Allergan

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.2

Regulatory Affairs Interview

The difficult part of the phone screen was speaking to a very antagonistic HR/recruiter who was nothing close to being professional. It is unfortunate that companies don't seem to realize how poorly they are being represented by HR professionals.

Neuroscience Specialty Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allergan in September 2014.

I've been in the healthcare sales indusrptry for 15 years at various levels. The recruiting interview process moved quickly, I went straight to a face to face interview. I did well, got positive feedback and even a follow up email from the hiring manager (positive signs). It's been a month since the interview and I never heard a peep back from the hiring manager or the recruiter, both of who I followed up with. I've never in all these years interviewed and got no email or correspondence to let me know they filled the position. I don't care that I didan' t get the job so much, I've moved on to other opportunities, but it's the unprofessional follow up, or lack thereof, that is highly unusual and a red flag that they are struggling more than I tought (hostile tskrover). They just displaced a bunch of people, and maybe they filled it via internal/displaced candidate, which they should do, but let your interviewees know - even with a form automatic email!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want Allergan now? For some reason my answer wasn't working for the hiring manager so he asked me again. Not sure what the "magic" answer was supposed to be.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

Phone with recruiter( he was amazing, but through an outside party)

A few (3) face to face interviews ( all with very well educated and passionate managers and directors). My advise is to be yourself, you are either what they are looking for or not. No prepping or googling will help you if you aren't you.

Offer

Background and drug screening

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Allergan in July 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and face to face interview, next steps are interview with counterpart, then Director of Sales then a ride-a-long. The duration is a 2-3 week process but it goes by fast and they were in my experience very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you had to comprise your values to move a sale forward.   View Answer

Executive Secretary Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

The HR staff is HORRIBLE and USELESS when it comes to selection of non-salaried positions. They tend to present and recommend who they want w/o regard to actual talents of candidates and requirements of position(s).

Interview Questions
    • Immature tedious questions that are a total waste of time IF they bothered to have familiarized themselves with the resume/credentials BEFORE the candidate's interview.   View Answer

Associate Professional Interview

Phone screen and then behavioral interview with hiring manager, second line management, and Human Resources. Extended time between offer and start date. During that time period the hiring manager left the company.

Manager Interview

Happened in 3-4 weeks. Phone interview, in house interview, then job offer the next day.

Senior Manager Interview

1 or 2 phone screens before being invited to onsite interviews. 1x1 interviews with about 5 people (2 customers, hiring manager, HR manager, another Senior Manager). 50 minutes each. After interviews hiring manager or HR manager would ask me for more information (e.g., compensation history / requirements, etc.). After a few weeks, HR manager and hiring manager presented the offer over the phone. Once I accepted, I received a package in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when something changed on a project? What did you do to adapt? What was the result?   Answer Question

R & D Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allergan.

Series of 3 Interviewers, each 1:1.

Lots of behavioral questions and questions about specific bullets on the resume. Most questions asked were related to Lab Skills listed on the resume. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected.

Each interviewer asked about my future plans and how I saw myself fit into the company.

CRA Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allergan.

No surprises - phone prescreen and in-person interview with 5 individuals