AlixPartners IT Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in March 2012.

Alix Partners LLP is a company that listens to tests rather than people. I had been working my way through multiple interviews with them over the course of two months and passed every single one with flying colors. I had lunchs with employees and management, was given grand tours, was sold on why I should choose to work with them instead of taking another offer and then finally got to the testing phase. I was warned by the recruiter that there is a 90% failure rate of the tests, but not to worry. I was confident because of the feedback I was getting from the person who would be my direct manager, and the team members I was working with. I went in, did the testing and then was summerly dismissed with no explanation except that in two weeks I could find out the results for myself to discover why I was discounted as a candidate. Team members and management reached out and apologized. They said that there was nothing they could do. I moved on.

The testing process is a set of 3 personality inventories, and two IQ/aptitude tests. The average time to take these tests is four and a half hours. I took about four hours to do mine. While the testing experience was not unpleasant in and of itself. The realization that the management would rather take results from testing than use the knowledge they have from getting to know someone and listening to their own team.

I strongly suggest that you seek other opportunities while interviewing with Alix Partners. Their process is slow, demanding, and overall it doesn't matter what anyone says to you, only what the tests at the end say.

Interview Questions

Worked for AlixPartners? Contribute to the Community!