AllSaints Retail Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.5

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at AllSaints Retail.

Interview

They interview in a group and goes around with introductions. After all questions, variating from person to person, they come back with names that hadn't made the cut. Then it moves onto Phase II. They give you the profile of the subject, and based on that you have three minutes to create an outfit. Take notice as you walk in of the clothes they have, the faster you can put together and outfit that works, the higher your chances. Remember the size, build, and persona of the subject/client.

Floor Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AllSaints Retail.

Interview

Very easy interview with no unexpected questions. Just consider who is interviewing you and tailor your answers to their intellect level. Chances are the interview will be very casual and you will be judges more on what you look like rather than the answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Declined the offer because it was very low

Part Time Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AllSaints Retail.

Interview

I applied online with a cover letter and resume, and received a phone call roughly a week later to set up an interview for the following week. It was a group interview with about 20 applicants, and we began by sitting in a circle while a manager and Senior Stylist told us about the position, the company, and what they expected out of us. We went around the circle and introduced ourselves, and stated where we were from. Then, we did an activity where we were each given a profile of a fictional person, and had to put together an outfit for them for a specific occasion (for example: a 30 year old woman who enjoys horseback riding and has a casual style, but dislikes feminine clothing, and is going to meet her boyfriend's parents for the first time.) We then presented our outfits, which was followed by one last round of questions. A question was asked, four people would answer that question, and then the next four people would start with a new question. Questions included things such as "Who do you think our biggest competitors are and what sets us apart?" and "Describe your personal style and what inspires it." After the interview, most people had a second interview with the head manager.

Interview Questions

• The styling scenario was definitely the most unexpected, but was also extremely fun.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AllSaints Retail.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the following day and had a interview that afternoon.
    I just had to fill out an application at the job site and had a 1:1 interview with the store Manager.
    The store manager asked a few questions and asked a little bit about myself and my experience. Overall, it went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not unexpected or difficult. The questions were pretty common.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent in resume, about a week after I recieved an email the night before the scheduled interview. It was pretty much a take it or leave it situation. Once arrived at the store the floor manager lead a group of us to be questioned. Basic interview questions although the interview was focused more on describing the brand and the position. The floor manager then advised us that she would be contacting me that friday. This did not happen. There was no contact after two weeks, sent another follow up email, still no response. Overall very unprofessional management team at this specific All Saints location in downtown NYC. The fact that the floor manager contacted the group in a "cc" email (where the other 10 email addresses of the people being interviewed are visible) the night before is unprofessional. Along with not responding to the two follow up emails, this brand needs some work in their management team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave the best customer service possible yet the customer was unhappy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I handed my resume and cover letter to a floor manager and was asked a bit about myself (whether I had experience in retail, why AllSaints, etc). I was contacted a few days later via email with an invitation to a group interview. I attended and was interviewed by the store manager and one floor manager. During the interview, I was asked to introduce myself and share a bit about me. We were then asked why we wished to work for AllSaints and then what exactly we knew about the company. Cuts were made following these questions, and the remainder of us were asked to style an outfit from merchandise on the floor before presenting & pitching them to the interviewers. Another segment of questions followed, such as who we believe are AllSaints competitors (designers and retailers) and what we believe makes great customer service. We were then asked if we had any questions for the interviewers. The interview ended and I received a call a few days later with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Hired through a referral. Had interview with the person who referred me and a second interview with the store manager. The first interview was a basic interview with typical questions based on experience and knowledge of the AllSaints brand. The second interview was a style test where I was given multiple scenarios to help inspire outfits to create.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

review and raise after 90 day probational period

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (New York, NY).

Interview

Turned in my resume and was invited back for group interviews almost immediately.

There were at least 30 people who were then split into smaller groups for a short group interview. If you were asked to stay, you moved on to a styling session in which you had to describe the outfit you created. After that were one-on-one interviews with one of several managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary...except for the fact that there were a total of three interviews for a stylist position.   Answer Question

I received a phone call the next day with a job offer but declined.

Stylist -- California, United States Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied by walking in and introducing myself Gave them my resume and they scheduled interview. Asked me customer service questions, bad and good experiences with customers, etc. Then asked to style two outfits. Then had to try on a look and they took my picture. I didnt like that they made me take a photo. I dont photograph well and it made me very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• 'who would you consider our competitors'   1 Answer

Negotiation

after 90 day trial period

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AllSaints Retail (Aventura, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

complete application, submit, wait for a call back from store manager or assistant manager. then date is set for and interview, dress British casual, show up with resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pay grade.