Alion Interview Questions

2.2

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alion.

Found the job posting on their website and submitted my resume. Received an email from the recruiter about a week later. She set up a time for a phone call the following day which was easy and quick. She asked the usual questions in an initial phone interview.

After my conversation with the recruiter, I was sent a bunch of forms that make up their application. This was a bit tedious but it is what it is. Once I got those back to her, she set up a time for me to speak with the hiring manager.

The position I was applying for was in San Diego and the hiring manager and recruiter were both in DC. But either way, the phone interview with the hiring manager was painless. He had me explain my resume, asked how I could apply it to that position, and then asked if I was okay working on a contract. The position was a contingent hire for a contract at SPAWAR. At the end of the phone call, the hiring manager said they would send me a contingent hire offer letter.

After a few weeks, I still had no offer in my email and despite emailing the recruiter multiple times, I was ignored. Finally, about a month after the interview, I heard back from the recruiter who asked if I was still interested and that they wanted to move forward. At that point I had accepted another position though.

Overall, easy interview process but not very responsive.

Better offer elsewhere.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Alion in November 2012.

Great interview, but they lowballed me, and offered a "fresh out of college" wage, for a high level position- the interviewer was nice enough, and the job looked challenging, but I clearly articulated my salary range beforehand, and they wasted my time anyway. Alion is a great company, with a great benefits package, but their offer bordered on insulting- times are hard and there's a recession, but that's no reason to take advantage of qualified people

Salary offered was half of current salary

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alion in January 2012.

The process was very straight forward. I applied online. They contacted me within the week to setup an interview. I had one interview to go over basically my skills and resume. I got an email the following week with a job offer and salary.

Cognitive Science Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Alion in October 2011.

Initially started with a contact through my university, and then progressed to a phone interviews before getting into the in person interview. The process was smooth and rather fast.

Minor difficulties in the actual hiring process due to being a remote worker, and several time zones away from H.R. but nothing that wasn't resolved in a few days with persistance.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation went better than expected, as they are actively looking for individuals with my qualifications I received more than I expected. I was able to negotiate for more than my previous internship by several dollars.

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alion in October 2011.

I learned about Alion from my college's career services department. I filled out the application online and received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview and a few days after that, I received a job offer. It was a very fast and efficient interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical interview questions asking about technical experience, job history and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Technical Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Alion in August 2011.

I was mostly asking the questions.

Interview Questions
    Recommendation for interviewee: Don't forget to bring your formal documents to the interview. And it's OK to negotiate for a higher salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Alion in May 2011.

I spoke with managers concerning the client's expectations and the complexity of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex activity in your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Alion in May 2011.

Company culled me resume from Career Builder, called me on Wednesday to see if I was interested and available for an interview. Went to an interview on Friday, was made an offer that afternoon, started working 2 weeks later.

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alion in September 2010.

Applied for the position online and received a call a week later from an HR rep. She asked if I was still interested in the position, which I was, and set up an interview with one of the Engineer Leads on the contract. I met with the Team Lead a few days later at the location where I would be working. The interview was very informal, he asked for a copy of my resume, I presume he was looking at it for the first time. He asked about my course curriculum in school and we just talked about the position. I wasn't quizzed on anything or didn't have to answer any of the standard HR type questions. After the interview I recieved a call back a day or two later asking if I would be interested in another entry level engineer position. I said sure, the team lead of this contract called and told me about the contract and day to day work load and asked if I was interested. A couple days later HR called with an offer for 2nd position and I took it.

No negotiations. I was fresh out of college and had no relevant experience to leverage any negotiations.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alion in August 2010.

I did not go well

Interview Questions

Worked for Alion? Contribute to the Community!