Allendale Association Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allendale Association

Youth Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Villa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allendale Association (Lake Villa, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I had a single interview where I was asked about my education and personal experiences in psychology, mental health, and working with kids, which seemed to go well despite the interviewer being somewhat overly assertive or even aggressive, until he commented that I was "too relaxed." This seemed to imply that I was naive about the job and organization (I wasn't) and that I should have been more intense and aggressive like he was.

Interview Questions

• Not so much difficult as unexpected: I was shown a video clip (the first time I've ever been asked questions related to a video example) of a group of children playing basketball where two of the children proceeded to fight over the game.The interviewer paused the video and asked what I would do in that situation. After answering, he let the video continue playing and asked me questions about how the adults (clearly those employed in positions similar to the one for which I was applying) responded to the situation.   Answer Question

User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Villa, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allendale Association (Lake Villa, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I saw the add for the position in the newspaper and I submitted a copy of my resume and cover letter. I then followed up and was offered an interview. After the interview I was sent a letter offering me a position which I then accepted. Once hired you go through an extensive training process depending on your future position before you actually start working.

Interview Questions

• For me there wasn't anything that was too difficult although I do recall being nervous but that's always normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. After my interview they sent me a letter offering me the job and it told me what my pay would be.