Alexandria City Public Schools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Elementary Classroom Teacher
Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met my principal at a job fair and we hit it off, right off the bat. I then had an additional interview with the APs at the school to visit the area and see the school. I brought my portfolio to both, and the questions they asked were pretty run-of-the-mill teaching interview questions.

Negotiation Details – There is a non-negotiable salary scale based upon the number of years youve been teaching and your education level.No relocation (but you can write off moving expenses on your taxes)

Finance/Administration Interview

Finance/Administration
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools in November 2011.

Interview Details – After you hit send on your application, an automated e-mail is sent to your listed references asking for a response to a questionnaire. I am very protective of the time of my former supervisors and co-workers, so asking them to fill out a survey before I know if I'm being considered for the job seems a bit invasive and inefficient to me.

Well, it turns out, my references were kind enough to respond, and Alexandria Schools contacted me for an interview. They wanted me to come in the next day (Thursday) for an interview, however, that was not possible since I was out of town traveling on business. I offered to reschedule for the next week (Monday or Tuesday), but was told that it was not possible since they wanted to move forward.

They were perfectly polite and professional , however, I was disappointed that they expected so much flexibility from the candidate, but could not return the favor.

Interview Question – Are you available tomorrow for an interview?   View Answer

Worked for Alexandria City Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!