Allergan

59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – Phone with recruiter( he was amazing, but through an outside party)

A few (3) face to face interviews ( all with very well educated and passionate managers and directors). My advise is to be yourself, you are either what they are looking for or not. No prepping or googling will help you if you aren't you.

Offer

Background and drug screening

Interview Question – Go through your resume.
Why allergan?
  Answer Question

Executive Secretary Interview

Executive Secretary

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – The HR staff is HORRIBLE and USELESS when it comes to selection of non-salaried positions. They tend to present and recommend who they want w/o regard to actual talents of candidates and requirements of position(s).

Interview Question – Immature tedious questions that are a total waste of time IF they bothered to have familiarized themselves with the resume/credentials BEFORE the candidate's interview.   View Answer

Associate Professional Interview

Associate Professional

Interviewed at Allergan

Interview Details – Phone screen and then behavioral interview with hiring manager, second line management, and Human Resources. Extended time between offer and start date. During that time period the hiring manager left the company.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Allergan

Interview Details – Happened in 3-4 weeks. Phone interview, in house interview, then job offer the next day.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Allergan

Interview Details – 1 or 2 phone screens before being invited to onsite interviews. 1x1 interviews with about 5 people (2 customers, hiring manager, HR manager, another Senior Manager). 50 minutes each. After interviews hiring manager or HR manager would ask me for more information (e.g., compensation history / requirements, etc.). After a few weeks, HR manager and hiring manager presented the offer over the phone. Once I accepted, I received a package in the mail.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when something changed on a project? What did you do to adapt? What was the result?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Neuroscience Medical Consultant Interview

Neuroscience Medical Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allergan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by DM due to employee referral. Long interview process at multiple far locations. Each interview was very long, some hours.

Interview Question – Gave me two sales aids, wouldn't answer any questions and gave me a couple of minutes to go through then I had to sell him using the visuals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation and wanted an immediate acceptance or decline.

R & D Intern Interview

R & D Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – Series of 3 Interviewers, each 1:1.

Lots of behavioral questions and questions about specific bullets on the resume. Most questions asked were related to Lab Skills listed on the resume. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected.

Each interviewer asked about my future plans and how I saw myself fit into the company.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Associate Professional Interview

Associate Professional
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allergan in June 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews: 1st from the HR recruiter, 2nd from the hiring manager. Then they call you in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, department manager, QC manager, department director, and HR manager.

Interview Question – Name something you failed at.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Allergan in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was with two managers. I felt grilled by both and intimidated by both especially the hiring manager. The questions they had were very detailed and thought provoking. Had me think of an experience or situation for each question.

Interview Question – All questions   View Answer

CRA Interview

CRA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – No surprises - phone prescreen and in-person interview with 5 individuals

Interview Question – Why leaving current employer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Cost of living in CA

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allergan

Worked for Allergan? Contribute to the Community!

Allergan Videos

Allergan – Why Work for Us?

From diverse strengths come important new therapies that make a real difference. Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allergan interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allergan employees and interview candidates.