Allergan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Support Representative Interview

Product Support Representative
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Allergan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Quick Background: College graduate (2012), working part time for ~1 year.

Applied in May, received a phone call/interview in July, interviewed on-site in August. I heavily prepare with areas of focus sent by Hiring Manager, questions posted online, and job requirements.

Interviewers were very polite and professional. 1hr panel interview and 1hr 1:1 with HR. Questions were predetermined in packet and were complex in nature. All answers required a situation, action taken and result.

My only grievance was with the length in time the process took. I also had to follow up twice to find out if I had received the job, to which I was sent a stock "pursued other candidates" reply.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult. However, you NEED to extensively prepare and have a varied amount of answers (situation/action/result) for both positive and negative experiences.   Answer Question

SAS Programmer Interview

SAS Programmer
Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allergan in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first round is phone interview, with several programmers of the department; after three weeks the manager called me for an onsite interview, talked about some of the projects in university; the second day I met the director of the department and talk about SAS.

Interview Question – Talked a SAS project in school   Answer Question

Engineer Technician Interview

Engineer Technician
Santa Barbara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Allergan in May 2012.

Interview Details – First, contacted by HR asking about my background and explained the job natural. I was told to be called next week with QC engineer and supervisor for interview. The interview took about 30 minutes. It started with brief introduction about products they worked on. Then, they took turn asking me questions about my experience.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience working with microscope in lab setting?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allergan in April 2010.

Interview Details – Technical Skill questions
Managerial Skill questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – negotiated salary
tough to negotiate

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Allergan in March 2010.

Interview Details – ok to fair. The place is nice, the people complain constantly about paperwork and reports. I believe this is typical in their field, but it still is tough to hear that constantly. Overall the people seemed good, a stable growing company is definitely a rare find these days.

Interview Question – How much does it cost to live in santa barbara and are you prepared to live here. Why do you want to live here?   Answer Question

Worked for Allergan? Contribute to the Community!