Allegheny Health Network Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.9

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in May 2014.

I was contacted for an initial interview shortly after applying online. The interview with the Customer Service Manager went well. I wanted to wait until my job at my current employer ended with the call center closure. The Manager was receptive to this request. I was advised by the HR recruiter that I was top on their list for consideration. I contacted the HR manager when the call center I was working in closed. I was advised that I was to meet with two recently hired supervisors to discuss changes that were made in the AHN call center since I had interviewed. I clarified with the HR recruiter that this was a meeting, and not a second interview. I was assured it was a meeting to share information. When I met with the two supervisors who would have been my peers, this meeting turned out to be an additional interview. After the interview, I reached out to the HR recruiter and advised her that I thought that the "meeting" went well. She advised me that she should have results by the following week and would get back to me then. That was the last correspondence that I've received from anyone associated with AHN. I reached out to the recruited several times trying to get some sort of update, but was ignored each time. If I was not going to be offered the position that would be fine, just let me know. Very unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone breaks a rule every now and then. Give me an example of a time you broke a rule and what happened.   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network.

I interviewed with two managers and was eventually selected to work for one who had more positions open at the hospitals she was working with. They called back very quickly and were interested in my start date being as early as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember many of the quesions that were asked due to the interview being quite a while ago.   Answer Question
    none. take it or leave it.

IT Sourcing & Procurement Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in February 2014.

Fantastic Management! I am not even upset that I was rejected because of how amazing it feels to be excited about a potential employer. This is the organization for me. There were three different phone interviews that lasted three months because of the holidays. After three months, I was invited to meet two of the Procurement Directors who were very nice to meet. They said I passed so they then welcomed me past the locked doors and I got to meet their supervisor (VP Operations), who I could tell immediately was an awesome person to work for. He ended up being prior military, which is similar to me. I passed his test and had someone from the Talent Acquisition Office set up a meeting to meet the executives of the proposed program office assignment for the position. For some reason the recruiter's meeting invite was for 10:00 AM when the interview was really for 1:00 PM so I got to show up twice and look like an idiot. Anyway, I interviewed with two different CIOs at the same time and they were pretty cool as well. Unfortunately, I got a call from the VP Operations who delivered the bad news. He told me they were considering me for the same type of position with a different department but I have not heard anything yet. Either way, I really liked everyone and plan on applying to future openings. This role was not a management role and I feel that it could have possibly sent me in the wrong direction had I been offered the position. I was blown away by how comfortable I was at times like I already fit in. There were times that I had to remind myself not to get too relaxed. The competitor(s) are in trouble because this is an organization stacked with top talent. I am confident that I will be chosen for one of the next one or two openings that are posted.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The most difficult experience for me was the nervousness I had because of how bad I wanted the job. I was not used to liking a company as much as I did Highmark. Their procurement team is exceptional and highly recommend applying because it was refreshing, at least for me, to be able to be myself and feel like I could go to work on a daily basis feeling like everyone is on the same team with the same mission and let us all have fun together accomplishing our mission. I know that sounds corny but I really take my work seriously and enjoy doing it, except when I am in a situation like I currently am where I feel like management is taking advantage of my drive and dedication.   Answer Question

Preservices Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network.

You will be contacted by a hiring representative from Human Resources in which they will schedule a phone interview-approx 1 hour. From there, they forward the information to the hiring supervisor for review. Who will then contact you for an in person interview -approx 1 hour. They will forward the information back to the hiring rep who will then contact you with an offer. If you choose to accept they schedule you for orientation and then mandatory drug testing and physical evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • Name multiple scenarios where you went out of your way to help a patient?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in February 2013.

Interview process consisted of one phone screen with the HR recruiter and one in person interview with the hiring manager. The entire process seemed very rushed. (This should have been a red flag). I did not met anyone else in person prior to being hired. There was not much discussion of the real duties of the position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did not seem to have a clear idea of what the ideal candidate for this position would be. As a result, many questions seemed to be irrelevant.   Answer Question
    The offer negotiations were all done over the phone and were conducted in a somewhat unprofessional and sloppy manner. The initial offer was insulting low, though they did come up to an acceptable level.

IT Support Specialist Interview

First interview was a face to face with department head. Told me of daily tasks and talked about my background. Gave a tour of the building I'd be working in. Second interview was 2 hours. First hour was with a panel of workers that did the job I'd applied for. Asked a few technical questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in November 2009.

Was thorough and included upper management and would be peer group.

Interview Questions
    They made offer and not willing to make much change.

Senior Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in August 2012.

About three and a half months after I applied for the postion, I was contacted by a Practice Manager to interview. There was no phone screening or any interaction with HR. The Practice Manager was pleasant, but didn't actually ask me any questions about my skills or experience during the interview. She mostly talked about the position and asked if I was interested.

I came back for second interview and was interviewed by pretty much everyone that worked in the office. Everyone was pleasant but the questions were repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee that is taking too much personal time off?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Allegheny Health Network.

I first interviewed with a person in HR, it was a simple interview. Questions mostly about me and my experience. I then interviewed with the manager of the unit I would be working on. She asked "why I was interested in working there?" and my availability.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Worked for Allegheny Health Network? Contribute to the Community!