Allegro Development Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Associate Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was pretty simple. They just ask you basically about your resume. The office interview really let you showcase your own skills. You can't BS your way through the interview because they make you do a mini project during the day, and in the end you present on what you did in the software to see your presentation skills. The other parts of the interview is where they ask you behavioral type question of "tell me a time where"...

Interview Questions

• What type of boss do you enjoy working under?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you worked on a project that had a stressful deadline.   Answer Question

Not Very Accurate Screening Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The HR person emailed me after I applied through Dice.com, and we exchanged a few emails back and forth to determine how accurate the screening process should be. He asked to find time to do a pre-screen via telephone. The HR person is the the person who pre-screens candidates, but he is non-technical (he has zero experience as a software developer)

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to pre-screen a software developer if the screener is non-technical?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process lasted the whole day. We were given a tour of the headquarters, then given a look at the product, had three interviews, and finally the CEO gave a presentation on the company. The interview questions were not difficult or out of the ordinary. Also, had to do a presentation on the product.

Quality Assurance Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegro Development.

Interview

I came in for a full day Interview. During the interview, I got to review the software product. Afterwards, I was brought in a room and told more about the position. I asked questions, but they did not seem to know the answers. During lunch I met some of the current employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, they made a low offer and I countered. They accepted

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by HR - HR asks a set of basic .NET questions that he has no idea about. Easy to get through. After the phone screen, there was an onsite which had 3 or 4 1:1 interviews. Most of them were just talking about previous projects. Overall not a very challenging interview experience. I had a lot of questions about the tools and methodologies they used, for which they dint have a proper answer.

Interview Questions

• Some basic database related questions. No coding questions were asked given that i applied for a software developer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was a low offer, no space for negotiation

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allegro Development in June 2010.

Interview

I was able to get the initial call through an employee referral. HR initially called to find out about my previous job, experience level, expected salary, basic stuff. Then I was called for a tech interview that involved hands on coding of a simple problem. A basic data driven application using datasets ( yes...datasets) that can do basic CRUD operations along with minor processing of the data. The tech problem was clearly explained and sample test DB and credentials were already established. So all I had to do was just get to coding. After the hands on coding, the interviewer asked reviewed my solution and asked some standard .NET programming questions. It was certainly surprising to notice that no specific emphasis was given in web technologies during the interview process. Which became obvious later as their product is a legacy WinForms application.

Interview Questions

• Other than the introduction to the specific problem in the ETRM industry, the hands on coding problem in the interview was not difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegro Development (City of London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR in Dallas who arranged an interview with a senior consultant over the phone. Professionally handled by Allegro.