Allen Systems Group

www.asg.com

Allen Systems Group Interview Questions

3.2

Field Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group.

1. Contacted by ASG recruiter, phone interview with her about my sales stats, 2. Phone interview with hiring manager, 3. face-to-face with hiring manager, 4. Phone interview with VP of sales, 5. Another fact-to-face with hiring manager including a role play, 6. Phone calls with two top reps. 7. back ground and reference check, 8. Offer letter.

In all, it was about a two week process.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a brief scenario and asked to role play and get invited by the customer to present a product in a follow-up meeting. (f you can't do this, you shouldn't be in sales). It's a pretty easy test of skills.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Field Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Allen Systems Group in February 2013.

Moderate difficulty with a phone screening, met with the RVP and a phone call with the AVP. There's a 7 or 8 question profile about your background on the application. Also, the background check is very thorough - employment history, income verification, credit check, and driving record.

Interview Questions
    • What was your experience with a negative customer situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    No. The compensation plan is standard and non-negotiable.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in February 2013.

Lacks discussion structure related to position requirements.

Interviewers:
    not prepared in advance.
    did not know what position I was pursuing.
    not able to explain reasons to work for company.
    did not understand industry current state and company's position in it.
    could not explain why it is a good place to work.
    were unaware of S&P financial rating.
    blamed sales for poor business results.
    made too many references to the CEO's likes and dislikes.

Confusing hiring process. Lots of hurry up and wait, no follow up, last minute changes.

The interviews are difficult because the interviewers are unprepared and distracted.

Interview Questions
    • Name each interviewer and the meeting dates. Why were you recommended?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in November 2010.

I was contacted by the inhouse sales recruiter shortly after I had applied online through an ad posted on linkedin. I was asked to apply online to the company website, then set up a phone interview that same week. The initial interview took approx. 50 minutes. The recruiter was professional, well informed and did a good job selling the opportunity to me. She then had me complete a sales assessment test and coordinated a "panel" screening with the HR manager. This entire process took less than a week, so kudos to them. I was then contacted by the Regional VP to set up a phone interview. After speaking to him for 45 minutes, he recommended that I meet with the Area VP, who was going to be in my area of the country the next week. I met with him, for approx. 30 minutes and did a mock presentation. We discussed salary, start date. I received feedback from the same recuiter the next day and was sent forms to fill out for the background and drug screening. I recieved an offer letter a few days later, with a fair offer. It was what I had expected, as I had discussed with the Area VP earlier. Overall a smooth, quick process and I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • How do I prospect clients? how am I able to get appointments with clients who have no knowledge of ASG? What is the process of the sales cycle and what part do I play in the cycle?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in January 2009.

ASG is clueless and disorganized, it was a start then stop process, they provided me with an offer letter and then just before my scheduled start date they cancelled the offer sighting the "Current Economic conditions"

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a prospect asking why you drive such a fancy car?   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in January 2009.

Intial phone screen with corporate recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then with area vice president followed by offer and acceptance.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation - it was a standard offer for all new field sales hires.

Solution Consultant Interview

I never joined ASG but I was quite surprised by the interview process. This was before Glassdoor was born, so when I saw the "Dissatisfied" rating for ASG today, it made sense. I could imagine it being a chaotic and demoralizing place to work. Just the interview process was highly unprofessional, and their offices were very 'depressing'. For example, they scheduled and reconfirmed F2F interviews and then when I reached, the Manager was not even in town. Later they called me on a weekend to say the VP is only available that day. Despite agreeing, there was no response for days after the interview. They simply said position is on hold.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not related to my skill set or experience or trying to judge what value I can bring to the company. Instead the manager couldn't think beyond their day to day work, and asked questions narrowly confined to their field, products, and processes. For a technical pre-sales role, it is important to judge the overall technical skills and customer facing skills. Their interview, however, was limited to whether we had any knowledge of their product.

The VP was much better and the interview with him went better. He asked me to describe 3 challenges in my previous pre-sales role and what I did to mitigate them.

Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in September 2011.

Was contacted by the ASG recruiter who told me about the company, the opportunity, and why the sales positon was vacant. The recruiter began the process and set up the interview with RVP. Met RVP who went over the position, the company, etc. Next step was meeting with AVP to discuss the position and company, etc.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I discovered that the ASG recruiter lied to me about why the position was open. Candidates should not be lied to by company recruiters. The company should be attractive enough without recruiters that lack integrity telling lies to get candidates to join the organization.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solna, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in June 2011.

Being very professional, experienced, established relations on all levels at Major Accounts. Being able to clarify what is achieved Reuslst, Hav been employed by several of the Top 4 leaders IBM and so on

Interview Questions
    • Business cases is priority and specially latest Cloud technology experience   View Answer
    Try to get pension and other benefits

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Allen Systems Group in July 2008.

Most notably, they never kept to their schedule. You'd land at their office and the manager would be out. The phone interview would happen an hour later than scheduled. There was no update for long periods of time, followed by surge in activity. Questions were generic and related to Windows application (storage, database, networking, mail, etc). Presentation round consisted of demonstrating past success in a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Describe challenges faced in deploying an MS-SQL server for a large pan-nation set up.   Answer Question

Seemed unprofessional and not in the game for long term. The business outlook seemed risky.