Alliance Boots Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Alliance Boots in November 2012.

Talent Plus Drug test one on one conversation...easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Alliance Boots

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in August 2011.

The interview process was short and sweet and within two weeks I received notification that I got the job. There was a phone interview with the district manager. Then the area coordinator did the face to face interviews... and finally the offer was presented by the district manager. After the interview, they would ask you to submit a drug test and background check. Once those things are completed and you pass them, they start you on the job. I was lucky enough to start when they were doing a regional/district training session so I got to meet a lot of the other beauty advisors. However... if you are not so lucky they will send you a beauty advisor to train with, or the area coordinator will train you. There is a lot of turnover in this position as well as the area coordinator position. they do seek for long term employees but it is best to honestly think of this position as a stepping stone to something else.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight forward and to the point. The area coordinator reads off of an interview paper. I mean there were questions like do you wear make up... seeing as this is a make up based position... the obvious answer would be yes.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation... at the time I needed the job to get to the next level. But I did negotiate hours and stores that I would service.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alliance Boots in October 2011.

The company is all about skincare and you need to know what the latest makeup trends are also know what are basics of skin care since you stand and advise others on their skin care products. Be sure that you know how to sell because your hours and days of working are based on how much you can sell.
    Pretty much they want people who can make their weekly goals.
    If you can stand long hours and make new selling ideas then you are much more considered unless they dont have anyone to work at the locations they will offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their first given offer which seemed low in terms of being a makeup artist since I had been searching for work from past 6 months.

Worked for Alliance Boots? Contribute to the Community!