyone I had a clear understanding of the role I'd applied for, the expectations of the role, the type of work environment I'd be working in if I was hired, etc. The final step was an in-person interview with an HR member -- that was a tough interview, but I appreciated the thoroughness of that interview because I could tell that the HR person really cared about the role being a good fit for all involved. Alere didn't want to waste my time or their time by hiring a person who wouldn't prosper in the job. Overall, an in-depth interview process with pleasant, professional people the whole way through.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific, but as mentioned, the interview with HR was challenging (in a good way).   Answer Question