Alexander Proudfoot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.9

Was In the Front-end Sales Area Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot.

6 week long process that was very intense and involved many role plays and research assignments... somehow still let horrible workers through. Assessments did not reflect ultimate work styles and requirements. Three week onboarding would never come in handy ever again. Week long quarterly training sessions add no value and take away from valuable phone time.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot.

I participated in an initial phone screening interview with this company but chose not to proceed with the in-person interview process. The initial interviewer, who was my contact throughout the recruitment process, was extremely polite, patient, and helpful. Unfortunately, the process itself left me with a bad impression.

I applied for the position online. I included all of my work experience and education in my application, so I was surprised when the recruiter sent me an email requesting my resume. There is some sort of internal disconnect that needs to be addressed so that candidates do not have to submit the same information multiple times. I also found it strange that the job description I responded to called for French language skills (a major plus for me), but when I asked the recruiter about this, he indicated that this was required for travel to Canada. I think it would have been helpful to specify Quebecois in the job description.

After the successful phone interview, the recruiter sent me an application form and a consent form to complete. The application form was overkill.

In the end, I did not move forward because the pay was exactly $10,000 lower than my salary at the time (which was also pretty low), and based on reviews that I had read, the company culture left something to be desired.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the interview questions difficult, but one of them was unexpected. I got a Google-type question: How many golf balls can fit in a 747? I remember being turned off by this question as it didn't seem relevant to the position for which I interviewed (a position in which I'd probably be constrained to some sort of consulting formula rather doing any independent problem solving), but I'd heard the question before from my engineer friends, so I had no trouble answering it.   Answer Question

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in August 2013.

The interview process was very involved. Once I applied, I received a phone call from the head of HR, and that interview lasted about half an hour. Next, I had an in-person interview with the VP of Sales, and that lasted about an hour. A few days later, they flew me down to Atlanta, GA, where I participated in a day-long Assessment Center, which involved the following:

- A case-study presentation (individual, 5 min long with all day to prepare)
    - An interview with a manager
    - A case-study interview (individual, 10 min total including prep time)
    - A case-study presentation (group, 5 min long with half an hour to prepare)

The group of interviewees worked on the case study for the bulk of the day, being called out of the room individually to be interviewed or work on the case-study interview. At the end of the day, we each did a 5-minute presentation, then we got into groups of 3, consolidated our findings, and gave a 5-minute group presentation.

A few days later, I received a call from HR saying I was "in the pipeline" - code for almost-hired - and then about a week after that I was brought on board and given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on dealing with being away from friends and family for 6 days out of the week?   View Answer
    Over a few days, I haggled with HR over a few thousand. We reached a compromise between their offer and mine.

Business Management Consultant, Called Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in February 2012.

This is a small consulting firm that is still trying to sell to it's clients that they know the best way for the clients to run the business AND for a fee they will share that secret with the clients.

YES there is TRAVEL it is exactly what they describe, if you're not OK with that, don't apply. The Travel does not stop.

Phone interview: Very professional, questions were as expected about leading through change. Situation Behavior Outcome interview. Very nice HR person.-Week 1

Face to Face Interview: with SR HR Rep, very nice, very professional, put's a great spin on a company that has a really poor reputation. "All that has changed and now we're back to being the best, or I would not be here" Week 2

Skills Assessment: Analyze a large amount of information and make a recommendation in a short amount of time. Not a ridiculous amount, probably a 40 page document plus P&L's on a fictitious company. A real world simulation. Skills Assmt includes analyze documents, two small presentations, a 1 on 1 interview with a person a level or two above you and a 10 minute exercise to see what you would do if this came across your desk.

What they're looking for is a person who is comfortable saying things like, "I've been doing this for 10 years and this is the way we recommend." If you do not agree with somewhat "slanting" the truth to sell your company this is not the company for you.

Interview Questions

I have worked very hard to establish myself as an honest hardworking individual and would not sacrifice my reputation for the benefit of a company who prides itself of making every last dollar off it's clients rather then finding actual ways to save them money or use revenue enhancers to enhance their bottom line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in June 2010.

Phone interview, assessment center, and face to face interview. They were expedient about the whole process. They don't make it drag out like I have seen and heard about like many other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to do a Presentation. They will give you the info, you just need to present it.   View Answer
    Decent starting salary.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in April 2014.

Applied through online and received an email invitation for Assessment day at local hotel within a week.

The Assessment Day was conducted with 12 participants of different background and 4 assessors from different countries. The lead assessor was friendly and communicative throughout the day, but others attitude are left much to be desired. Some were overly casual and seemingly lacked preparation, some were really cold.

The day began with case study + presentation, all of us had to scour through pages of information and made a final proposal of no more than 4 powerpoint slides, each of us had only less than 5 minutes for the presentation. A half day was given for this, it sounded plenty, but throughout the preparation, we were asked to solve an excel reporting problem, and being interviewed twice, so there were many disturbances. 1st interview was role-play in handling dissatisfied customer, 2nd interview was behavioral based with some casual conversation.

2nd half day was individual presentation based on the case study conducted in a different room with 4 assessors. After this, there was a group-activity very similar to in-tray studies (prioritize a list of activities based on rationale given), the atmosphere was much relaxing and basically the assessors were gauging our members interaction within group.

The assessment day itself was quite enjoyable which I don't mind it that difficult.

However, the hiring process needed to be addressed considering AP is quite an established company.

I was contacted via phone call by two of the assessors, one asking for further details on job expectation (salary, notice period) and one was informing me about the positive outcome of my assessment day and saying that the HR will be in touch with me in a week or two. I didn't hear from them after a month, while I did follow up with an email, he replied that they are still interested in offering an employment, but then again, no news since months have passed.

Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in November 2011.

Simple standard type questions for situations nothing rocket science to say the least. The job required travel sunday through friday, some international travel could take you out of the country 4 weeks at a time. They seemed very focused on the travel could you do or handle it rather than what skills I brought to the table. The salary was 60k. That was a little shocking with the amount of responsibility and travel associated to the position.

Salary

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in November 2011.

I was contacted over the email to schedule a phone interview the next day which went very well and was asked to fly in to Atlanta for the Interview. The entire process took about 4 hours and included 1:1 Interview (basic questions), 1:1 case study, followed by individual and group presentation. Easy for someone who just graduated with MBA, harder for someone who has no experience analyzing a lot of information in a short period of time.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in July 2010.

you have an initial phone interview in which they then determine whether to bring you in for a group interview which consists of 3-4 one on one interviews, a group case study and a solo case study. They then let you know the next day whether you passed the assessment and are in their project pipleline. You are not actually hired until they sign you to a project so being in the pipeline means you are not hired yet but once a project is being staffed they will ask you if you accept an offer to be hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation - they were firm with their offer.

Business Development Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Alexander Proudfoot in April 2009.

My friend recruited me to be a BDC (i.e. telemarketer) at Proudfoot. I had never heard of this consulting firm before but agreed to apply since the base salary was good. My interview consisted of a meeting with the BDC supervisor, and an SVP of Sales. It was very easy; they asked simple questions, and I admitted to knowing almost nothing about the firm - but they were personable. A few days later I had a 15 minute phone interview with someone more senior - maybe the head of HR, can't remember exactly? At any rate, I had an offer a few days later. I felt the entire process was quick and easy - probably because they desperately needed people booking sales meetings!

Interview Questions
    • What do you about Proudfoot Consulting?   View Answer