Allegiant Travel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allegiant Travel in April 2010.

Interview Details – Flown in the morning, met with 5 groups, left afterward. Had snacks and water, which helped. Rotated between two-three person groups. Each group was part of different divisions within the company, people represented in a few areas. Questions were not too technical or difficult, primarily behavioral or approach oriented questions.

Interview Question – How many oranges can you fit into an airplane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Post phone-interview and salary negotiation

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allegiant Travel in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website. About a week later, I received an e-mail that I was invited to attend orientation. The orientation was held a hotel with about 60 other candidates. The orientation covered company history, benefits, and working as a flight attendant. We then had a one hour lunch break and came back for group interviews. We were assigned to tables and we had to introduce ourselves and read a short paragraph out loud to the group. We then did a group exercise of playing with Legos. We had to build anything and then explain it to a recruiter. We then were dismissed and waited to hear if we were invited back the next day for personal interviews. I was invited back and met with three separate recruiters. They asked about education, past jobs, and past customer service experiences. I was then dismissed and was told I'd hear back in a week. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected.

Interview Question – Playing with Legos was different, but it was to see how we interacted as a team.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Allegiant Travel

Interview Details – Guys have questions to ask. Screening interview and then they fly you to real interview

Interview Question – How many Taco's are sold in Denver on a given day?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview Details – Filled out applicant profile on website, under career. 5 days later got an email for an invite to complete an assessment test.
Received an email for an invite to Open house about 2 weeks later. Went to open house, about 150 people showed up. Listen to HR
talk about the company, what type of people they are looking for, benefits , pay scale. etc. Watch a short video. She released the group and told
us to come back in 30 min if you were still interested in job. Came back & they broke us all down into groups of 48, with certain times to come back into meeting room

I was in the second group. they had set up 8 table with 6 chairs per table,We had to introduce our self's & we read from a small card about some in flight procedures, played with Lego's ( group exercise)

They dismissed the group and we waited till they pick a handful from our session to come back the next day for a 1 on 1 interview. ( About 5-6 people out of the 48 got the invite to come back the next day)
I did get a envelope saying to come back the next day. Showed up at my time slot, sat down 3 different times with a 1 on 1 interview with the HR department.

About 2 weeks later got a reference email, had 24 hrs to complete, another 2 weeks passed & I got a phone call saying they wanted me to attend the 5 week training school in
Las Vegas.

Interview Question – All were pretty easy, had to relate work experience to the questions they were asking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, You will have to pass the 5 weeks course

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview Details – They will send you a PHP coding test for the first test. Then, they will send you another test which is more JavaScript oriented.

Then they will bring you in for an on-site interview.

During the on-site interview I felt like they took the time just to make their egos bigger. I just recently left a Lead Software Engineer job at Google and I applied here only because there's no web development jobs in Vegas. During the course of the interview, they went over my code test and talked crap about it the whole time. They already saw my code, if they felt it wasn't strong enough, they shouldn't have invited me in.

The hiring guy told me that he tried applying to jobs at the Bay Area but couldn't find anything. Well, go figure.

After the interview, they took me around on a tour. Try finding a smile on any of the employees faces and you won't find any.

Then the recruiter guy called me and said hey, they're wondering how you got the job at Google. They were saying they must have a more stricter hiring criteria than Google. They said they will hire you, and maybe in 4 years you will be on their level. Apparently Google developers are not on this company's level. Wow. Sounds like hating. Funny thing is, they wanted to give me an offer but at $30k less than the original offer. And they already pay half of what they give you in the bay area mind you. Then they told me to wait for the offer, and it never came. Sounds like another ego trip. I wasn't going to accept the offer any way.

Glassdoor community, don't waste your time with these guys who only seek people to interview to make them feel better about themselves. I would be happy to have someone from Google interviewing with us, but it wasn't that way with them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Line Mechanic Interview

Line Mechanic
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Allegiant Travel in December 2013.

Interview Details – They were very courteous and impressed with my credentials. They are a very stable company with good management. I was informed 3 days later in an email thanking me for an interest in their company but needed someone more closely qualified.

Interview Question – Why did I want to go to Wendover, UT.   View Answer

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview Details – Online app really simple, got call for the interview session. Went to the interview first was a group session everyone that work for Allegiant was really kind and helpful even to the people that didn't make it . They call you back for a second interview for the next day and you pretty much good from then . Your time to shine !!!

Interview Question – Why should we hire you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Allegiant Travel in January 2013.

Interview Details – Answer each question specifically. Follow directions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – na

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed at Allegiant Travel in July 2013.

Interview Details – The online application included a mini-assessment at the end, which included demonstrating basic skills required for the position, and that you know something about the company's operating strategy. Then there was a series of phone and skype interviews, and for the final round they bring you into headquarters in Vegas.

Interview Question – Knowing what you know about our business model would it be better to have 100 pax at $50/ticket or 50 pax at $100/ticket? Explore and articulate both sides of the answer.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview Details – It was an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. This was more like a conversation - with Q&A. The hiring manager was very frank on the challenges and responsibilities of the workplace which seemed very fast-paced with constant change. The group was put on another team and the current analyst is leaving for another opportunity.

Interview Question – It was probably the question of what is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Worked for Allegiant Travel? Contribute to the Community!