Allergan Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.2

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online, 1 month later had phone interview with recruiter and then hiring manager. One month later had on-site, which was 6 30-minute interviews, all one-on-one. Each person was assigned one portion of a long behavioral interview. All questions during the entire day were behavioral (ie, tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision). Also gave an hour presentation about previous scientific work. Lunch with 2-3 future co-workers at about the same level.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult decision you've made in your career; How do you motivate people; What is something you like about your current job; Tell me about a time you thought outside the box   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough. It took a total of 4 months overall. I had an internal referral. I was first contacted by HR for an informal screening round. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I had two on-site rounds - first with 5 people (hiring manager and other team members) and another with 2 people (VP of the department and HR again).

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you realized that you were only addressing a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate both salary as well as title.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Presented thru a recruiter. Phone screen, then 2 rounds of interviews at headquarters. Process and decision-making was smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate using logic (ie sign on bonus, relocation, salary)

Professional, Archivist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and structured. Overall, very pleasant experience; interviews were on time and questions asked by each interviewer were fair and easy. I was confident with the position to which I was interviewing based on my skills & experience that I knew I had the job the moment I left.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue you've encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with Hr, then phone interview with hiring manager. After that, on-site interview with hiring manager, HR and 5 other folks that I would be working with on teams.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, regarding why you want to leave current employer, provide experience related to job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate. Asked for more based on the scope of the work entailed based on interviews. It worked.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR recruiter and told about the position and was asked to explain my experience that was related to the job. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager set up at the end of the call. Phone interview with the hiring manager consisted of job description and then had me walk through my experience on my resume and asked me to go into a little more detail on a few of my research projects. A few days later I was contacted for an on site interview. On site interview was all day 8-5 and consisted of six 1 hour 1:1 interviews, lunch with 4 other potential colleagues and I gave an hour seminar on my research. A few days later I got a call from recruiter to ask me how the interview went and a few days after that I got a call from HR and was told that an offer will be fedexed to my house.

Interview Questions

• All the 1:1 interviews were asked and expected to be answered in the STAR format. (describe the situation or task, describe the action you took, and describe the result). They were all situational. Like "tell me about a time you were give a project that you didn't have the expertise to complete".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt the offer was very fair so I did not negotiate

Sales Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Focus was on previous skills and how they related to the position that I was applying for. Thank God I read the reviews and interviews on glassdoor, so I was aware to be prepared. I made a comparison list and how the job description matched my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• This company pays well and will only hire the best. I had to prove my excel skills and answer a lot of technical data analysis questions. It is wise or advisable to refresh yourself on some common terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was hired through Adecco, so I was aware of my expectations .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Smooth interview process and HR personnel are very proactive and keep you in the loop.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Panel interviews. Prepare to take at least half day. They also ask you to do oral presentation.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allergan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, skills questions. Comput related

1:1 interview. "attitude interview"

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to spend all day filing and faxing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None