All Books & Company Owner Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Summerville, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at All Books & Company in July 2009.

From the time the previous owner (P-O) began to consider selling the book shop to the time the sale was complete was just over a year. We talked about it for a bit before i determined to seriously consider the purchase.
In July of 1994, I began working with in the book shop with the P-O on a daily basis. At the end of September, I went to the regional booksellers' convention with the P-O. By mid November, I was capable of daily operations on my own. On January 2, 1995, I purchased the company.

Interview Questions
  • In a general book shop setting, can you bring the necessary spectrum of knowledge:
    (a) Will you be able to engage the interest of a toddler, an eight-year-old, a teen, and their parents? The erudite and the common? Mystery or history?
    (b) Do you know enough about the world to satisfy every taste, within reason?
    (c) Are you willing, within reason, to drop any feelings or opinions that may incline you to censor the reading materials you offer - or special order if they are too offensive to live on your shelves?
      View Answer
  • Do you have the technical knowledge to operate a book shop?
    Can you supervise employees so that they are fulfilled and the job is done?
    Have you the business knowledge to maintain the b-o-r-i-n-g side of the job?
      View Answer
Bring money and enthusiasm.

Interviews for Top Jobs at All Books & Company

Worked for All Books & Company? Contribute to the Community!