Alexandria City Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alexandria City Public Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools.

Interview

Phone interview, individual interview then panel interview. I had to meet with the Department Chair as well as 2 academic principals during the interview process. It was a very formal interview and the process took about a week as I was hired late nearing the date that teachers had to be back at school.

Interview Questions

• Describe your teaching style or approach in the classroom.   Answer Question

Secretary/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

All candidates were interviewed on the same day. It's literally a revolving door of back to back interviews at the central office. The interviews overlap so you see the candidates you are competing with. Very tacky process. Panel interviews. You get blank steers while you are answering questions. It's a poker-face panel.

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met my principal at a job fair and we hit it off, right off the bat. I then had an additional interview with the APs at the school to visit the area and see the school. I brought my portfolio to both, and the questions they asked were pretty run-of-the-mill teaching interview questions.

Negotiation

There is a non-negotiable salary scale based upon the number of years youve been teaching and your education level.No relocation (but you can write off moving expenses on your taxes)

Finance/Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

After you hit send on your application, an automated e-mail is sent to your listed references asking for a response to a questionnaire. I am very protective of the time of my former supervisors and co-workers, so asking them to fill out a survey before I know if I'm being considered for the job seems a bit invasive and inefficient to me. Well, it turns out, my references were kind enough to respond, and Alexandria Schools contacted me for an interview. They wanted me to come in the next day (Thursday) for an interview, however, that was not possible since I was out of town traveling on business. I offered to reschedule for the next week (Monday or Tuesday), but was told that it was not possible since they wanted to move forward. They were perfectly polite and professional , however, I was disappointed that they expected so much flexibility from the candidate, but could not return the favor.

Interview Questions

• Are you available tomorrow for an interview?   1 Answer