AlixPartners Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant/Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AlixPartners in May 2013.

I was referred to Alix through some colleagues who were familiar with the firm. They are creating a new consulting division and they were looking for new talent. I was contacted by someone in HR in Dallas with the message "somehow your CV landed on my desk".

Interview Questions
    • Alix has a decentralized interview process. HR isn't competent to handle senior hires. Extended process with little communication. Long testing and poor expectations around next steps or preparation for the upcoming interviews. I was asked to spend almost two days in testing and interviews. When I mentioned that I needed to return to work for some client meetings, they appeared offended. I found the process unpleasant and the HR team was often rude in their communications with me.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AlixPartners in July 2012.

Contacted by headhunter on LinkedIn. One fit screen with a recruiting Director. Two fit, experience, behavior interviews with VPs and Directors. Personality, fit and IQ assessments. One last conversation with 2 MDs (offer made during the conversation)

Interview Questions
    • Being a relatively senior firm overall, past experience and what you bring to the table appears to be key   Answer Question
    Some wiggle room. Mostly based on your experience and past compensation. Bonus structure quite unique and attractive.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AlixPartners in June 2011.

I found the position through a LinkedIn posting. I was living in another city when I applied and it took a few weeks to coordinate for a 1:1 interview. After meeting the approval of the entire team, I was given an offer. The consultants go through a more difficult interview process as they are all highly experienced and have extensive backgrounds to cover.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in the position, put together your ideal plan and bring it to the 1:1 interview.   Answer Question
    I negotiated early in the interview process and was able to secure a comfortable number. I cannot speak for the consulting professionals who recieve other forms of compensation.