AlixPartners Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

3.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AlixPartners.

I first went through a phone interview, then interviewed in person and spoke with 4 team members. After passing that first round, I went in for a personality test and quantitative test that were done remotely on a computer, and then had a further personality test with an in-house psychologist. After passing that round, I went in for a second round of in-person interviews with more senior management-level members, after which I got my offer. The process was pretty long, with approximately 1 week between each step.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Case Question: Is it more profitable for a cab driver to either 1) pick up passengers randomly around Manhattan or 2) only concentrate on picking up passengers to/from airports   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners.

Long process. 3 Phone interviews one with the recruiter. Then they fly you out to their east coast office. There you will be interviewed by 5 directors or principals. Afterwards is the assessment test at your nearest office.

Interview Questions
    • Business case about ops. Should they close a factory or not.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners in January 2015.

The interview process was very thorough, it included personality assessments, IQ Based Assessment, and phone interview. Overall it was a very thorough process and it was clear they care about hiring the best talent.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners.

Hiring process included phone screen, five interviews, and extensive testing. Testing included IQ, personality, and accounting test. Interviewed with Associates, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managing Directors. Interview were approximately 30 minutes in length.

Interview Questions
    • If you supervisor was in the room, what would he/she say is your major weakness.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with corporate HR and business leaders.

IMS Associate Interview

The interview process is complicated but not that difficult if you know what they are looking for. The IMS team looks for people who are willing to work hard, travel, work hard, operate independently, travel and did i mention work hard? There is the IQ test (no tricks there) and the testing which looks for what i mentioned above. Individual interviews are hit or miss - I had four interviewers who weren't too difficult and if you know someone at the firm it will give you a HUGE advantage.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlixPartners in April 2014.

I was very unhappy which how unprofessional the HR was. Very unpleasant experience, i would not recommend this to anyone.

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlixPartners.

They first do a phone interview to gather basic information on skills and qualifications

Interview Questions
    • Mostly their questions were geared to a high view of what you would do in a given situation. Since this was entry level.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlixPartners in October 2013.

Phone interview. Recruiter made me call her. She answered on speakerphone. It was apparent she was doing work in the background and was difficult to hear her. Asked first if I had Business Objects and Hyperion experience. I said I have SAP experience but no Hyperion. She then asked again if I have Business Objects experience not realizing Business Objects IS SAP...She then went through my resume and cut me off many times while I was explaining my positions. After about 20 minutes she said "well the person we're looking for has to have both BO and Hyperion experience so I don't think we're a good fit." I asked her then why did she waste another 20 minutes of my time going through my background. She didn't have an answer. I asked to talk to her manager at which point she rudely said "I'm a Director, so I'm not going to pass you on to anyone."

I have never felt so disrespected on an interview before. For as many great things as I've heard about AlixPartners I have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed with how I was treated especially because I was referred by a Sr. VP at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners in August 2013.

AP has a five step interview process that took place over several months for me (might be uncommon): 1. HR phone screen, 2. consultant phone screen, 3. In-office "super" day with case/behavioral interviews, 4. In-office aptitude/behavioral testing, 5. Practice-lead phone screen. Step 3 was clearly the most intense and stressful, but everyone on AP's end was very professional and supporting. My only issue with the process was the huge spans of time between steps.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews in Step 3 can be pretty industry-specific, but not impossible to work through.   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners in July 2013.

Started with Phone Interview of about an hour normal background interview questions . Then had a 1/2 day in the office in the office with phone calls, tests, and in person interviews. The process sounds very brutal, but once you are there, it is not as bad as it seems. Everyone was very friendly, and made you feel comfortable while going through the process.