Allergan

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very thorough. It took a total of 4 months overall. I had an internal referral. I was first contacted by HR for an informal screening round. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I had two on-site rounds - first with 5 people (hiring manager and other team members) and another with 2 people (VP of the department and HR again).

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where you realized that you were only addressing a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate both salary as well as title.

Senior Territory Manager Interview

Senior Territory Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allergan in February 2010.

Interview Details – Total interview process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What makes you lucky?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – Presented thru a recruiter. Phone screen, then 2 rounds of interviews at headquarters. Process and decision-making was smooth and quick.

Interview Question – None - fairly typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, able to negotiate using logic (ie sign on bonus, relocation, salary)

Very Difficult Interview

CRA Interview

CRA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Allergan in October 2013.

Interview Details – This has got to be the most difficult interview and i guess it was a problem with communication. Maybe it was me, but I could not understand what she was saying and she could not understand me too. She appeared nice on the phone but I could sense a level of aggravation in her voice.

Interview Question – What are your strengths? Your weaknesses? how did you handle a difficult coordinator who wouldn't change even after a 1:1, what tracking system do you use for ICFs, 1572, etc? where do you store ICF?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allergan in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR recruiter and told about the position and was asked to explain my experience that was related to the job. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager set up at the end of the call. Phone interview with the hiring manager consisted of job description and then had me walk through my experience on my resume and asked me to go into a little more detail on a few of my research projects. A few days later I was contacted for an on site interview. On site interview was all day 8-5 and consisted of six 1 hour 1:1 interviews, lunch with 4 other potential colleagues and I gave an hour seminar on my research. A few days later I got a call from recruiter to ask me how the interview went and a few days after that I got a call from HR and was told that an offer will be fedexed to my house.

Interview Question – All the 1:1 interviews were asked and expected to be answered in the STAR format. (describe the situation or task, describe the action you took, and describe the result). They were all situational. Like "tell me about a time you were give a project that you didn't have the expertise to complete".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I felt the offer was very fair so I did not negotiate

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Allergan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Manager conducting interview was a "ball buster"! Challenging, cold, and beyond "to the point". No questions beyond career history. She seemed to have made a decision before the interview had even begun!

Interview Question – Questioning on each career move "Why did you move". Not in a warm, friendly manner.   Answer Question

Product Support Representative Interview

Product Support Representative
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Allergan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Quick Background: College graduate (2012), working part time for ~1 year.

Applied in May, received a phone call/interview in July, interviewed on-site in August. I heavily prepare with areas of focus sent by Hiring Manager, questions posted online, and job requirements.

Interviewers were very polite and professional. 1hr panel interview and 1hr 1:1 with HR. Questions were predetermined in packet and were complex in nature. All answers required a situation, action taken and result.

My only grievance was with the length in time the process took. I also had to follow up twice to find out if I had received the job, to which I was sent a stock "pursued other candidates" reply.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult. However, you NEED to extensively prepare and have a varied amount of answers (situation/action/result) for both positive and negative experiences.   Answer Question

Chemist, Temp Interview

Chemist, Temp

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral questions.
Met with hiring manager and then one other research associate

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were working within a group and conflicts arose, how did you solve them and bring the group back together?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Allergan.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. I described STAR experiences and how those translate to benefit Allergan. Experience matters greatly, If you apply, be sure you have some.

Interview Question – "How would I hire my own sales force." I was not interviewing for a management position.   Answer Question