Alion Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alion in November 2012.

Great interview, but they lowballed me, and offered a "fresh out of college" wage, for a high level position- the interviewer was nice enough, and the job looked challenging, but I clearly articulated my salary range beforehand, and they wasted my time anyway. Alion is a great company, with a great benefits package, but their offer bordered on insulting- times are hard and there's a recession, but that's no reason to take advantage of qualified people

Salary offered was half of current salary

Technical Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alion in August 2011.

I was mostly asking the questions.

Interview Questions
    Recommendation for interviewee: Don't forget to bring your formal documents to the interview. And it's OK to negotiate for a higher salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alion in May 2011.

I spoke with managers concerning the client's expectations and the complexity of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex activity in your current position?   Answer Question

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alion in September 2010.

Applied for the position online and received a call a week later from an HR rep. She asked if I was still interested in the position, which I was, and set up an interview with one of the Engineer Leads on the contract. I met with the Team Lead a few days later at the location where I would be working. The interview was very informal, he asked for a copy of my resume, I presume he was looking at it for the first time. He asked about my course curriculum in school and we just talked about the position. I wasn't quizzed on anything or didn't have to answer any of the standard HR type questions. After the interview I recieved a call back a day or two later asking if I would be interested in another entry level engineer position. I said sure, the team lead of this contract called and told me about the contract and day to day work load and asked if I was interested. A couple days later HR called with an offer for 2nd position and I took it.

No negotiations. I was fresh out of college and had no relevant experience to leverage any negotiations.

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alion in May 2009.

I update my resume on their website regularly I received a call from a recruiter about the new contract they won. I was asked to fill out a lot of paperwork before the interview. I met with the program manager a few days after the recruiter contacted me. I felt ready for the interview and was excited about the opportunity posted online. The position mentioned on their website and on other websites such as monster had different job titles with the same criteria.

I brought an updated version of my resume on nice resume paper, this was very different than the resume they had in their hand. The recruiter didn't give them the appropriate updated resume which is usually the case in most recruiter scheduled interviews.

The program manger reviewed my resume, asked me a little bit about what I currently do in my job. They asked me what a day in my job would look like, only after I asked the same question of this position. I later find out that the description posted all over the web may be something I take on but it may be very different since they don't have a task order yet. I was asked a few situational questions, when I wasn't sure the context of the events I asked a few more questions and then led with my response. The questions were asked to make me think on my feet as the position requires.

I asked if they felt that I was qualified for the position and if there's any recommendations to jump start my knowledge about the program. They gave me some pointers which will help me in my interview. It was the faster interview I've been on, only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would coordinate 3 & 4 star schedules during Fleet Week?   Answer Question