Allergan

Updated Feb 1, 2015
Updated Feb 1, 2015

3.1

Aestetics Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview within a few days. The recruiter moved me on to a phone interview with a training manager. Next I moved on to a face to face with a Regional Manager. The next steps would have been another face to face or panel and a field ride (I believe).

The Regional Manager was actually very arrogant and she ruined this process for me, so I declined to move on, which is unfortunate because the first to interviews were great. The RM shared that they had employee morale issues (probably due to her abrasive leadership). She also hinted at organizational issues when she asked me what I knew about the company. The company did have some issues with its top shareholder in 2014 and talk of a hostile takeover, but I don't think the interview was the best place to discuss that.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult question. All of the interviews asked the same questions about examples of my best sales story, most challenging customer/sale, how I manage my territory. Also, most of the questions were specifics about my resume/ a chronological review of my experience.   Answer Question

International Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allergan.

I had to work hard on this one - I sent a ton of emails to family friends who I knew worked there. Got only a couple unsuccessful responses. But I got my resume floating around, and someone at HR picked it up and referred me to the VP of international sales. I had a quick phone call with him where he asked me about my past experience and why I wanted to work with them. Very casual and unlike a formal interview. I then met up and grabbed coffee with him where we discussed what the work was, and he gave me the offer

He gave me the offer, and I accepted

Intern Interview

Easy interview. They asked mainly about my resume and experience in the biomedical field. I talked about classes that I had taken and recent lab work. I also talked about projects I had done relating to engineering.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

The difficult part of the phone screen was speaking to a very antagonistic HR/recruiter who was nothing close to being professional. It is unfortunate that companies don't seem to realize how poorly they are being represented by HR professionals.

Neuroscience Specialty Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allergan in September 2014.

I've been in the healthcare sales indusrptry for 15 years at various levels. The recruiting interview process moved quickly, I went straight to a face to face interview. I did well, got positive feedback and even a follow up email from the hiring manager (positive signs). It's been a month since the interview and I never heard a peep back from the hiring manager or the recruiter, both of who I followed up with. I've never in all these years interviewed and got no email or correspondence to let me know they filled the position. I don't care that I didan' t get the job so much, I've moved on to other opportunities, but it's the unprofessional follow up, or lack thereof, that is highly unusual and a red flag that they are struggling more than I tought (hostile tskrover). They just displaced a bunch of people, and maybe they filled it via internal/displaced candidate, which they should do, but let your interviewees know - even with a form automatic email!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want Allergan now? For some reason my answer wasn't working for the hiring manager so he asked me again. Not sure what the "magic" answer was supposed to be.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

Phone with recruiter( he was amazing, but through an outside party)

A few (3) face to face interviews ( all with very well educated and passionate managers and directors). My advise is to be yourself, you are either what they are looking for or not. No prepping or googling will help you if you aren't you.

Offer

Background and drug screening

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Allergan in July 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and face to face interview, next steps are interview with counterpart, then Director of Sales then a ride-a-long. The duration is a 2-3 week process but it goes by fast and they were in my experience very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you had to comprise your values to move a sale forward.   View Answer

Executive Secretary Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

The HR staff is HORRIBLE and USELESS when it comes to selection of non-salaried positions. They tend to present and recommend who they want w/o regard to actual talents of candidates and requirements of position(s).

Interview Questions
    • Immature tedious questions that are a total waste of time IF they bothered to have familiarized themselves with the resume/credentials BEFORE the candidate's interview.   View Answer

Associate Professional Interview

Phone screen and then behavioral interview with hiring manager, second line management, and Human Resources. Extended time between offer and start date. During that time period the hiring manager left the company.

Manager Interview

Happened in 3-4 weeks. Phone interview, in house interview, then job offer the next day.