Alere

Alere Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alere in October 2011.

The in-person interview was more like an oral exam, where I was quizzed about my knowledge of treatment protocols for various chronic diseases. There was even a "mock" care call as part of the interview. I was not informed about any of this prior to my interview so I did not study/prepare ahead of time. Although, I am knowledgeable about nutrition interventions for most chronic diseases, they did ask me about a disease that I wasn't as familiar with (as compared to others) so that caught me off guard.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
    Very first question of in-person interview (paraphrasing)..."Given what you know about the job so far, what would you like about the job?"

Second question of in-person interview (paraphrasing)..."Given what you know about the job so far, what would you not like about the job?"
    I thought this was a very negative way to start an interview. It is also a difficult question to answer because during the interview is where you learn the details about the position. Of course, I was honest. The schedule for this job includes early mornings (4:30 or 5 AM start) or late nights (work until 8 or 9 PM) AND weekends, so I told them that I would not like the schedule. I think they "crossed me off the list" right at that moment. I am sure it did not set a good tone for the rest of the interview. It is an unfair question, and it definitely should not be asked right off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what you know about the job so far, what would you not like about the job?   View Answer

Quit Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alere in January 2009.

I was hired through a temp agency. I did a one on one with an Alere Employee and a phone interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role play being on the phone with a client.   Answer Question