Allen Communication

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allen Communication

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allen Communication in January 2015.

Responded to the posting on LinkedIn. I was then contacted and asked to submit a resume and portfolio link. A day later I was contacted to set up an interview time.

I felt the interview went exceptionally well and was told to call back a week later and I would be told if I was moving forward and be given files to complete a "test." I was given every indication by the interviewer that I was a top candidate and would be moving forward.

I called a week later as directed and was sent to voicemail. After leaving a voicemail for the interviewer and one for the HR contact, I waited another day before emailing HR requesting some sort of information. A day later I have not received any word - by email or phone. At this point I am assuming that the position was offered to someone else and Allen Communication doesn't communicate to any candidate other than the one they select.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to showing them what I could do on their test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. The interviewer made it a point to review the company's creative process and workflow with me. It felt more like a conversation than an interview.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Communication.

Initially, I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview for a week out. Upon agreeing on a time, I was sent a confirmation email with the date/time as well as the names and positions of the individuals with whom I would be interviewing. I was told that there were two parts to the interview: a 20-30 minute writing evaluation and a 30-40 minute personal interview.

Upon arriving, I was asked to wait in the lobby until an administrative assistant retrieved me. She led me to a small room with glass doors where there was a Smart TV screen mounted on one wall and three chairs in the room. I was asked to select the seat where I felt most comfortable. I was then told how to complete the written evaluation. This was the part of the interview I was most anxious for, but it turned out to be about 11 multiple choice questions relating to grammar correction in a passage, 5 multiple choice questions that were 'select the best sentence to describe the picture', and then a short essay question about describing a situation. There is a timer on the evaluation and you cannot exceed 30 minutes. Be prepared that there will be a lot of individuals buzzing around outside the room while you are trying to complete the evaluation. It feels as though you are a fish in a bowl being observed by passersby.

Once I completed the written evaluation, I was asked to wait for someone to lead me to the next phase of the interview. This is your standard interview where you are asked about your experience, etc. I was expecting questions regarding what I have done or would do in certain situations, but I was not asked any. Instead they questions were vague and left me feeling unsure of which direction to take them.

The standard interview portion lasted about 40 minutes. I was then told that they would be back to me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were vague, but what you would expect. I wouldn't say that any one was more difficult than another. They really wanted to know if I had experience doing the job they were hiring for.   Answer Question