Allen Communication

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allen Communication

Candidate Interview Review

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Communication.

Initially, I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview for a week out. Upon agreeing on a time, I was sent a confirmation email with the date/time as well as the names and positions of the individuals with whom I would be interviewing. I was told that there were two parts to the interview: a 20-30 minute writing evaluation and a 30-40 minute personal interview.

Upon arriving, I was asked to wait in the lobby until an administrative assistant retrieved me. She led me to a small room with glass doors where there was a Smart TV screen mounted on one wall and three chairs in the room. I was asked to select the seat where I felt most comfortable. I was then told how to complete the written evaluation. This was the part of the interview I was most anxious for, but it turned out to be about 11 multiple choice questions relating to grammar correction in a passage, 5 multiple choice questions that were 'select the best sentence to describe the picture', and then a short essay question about describing a situation. There is a timer on the evaluation and you cannot exceed 30 minutes. Be prepared that there will be a lot of individuals buzzing around outside the room while you are trying to complete the evaluation. It feels as though you are a fish in a bowl being observed by passersby.

Once I completed the written evaluation, I was asked to wait for someone to lead me to the next phase of the interview. This is your standard interview where you are asked about your experience, etc. I was expecting questions regarding what I have done or would do in certain situations, but I was not asked any. Instead they questions were vague and left me feeling unsure of which direction to take them.

The standard interview portion lasted about 40 minutes. I was then told that they would be back to me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were vague, but what you would expect. I wouldn't say that any one was more difficult than another. They really wanted to know if I had experience doing the job they were hiring for.   Answer Question