Alexander Street Press

www.alexanderstreet2.com

Alexander Street Press Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alexander Street Press

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alexander Street Press.

I contacted one of the VP's and had a 10 minute chat in person (no questions, just getting to know each other). He gave me a sample problem to solve and a week's time. I did a little research and presented my findings and solutions over skype to a panel of interviewers. They were happy with my work and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary during the skype interview. However, the innovative part was that I was given a week's time to solve a real problem. Some candidates may not have that kind of time to devote to a company that has not yet hired them. However, I found this interview style brilliant and wish more companies would follow this style that mirrors real life work (as opposed to "on the spot" questions that you have to answer within the next 15 minutes under artificial pressure).   Answer Question
    Yes, there was room for negotiation.

Receptionist/Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alexander Street Press in May 2013.

They usually will start with a group interview that can be very intimidating initially as you're facing 3-5 people at once. But they will act very down-to-earth and fun as that's the attitude the company wants you to buy into.

Interview Questions
    • Related to how long you plan to stay, if you plan to try and move up, hard things to gauge when you haven't started working there.   View Answer
    No negotiations for my position, they told me what they'd like to pay me, it wasn't less than my last job, I needed a job, I accepted.