Allegro Development

2.3

Not Very Accurate Screening Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allegro Development in July 2014.

The HR person emailed me after I applied through Dice.com, and we exchanged a few emails back and forth to determine how accurate the screening process should be. He asked to find time to do a pre-screen via telephone. The HR person is the the person who pre-screens candidates, but he is non-technical (he has zero experience as a software developer)

Interview Questions
    • What is the best way to pre-screen a software developer if the screener is non-technical?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

The interview process lasted the whole day. We were given a tour of the headquarters, then given a look at the product, had three interviews, and finally the CEO gave a presentation on the company. The interview questions were not difficult or out of the ordinary. Also, had to do a presentation on the product.

Quality Assurance Analyst I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allegro Development.

I came in for a full day Interview. During the interview, I got to review the software product. Afterwards, I was brought in a room and told more about the position. I asked questions, but they did not seem to know the answers. During lunch I met some of the current employees.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they made a low offer and I countered. They accepted

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allegro Development in June 2010.

I was able to get the initial call through an employee referral. HR initially called to find out about my previous job, experience level, expected salary, basic stuff. Then I was called for a tech interview that involved hands on coding of a simple problem. A basic data driven application using datasets ( yes...datasets) that can do basic CRUD operations along with minor processing of the data. The tech problem was clearly explained and sample test DB and credentials were already established. So all I had to do was just get to coding. After the hands on coding, the interviewer asked reviewed my solution and asked some standard .NET programming questions. It was certainly surprising to notice that no specific emphasis was given in web technologies during the interview process. Which became obvious later as their product is a legacy WinForms application.

Interview Questions
    • Other than the introduction to the specific problem in the ETRM industry, the hands on coding problem in the interview was not difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allegro Development in July 2009.

I was contacted by HR in Dallas who arranged an interview with a senior consultant over the phone. Professionally handled by Allegro.