Allegiant Travel

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel.

1- Applied Online
    2- Received invite to open house/recruitment session
    3- Recruitment session:
    About 250 people showed up. We were seated and given a presentation about the company. Everyone was very friendly including the employees. After the presentation we were split up into smaller groups and given a time to come back for a panel interview.
    The panel interview consisted of 2-3 interviewers and your group had about 7-9 people. You were each told to stand, Say and spell your name, give your number, and then you're given a question to answer. After this you were split into pairs and given a customer service scenario and then you stand up and tell everyone the best solution to the scenario.
    Then you are sent outside where 20 minutes later, you are given a letter which states whether or not you passed. If you passed you were invited to come back the next morning for one on one interviews.
    4- One on One interviews: You were interviewed by 2-4 different employees. Basic customer service questions and also asked your base preference.
    5- They contact you within 2 weeks to let you know if they want to extend an offer.

I have to say the interview was very laid back and Allegiant did a great job at making everyone feel equal and welcomed. The questions are basic customer service questions and they want you to relax and just be yourself. Make sure you SMILE SMILE SMILE! And socialize with other candidates during downtime. Answer the interview questions like you would but don't try too hard to wow them. They want genuine people who have their own personality but make sure you shine just enough. A lot of people got cut for being too quiet or for being too bossy.

Great experience overall.

Accepted offer with a different airline

Ancillary Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in November 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. I interviewed with the recruiter on the phone, then was told they wanted a second interview with the hiring manager the next day.

During this second interview they actually had multiple persons on the line, asked basic questions such as what i thought of the business model.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me how I would put 4 gallons of water into a 5 gallon bucket, and I only had a 5 gallon and 3 gallon bucket,   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in November 2014.

The process consisted of a 2 part panel interview at my university. Followed by a Skype interview and excel test. Further followed by an on-site interview in Las Vegas and then a presentation via Skype. All told, I interviewed with 14 different people for a total of 7 hours.

The culture is unique and creative. White board walls, open work space layout. No private offices, even for executives. They do not disclose compensation estimates.

Most of my interviewers were young (22-30), one even mentioned that he had only been working for the company for a few months. They have an endless supply of analytical and behavioral questions and a few business case questions.

After I had completed the entire process, I was informed that I would receive a "Yay or Nay" within 3-5 days. 8 days later I was notified that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • How many flights departed from and arrived to Las Vegas International Airport yesterday?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Got to stage 2 of the interview and had to do an excel test. Lost out at the Excel test because I misread something and had to go back and fix everything.
    The interview questions are somewhat ridcious they try to be like Google and ask questions that show your though process "How many glasses of orange juice are drank a day"? I dislike these question because they seem to be an attempt to be edgy.

The bad part was that they said they would get back to me in 3-5 days to let me know if I was approved or denied but never did. I called and emailed them but they ignored both/ This is poor behavior on part of the company atleast let me know.

Also, in the interview they stated the company had problems like growing pains.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in October 2014.

I felt this interview was very unorganized and unprofessional. I sat with the manager for all of 5-10 minutes, the whole time she kept looking at her phone and responding to her emails, before handing me off to be interviewed with others in the department. They also lied about the reason why the position was available stating the former employee had been there for years and only left to help start her own company, if this is so then why was this exact same position posted just 5 months prior to this? seems like you may have a high turn over...

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with 4 different people, including the Manager who didn't have any questions for me. The other 3 people just asked me the same questions worded differently over and over.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Hiring took about a month. I was invited to the OH in Orlando. I received an email a few weeks after to fill out recomendations and I haven't heard since.

Interview Questions
    • They should tell me whether or not they want to hire me instead of me waiting for "The Call"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel.

I applied online, few weeks later received an email invite to "Flight Attendant Open House Recruitment Event".
    This event took place in a Hotel meeting room along with about 100+ other applicants.
    Allegiant Airlines employees were there to give the demonstration of the job.
    You watched a short video about the company.
    Then, you are called one by one to go up in the front of the room and explain to everyone who you are and why you want to work for Allegiant. This was extremely intimidating for several people I noticed.
    Then, if they like you, you are called back later that day to come back for additional screening/interviews.
    I was called back.
    I had 2 face to face interviews and answered alot of Customer Service Situational type kind of questions.
    I was then asked if I could relocate and I said yes.
    Everything appeared to be good but I never received a follow up which is fine because its their loss!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to build something out of Legos what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in August 2014.

