Allergan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

3.2

Territory Manager Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

Phone with recruiter( he was amazing, but through an outside party)

A few (3) face to face interviews ( all with very well educated and passionate managers and directors). My advise is to be yourself, you are either what they are looking for or not. No prepping or googling will help you if you aren't you.

Offer

Background and drug screening

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Allergan in July 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and face to face interview, next steps are interview with counterpart, then Director of Sales then a ride-a-long. The duration is a 2-3 week process but it goes by fast and they were in my experience very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you had to comprise your values to move a sale forward.   View Answer

Executive Secretary Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

The HR staff is HORRIBLE and USELESS when it comes to selection of non-salaried positions. They tend to present and recommend who they want w/o regard to actual talents of candidates and requirements of position(s).

Interview Questions
    • Immature tedious questions that are a total waste of time IF they bothered to have familiarized themselves with the resume/credentials BEFORE the candidate's interview.   View Answer

Associate Professional Interview

Phone screen and then behavioral interview with hiring manager, second line management, and Human Resources. Extended time between offer and start date. During that time period the hiring manager left the company.

Manager Interview

Happened in 3-4 weeks. Phone interview, in house interview, then job offer the next day.

Senior Manager Interview

1 or 2 phone screens before being invited to onsite interviews. 1x1 interviews with about 5 people (2 customers, hiring manager, HR manager, another Senior Manager). 50 minutes each. After interviews hiring manager or HR manager would ask me for more information (e.g., compensation history / requirements, etc.). After a few weeks, HR manager and hiring manager presented the offer over the phone. Once I accepted, I received a package in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when something changed on a project? What did you do to adapt? What was the result?   Answer Question

R & D Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allergan.

Series of 3 Interviewers, each 1:1.

Lots of behavioral questions and questions about specific bullets on the resume. Most questions asked were related to Lab Skills listed on the resume. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected.

Each interviewer asked about my future plans and how I saw myself fit into the company.

CRA Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allergan.

No surprises - phone prescreen and in-person interview with 5 individuals

Cost of living in CA

Scientist Interview

Corss functional
    Scientific presentation needed

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan.

The hiring and interview process was very thorough. It took a total of 4 months overall. I had an internal referral. I was first contacted by HR for an informal screening round. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I had two on-site rounds - first with 5 people (hiring manager and other team members) and another with 2 people (VP of the department and HR again).

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you realized that you were only addressing a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate both salary as well as title.