AlixPartners

Relevance Date Difficulty

IMS Associate Interview

IMS Associate

Interviewed at AlixPartners

Interview Details – The interview process is complicated but not that difficult if you know what they are looking for. The IMS team looks for people who are willing to work hard, travel, work hard, operate independently, travel and did i mention work hard? There is the IQ test (no tricks there) and the testing which looks for what i mentioned above. Individual interviews are hit or miss - I had four interviewers who weren't too difficult and if you know someone at the firm it will give you a HUGE advantage.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlixPartners in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was very unhappy which how unprofessional the HR was. Very unpleasant experience, i would not recommend this to anyone.

Interview Question – The interview was easy, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

SQL Database Administrator Interview

SQL Database Administrator
Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AlixPartners.

Interview Details – They first do a phone interview to gather basic information on skills and qualifications

Interview Question – Mostly their questions were geared to a high view of what you would do in a given situation. Since this was entry level.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at AlixPartners in August 2013.

Interview Details – AP has a five step interview process that took place over several months for me (might be uncommon): 1. HR phone screen, 2. consultant phone screen, 3. In-office "super" day with case/behavioral interviews, 4. In-office aptitude/behavioral testing, 5. Practice-lead phone screen. Step 3 was clearly the most intense and stressful, but everyone on AP's end was very professional and supporting. My only issue with the process was the huge spans of time between steps.

Interview Question – The case interviews in Step 3 can be pretty industry-specific, but not impossible to work through.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AlixPartners in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Recruiter made me call her. She answered on speakerphone. It was apparent she was doing work in the background and was difficult to hear her. Asked first if I had Business Objects and Hyperion experience. I said I have SAP experience but no Hyperion. She then asked again if I have Business Objects experience not realizing Business Objects IS SAP...She then went through my resume and cut me off many times while I was explaining my positions. After about 20 minutes she said "well the person we're looking for has to have both BO and Hyperion experience so I don't think we're a good fit." I asked her then why did she waste another 20 minutes of my time going through my background. She didn't have an answer. I asked to talk to her manager at which point she rudely said "I'm a Director, so I'm not going to pass you on to anyone."

I have never felt so disrespected on an interview before. For as many great things as I've heard about AlixPartners I have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed with how I was treated especially because I was referred by a Sr. VP at the company.

Interview Question – Typical HR questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Business Development Interview

Senior Consultant/Business Development
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to Alix through some colleagues who were familiar with the firm. They are creating a new consulting division and they were looking for new talent. I was contacted by someone in HR in Dallas with the message "somehow your CV landed on my desk".

Interview Question – Alix has a decentralized interview process. HR isn't competent to handle senior hires. Extended process with little communication. Long testing and poor expectations around next steps or preparation for the upcoming interviews. I was asked to spend almost two days in testing and interviews. When I mentioned that I needed to return to work for some client meetings, they appeared offended. I found the process unpleasant and the HR team was often rude in their communications with me.   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Paraprofessional
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in July 2013.

Interview Details – Started with Phone Interview of about an hour normal background interview questions . Then had a 1/2 day in the office in the office with phone calls, tests, and in person interviews. The process sounds very brutal, but once you are there, it is not as bad as it seems. Everyone was very friendly, and made you feel comfortable while going through the process.

Interview Question – Why Alixpartners?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AlixPartners in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by headhunter on LinkedIn. One fit screen with a recruiting Director. Two fit, experience, behavior interviews with VPs and Directors. Personality, fit and IQ assessments. One last conversation with 2 MDs (offer made during the conversation)

Interview Question – Being a relatively senior firm overall, past experience and what you bring to the table appears to be key   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some wiggle room. Mostly based on your experience and past compensation. Bonus structure quite unique and attractive.

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went through various rounds. First an HR round about basic HR questions. Next an in-person interview with 2 directors. Very relaxed conversation. They like to chat but be careful they are evaluating you. Next a phone interview with an MD.

Interview Question – Question on SQL   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Southfield, MI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in March 2012.

Interview Details – Alix Partners LLP is a company that listens to tests rather than people. I had been working my way through multiple interviews with them over the course of two months and passed every single one with flying colors. I had lunchs with employees and management, was given grand tours, was sold on why I should choose to work with them instead of taking another offer and then finally got to the testing phase. I was warned by the recruiter that there is a 90% failure rate of the tests, but not to worry. I was confident because of the feedback I was getting from the person who would be my direct manager, and the team members I was working with. I went in, did the testing and then was summerly dismissed with no explanation except that in two weeks I could find out the results for myself to discover why I was discounted as a candidate. Team members and management reached out and apologized. They said that there was nothing they could do. I moved on.

The testing process is a set of 3 personality inventories, and two IQ/aptitude tests. The average time to take these tests is four and a half hours. I took about four hours to do mine. While the testing experience was not unpleasant in and of itself. The realization that the management would rather take results from testing than use the knowledge they have from getting to know someone and listening to their own team.

I strongly suggest that you seek other opportunities while interviewing with Alix Partners. Their process is slow, demanding, and overall it doesn't matter what anyone says to you, only what the tests at the end say.

Interview Question – Take me through your history.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AlixPartners

Worked for AlixPartners? Contribute to the Community!