APPLICATION PROCESS:

Applied online and little over 2 weeks later, received both an Evite and separate email invitation to attend an open house/Information Session. This was held at a hotel near the airport.

HIRING PROCESS:

Attended the information session. Candidates were given numbers in the order in which they arrived, or were standing in line. The session was due to begin at 9:00 am, so approximately 25 of us arrived before that time and THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT! The early bird truly does catch the worm, because by the time we actually began, it was about 9:30 and AT LEAST 100 more people showed up. Most were dressed for an interview, but a good number appeared to have just rolled out of bed and shown up. One even had on a ski cap and polo shirt! I say all this to say: DRESS TO IMPRESS. They interview you on-site and it clearly states that in the invitation.

At any rate, the corporate recruiter proceeded to do a slide show of the company history, benefits and pay. After her presentation, we were introduced to different staff we'd interact with if hired. Finally the actual local airport manager gave a brief overview of how things operate at the location that was hiring, and then we went on a 90 minute break. We were advised that if anyone decided the position was not for them, they could use that break time to leave.

Surprisingly, 90% of the original group returned and we were called in numerical order for a short one-on-one interview with the staff members we were introduced to earlier. They took 7 at a time into an adjacent room. The interview was very short (all of 5 minutes), but effective. Honestly, I wish ALL companies adopted this interview approach because RARELY do people blatantly lie on their resume, and if they show up looking the part and their ability to answer a few important questions match up with their resume and appearance, that's all it should take. Regardless, there's always a probationary period, so whether a person is qualified or not, if they aren't a fit, they aren't a fit. But, off my soapbox now.

During the presentation and brief interview, we were advised that if we are chosen to move on to the hiring process, we would receive an email inviting us to take a basic skills assessment and provide a MINIMUM of five references -- two being managers. They were emphatic that ALL FIVE had to be completed or else your file would not be complete and you would not be hired (you can log in via the link they provide and check the status of the references).

FINAL OUTCOME:

Four days after the information session/interview, I received both emails. I completed the steps and two weeks later was offered the position.

This week I completed my fingerprints and drug screen and am due to begin training in another week or so.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take an innovative approach to a situation at work.   Answer Question
    None. Salary and Terms were discussed at the information session.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in July 2014.

After applying online and getting the invitation to the open interview in Orlando, which was 3000 miles away for me at my own expense, I showed up at 7:35 am for the 8:00 registration and the line was long! I was 130 out of 200+/- applicants who were all dressed to impress. I wasn't fancy. I wore my hair neatly styled down (not up), wore a black skort and a green blouse, nylons, minimal accessories. After the presentation giving information about the company and what to expect as a member of their team, which was quite informative, we were assigned a return time to come to the group interview based on our number. At group, later that day, there were approximately 8 tables of 5-6 applicants. We were assigned to a table as we walked in. The legos were in a plastic bag on the table, so those of us that have read these reviews knew a little of what to expect. We were given specific instructions to stand up, say our first and last name, spell the first name and given the name of the base you wish to be assigned to, then read a short paragraph (they tell you what that will be...an announcement of some sort). Surprising how many people did not follow those exact instructions... Then we were told, as a group, to come up with an idea to build with the legos, but don't touch the legos yet. Surprising how many people reached for the bag...Listen!! So, while this is going on, all the recruiters are observing every action at the table. They know who the "leaders" are and how you interact with each other. After the exercise, they come back to your table and ask you individual questions. After we were dismissed, we waited for 45 minutes and then the letters came out telling you if you were being asked back for the F2F the next day. I got one! At that interview we saw 3 out of the 6 recruiters for scenario based questions that asked us to recall a time when...

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you came up with an idea that you had to convince others to go along with you and were successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Allegiant Travel in June 2014.

Tough interview- Day 1 is information session about job followed by Group interview. This involved speaking in front of 150+ people reading instruction from a card, Lego building project along with Q & A about the project. If they are interested they will give invite you to Day 2 = 3 individual interviews with 3 different staff members. If they are interested you will receive an e-mail to provide reference, one they are checked....drug test & FBI background check is needed.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview- team building exercise using Lego's. Group of 6-8 collaborate & build something. Team needs to come together why they chose their structure, why they did or did not complete structure in the allotted amount of time.   View Answer