AlixPartners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant/Business Development Interview

Senior Consultant/Business Development
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AlixPartners in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to Alix through some colleagues who were familiar with the firm. They are creating a new consulting division and they were looking for new talent. I was contacted by someone in HR in Dallas with the message "somehow your CV landed on my desk".

Interview Question – Alix has a decentralized interview process. HR isn't competent to handle senior hires. Extended process with little communication. Long testing and poor expectations around next steps or preparation for the upcoming interviews. I was asked to spend almost two days in testing and interviews. When I mentioned that I needed to return to work for some client meetings, they appeared offended. I found the process unpleasant and the HR team was often rude in their communications with me.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AlixPartners in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by headhunter on LinkedIn. One fit screen with a recruiting Director. Two fit, experience, behavior interviews with VPs and Directors. Personality, fit and IQ assessments. One last conversation with 2 MDs (offer made during the conversation)

Interview Question – Being a relatively senior firm overall, past experience and what you bring to the table appears to be key   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some wiggle room. Mostly based on your experience and past compensation. Bonus structure quite unique and attractive.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlixPartners in June 2011.

Interview Details – I found the position through a LinkedIn posting. I was living in another city when I applied and it took a few weeks to coordinate for a 1:1 interview. After meeting the approval of the entire team, I was given an offer. The consultants go through a more difficult interview process as they are all highly experienced and have extensive backgrounds to cover.

Interview Question – If you were in the position, put together your ideal plan and bring it to the 1:1 interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated early in the interview process and was able to secure a comfortable number. I cannot speak for the consulting professionals who recieve other forms of compensation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AlixPartners? Contribute to the Community!

AlixPartners Videos

AlixPartners – Why Work for Us?

AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialize in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AlixPartners interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by AlixPartners employees and interview candidates.