Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.2

Store Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal.

Three to four phone interviews and two in-person interviews. There were a few cancelled/re-scheduled interviews, on corporate end. Each interviewer possessed a sincerely authentic personality, and made it easy to speak candidly. After initial question were asked the Interviewer would followed the lead of the applicant to determine personality, and from there decide on relevant comments/questions to further probe for added details (subliminally).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not necessarily difficult, but more less unexpected. For example, asking for personal opinions of people and situations from prior experience and such...   Answer Question
    It would be in your best interest to initiate salary/pay negotiations

Bridal Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in November 2013.

Questions were very basic. Wanted to be sure a was available to work weekends and evenings. The 4% commision structure, base wage and dress code was discussed. Manager asked about privious experience and said that there would be a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal.

The manager seemed very distracted and had to get up to check on other things numerous times during the interview. It was unsettling for me and gave me the impression that my time wasn't important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in May 2013.

Walking into the store I did not feel welcomed. There were three ladies at the front desk and two of them did not look very professional as all. Their attire looked like they were there casually and not working as a consultant. I filled out the application, and waited about fifteen minutes for the assistant manager to interview with me. During the interview I didn't feel welcomed by her at all, like she was bored of interviewing people. And the interview itself only lasted ten minutes! I knew that if they did offer me the job I was going to decline, the work environment was not what I excepted a bridal store to be.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about not making as much on commission starting out.   Answer Question

Bridal Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in October 2012.

The manager asked me questions about Sales experience, commission, hours, ability to work in fast-paced environment. She told me the concept of rotation, how every customer that walks in belong to a different stylist and therefore I should be careful as to not step on anyone's toes if it belongs to them.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me which gown I like the most from Alfred Angelo   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in December 2011.

I answered an add on some website like Craigslist. I was sent an email to come in. I talked with the manager for a few minutes about my sales experience. She wanted me to give her specific numbers and figures as to how much money I could bring in. Being kind of inexperienced I felt that I would not get the job. I believe the only reason I was hired was because I work in the bridal industry.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked sales before?
      How much were you required to sell a week?
      Are you available weekends?

Answer Question
    None.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in December 2012.

Answered an ad on a third party website, got an email from a recruiter stating Alfred Angelo would call for an interview. After waiting days, I called the store. The manager said she wasn't sure how the recruiters handled the process but never saw any of my information. She instructed me to either go to Craigslist and find their ad or come in a fill out an application. I went in that night and filled out an application and dropped off my resume. 1:00 pm the next day they called wanting to schedule an interview, we had to go back and forth to try and find a day but eventually found one that worked. It was typical 1:1 interview with the manger. I was hired on the spot, briefed on the dress code and completed all the necessary paperwork then.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my sales experience, if I felt I could handle a job based on commission, what I could add to their team, how I would handle a disgruntled customer. The usual questions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't even told what I'm getting paid. Pay was never discussed.

Bridal Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in December 2012.

I applied online via the Alfred Angelo website and received a phone call regarding my application from a recruiter the next day telling me I should receive a call from a store manager to schedule an interview. I did receive a call a day later scheduling an interview a few days later. Arrived at the interview, dressed nicely, as I normally would, but also was instructed to do so by the recruiter. I was also told to read up on the company history/information. When I arrived I was greeted by a few employees and then the store manager. The interview itself was very casual. Really, it wasn't much of an interview, more so a conversation. The manager had my resume and looked over it, seeing my strengths in multi-tasking and order placing and retail experience, from previous employers and felt that I would be good for their front desk area, as this is was my last position. This position she explained would consist of me doing customer pickups (fetching arrived orders, putting brides in their new dresses when they arrive, and having bridesmaids try on their ordered dresses as well.) And ringing up purchases too. She also felt this would be good for me as I was only to be working weekends, because of school, which seemed fantastic at the time. With this I accepted the position.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in December 2011.

they asked me what i knew about the company, we went over my job history and then talked a little about the company and their standards. it was an overall easy interview, the manager did most of the talking. they want to make sure you are not scared and you have a thick enough skin before they offer you the job. then she invited me to meet the assistant manager and she also just talked about how the job was nothing like the tv shows. after that she said she liked me and offered me the job. my advise would be to keep eye contact because its important that when they are talking so much that they know you are paying attention. and when talk about how difficult the job can be act like you already expect that- (you should expect that already anyways) so they are not scared to take a risk with you. ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING. dress very nicely. pay attention to what you wear to this interview. i dressed classic with a sleeveless a line dress and nude pumps and everyone working in the store kept commenting on my outfit and how "cute" i looked. i think thats what really made a good impression!

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alfred Angelo Bridal in September 2010.

Personality goes a long way. You have to want to be committed to work hard. If you shine in enthusiasm and confidence you just may get it. I had one interview and it was about a week after that I started.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenging experience you have had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I was pleased with my salary