Alexander Mann Solutions

3.1

Principal Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions in January 2012.

First spoke to Adecco (sub-contractor) recruiter, then Alexander Mann Solutions (RPO) recruiter, then RPO Americas lead for that client (Credit Suisse). Then met onsite with 2 of the client recruiters (one manager of recruiting) and 1 of the RPO recruiters. Last round was with Americas head in person.

Originally was declined for offer then they decided to make offer. I rejected offer, they offered noticeably more $ and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

Standard interview process with behavioral analysis.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you think is your most negative work habit?"   View Answer
    Not much negotiation outside of start date and pre-planned time off.

Business Intelligence Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions in September 2014.

I applied directly through the AMS job portal and was contacted for an initial phone interview within a week. During the phone interview we mainly discussed my motivation to work in BI unit as well as the scope of the position. I was invited for an interview at the office which consisted of a supervised 30-minute Excel test of competencies, followed by a 30 minute meeting with the BI unit team leaders. The Excel test required me to extract and summarize data from large sheets of recruitment data. The following interview with the team leaders was pleasant and I got the impression that the BI unit would be a postive place to work. During the interview, we discussed my past experience, my competencies, my expectations of working for the BI unit at AMS, as well as my future ambitions.

After two weeks, I was informed that I had passed the recruitment process. However, they informed me that the BI Administrator position had been filled internally and I was offered other available positions, which I declined.

Interview Questions
    • I found the Excel skills test difficult as I've never had to use the specific functions before, however my understanding is that the purpose of the evaluation was not so much to finish everything correctly, but rather to demonstrate a logical and proper approach to solving a new problem (thus the supervisor observing my progress throughout)   Answer Question

The BI Administrator position for which I applied had been filled internally and I was offered other positions in which I was not interested

Graduate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

They are getting touch via phone firstly, and asking for a phone interview. At the same time they are making a English exam online. Then I made a skype interview with team leader and manager. During all the progress they are sending explainations about the position, and also they are sending the details about the tests which they are planning to do during the interview. So usualy it's all clear while they are writing you.

Interview Questions
    • Spontane acting test during the interview.   View Answer

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

3 stage process
    1. English assessment test - quite easy, based on reading and understanding format- MC format- 3 minutes were provided to answer each question
    2. Phone interview- Questions were formed around biography and competency skills
    3. Face- to- Face Interview with a hiring manager - questions mostly focused on education, skills and experience as well as motivation

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to improve your verbal communication skills?
      What will be your key target in this job if we appoint you?
      Have you ever challenged, shaken old work methods?
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions in May 2013.

I put my cv on a jobsite and recieved a phone call directly from the hiring manager the following day. He launched right into to talking to me about the role and rather unusually he did not really ask me very many questions about myself, my experience or my goals but just talked AT me for a solid 30 minutes, I remember thinking this was odd but I was keen to move on from my employer so when he invited me to attend an interview a couple of days later I accepted.

I arrived for the interview and was initially feeling quite positive, the office was nice and smart with a few brightly coloured walls and slightly over ambiguous 'values' painted on the walls. I've since read this is a bad sign, if you need to display your values on the wall, they are probably not working!

The interview was just with the hiring manager, I was surpised there was no one else attending. As with the phone interview, he did not ask me many questions but went into detail about upcoming projects and how busy the small team were. It was apparent he wanted to hire someone quickly to ease the workload and judging by his lack of actual interviewing, he wasn't too concerned with who he hired! I was then shown around the office, I knew from previous experience that this was a tell-tale sign that I had got the job.

I got an offer the following day from the internal resourcing team, they knew I had another offer on the table but still only offered me the same amount as the other offer. Fortunately for them, money was not the be all and end all so I accepted.

Dealing with the internal resourcing team over the next few weeks to go through the on-boarding/screening was not a great experience, they were particularly difficult to get hold of and not very personable which is not ideal when you are dealing with arranging start dates and signing contracts.

Looking back the whole process was very rushed, driven by the hiring managers urgency to get support with a high workload and desparation to hire the next person that walked in. I also rushed into my decision as I was keen to leave my previous job, I should have taken more time to mull it over and to get to know the people I would be working with. Ultimately this is a stepping stone and not a long term career.

Interview Questions
    • General lack of questions asked by the interviewer, who chose to talk at me instead!   Answer Question

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Telephone screen, English test, Telephone interview with a recruiter, Face to face interview with a manager, the same day there was an english test with a machine which was weird but easy

Recruitment Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

Full interview process through profiling, which was feedback to me directly on starting, which was really benefical - whilst it was tough it made me feel like I was being qualified in - however, I understand this has approach has been replace which is a real shame, as it provided me with confidence that I was being assessed over just questioned.

Interview Questions

Culture of the organisation wasnt right for me

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

I applied online and the process took 2+month
    First Online english test , than telephone and a skype interview with competency based questions

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions in January 2009.

Multiple Face to Face Interviews, over a period of about a week, then an onsite visit with the client. Challenging process when still employed as timing was short. Met senior leader from AMS and went to headoffice, which was a bit scruffy but apparently they were refurbishing - which didn't happen in the 4 years I worked there!

Worked with Senior HR person to get offer.

Good reasonable discussion over reward, some flexability

Worked for Alexander Mann Solutions? Contribute to the Community!