Allergan

3.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan.

The hiring and interview process was very thorough. It took a total of 4 months overall. I had an internal referral. I was first contacted by HR for an informal screening round. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I had two on-site rounds - first with 5 people (hiring manager and other team members) and another with 2 people (VP of the department and HR again).

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you realized that you were only addressing a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate both salary as well as title.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allergan.

Presented thru a recruiter. Phone screen, then 2 rounds of interviews at headquarters. Process and decision-making was smooth and quick.

Interview Questions
    Yes, able to negotiate using logic (ie sign on bonus, relocation, salary)

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allergan in March 2013.

I was contacted by a HR recruiter and told about the position and was asked to explain my experience that was related to the job. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager set up at the end of the call. Phone interview with the hiring manager consisted of job description and then had me walk through my experience on my resume and asked me to go into a little more detail on a few of my research projects. A few days later I was contacted for an on site interview. On site interview was all day 8-5 and consisted of six 1 hour 1:1 interviews, lunch with 4 other potential colleagues and I gave an hour seminar on my research. A few days later I got a call from recruiter to ask me how the interview went and a few days after that I got a call from HR and was told that an offer will be fedexed to my house.

Interview Questions
    • All the 1:1 interviews were asked and expected to be answered in the STAR format. (describe the situation or task, describe the action you took, and describe the result). They were all situational. Like "tell me about a time you were give a project that you didn't have the expertise to complete".   View Answer
    I felt the offer was very fair so I did not negotiate

Sales Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allergan.

Focus was on previous skills and how they related to the position that I was applying for. Thank God I read the reviews and interviews on glassdoor, so I was aware to be prepared. I made a comparison list and how the job description matched my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • This company pays well and will only hire the best. I had to prove my excel skills and answer a lot of technical data analysis questions. It is wise or advisable to refresh yourself on some common terms.   Answer Question
    I was hired through Adecco, so I was aware of my expectations .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allergan in December 2012.

Smooth interview process and HR personnel are very proactive and keep you in the loop.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allergan.

Panel interviews. Prepare to take at least half day. They also ask you to do oral presentation.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allergan.

Phone interview, skills questions. Comput related

1:1 interview. "attitude interview"

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to spend all day filing and faxing?   View Answer
    None

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Allergan in August 2012.

Limited communications regarding process and interviewers. Seemed like it was dragging out quite a bit. Recruiter was replaced mid-process which caused more delays. Did not have the impression htere was general urgency in filling position priior to or during interview. Had impression there was something going on behind the scenes- but no transparency.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill questions. Difficult to gather information on what the job title and description would be.   Answer Question

too vague

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allergan in June 2012.

Very organized and prompt invitation to interview. Questions were situational with no surprises. Hired through a temp agency, but with good prospects of being converted to full time employee as many others have before me. No hassles and simple interview with 5 managers and directors.

Associate Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allergan in June 2012.

2 phone interviews: 1st from the HR recruiter, 2nd from the hiring manager. Then they call you in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, department manager, QC manager, department director, and HR manager.