Allendale Association

Relevance Date Difficulty

Job Coach Interview

Job Coach
Lake Villa, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allendale Association in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for Allendale on Monster.com and got a call about 2 days later. I knew that the school was for kids with behavior problems, so I was expecting a tough job. I sat down with the interviewer and he told me in-depth about the position. He was very forward and almost tried to intimidate me about the seriousness of the job. He asked me questions like "Have you ever had to wrestle anyone to the ground" and frequently stressed how there is always conflict on the job.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This job was clearly not for me.

Youth Care Worker Interview

Youth Care Worker
Lake Villa, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Allendale Association in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a single interview where I was asked about my education and personal experiences in psychology, mental health, and working with kids, which seemed to go well despite the interviewer being somewhat overly assertive or even aggressive, until he commented that I was "too relaxed." This seemed to imply that I was naive about the job and organization (I wasn't) and that I should have been more intense and aggressive like he was.

Interview Question – Not so much difficult as unexpected: I was shown a video clip (the first time I've ever been asked questions related to a video example) of a group of children playing basketball where two of the children proceeded to fight over the game.The interviewer paused the video and asked what I would do in that situation. After answering, he let the video continue playing and asked me questions about how the adults (clearly those employed in positions similar to the one for which I was applying) responded to the situation.   Answer Question

User Support Specialist Interview

User Support Specialist
Lake Villa, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allendale Association in November 2009.

Interview Details – I saw the add for the position in the newspaper and I submitted a copy of my resume and cover letter. I then followed up and was offered an interview. After the interview I was sent a letter offering me a position which I then accepted. Once hired you go through an extensive training process depending on your future position before you actually start working.

Interview Question – For me there wasn't anything that was too difficult although I do recall being nervous but that's always normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. After my interview they sent me a letter offering me the job and it told me what my pay would be.

Worked for Allendale Association? Contribute to the Community!