Alliance Boots

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor

I applied through other source - interviewed at Alliance Boots in November 2012.

Interview Details – Talent Plus Drug test one on one conversation...easy.

Interview Question – there was no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Bowie, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was short and sweet and within two weeks I received notification that I got the job. There was a phone interview with the district manager. Then the area coordinator did the face to face interviews... and finally the offer was presented by the district manager. After the interview, they would ask you to submit a drug test and background check. Once those things are completed and you pass them, they start you on the job. I was lucky enough to start when they were doing a regional/district training session so I got to meet a lot of the other beauty advisors. However... if you are not so lucky they will send you a beauty advisor to train with, or the area coordinator will train you. There is a lot of turnover in this position as well as the area coordinator position. they do seek for long term employees but it is best to honestly think of this position as a stepping stone to something else.

Interview Question – The questions were straight forward and to the point. The area coordinator reads off of an interview paper. I mean there were questions like do you wear make up... seeing as this is a make up based position... the obvious answer would be yes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation... at the time I needed the job to get to the next level. But I did negotiate hours and stores that I would service.

Anonymous (Head Office) Interview

Anonymous (Head Office)
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2012.

Interview Details – cv + cover letter + competency questions, psycho metric testing ( numerical + situational judgement test), 1st round hr telephone interview, ac, offer
1st round not techincal
ac slightly more technical put is generally a case of fit, as the organisation is willing to train its candidates

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Interview

Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2010.

Interview Details – filled in a form handed in to HR, had a interview with the manger then another manager, then given training and got the job

Interview Question – nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nooo

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2012.

Interview Details – Gone through online questionnaire, called up for interview, second interview, induction training.

Interview Question – How my experience can be utilised on the floor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Working hours

Very Easy Interview

Guildford, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alliance Boots in September 2009.

Interview Details – Application form and interview. During the interview, I was asked to source two items which would be suitable for an aunt to buy for her 11-year-old nephew. Easy-going interviewer and was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Question – "How would you help an elderly man in the store?"   Answer Question

Dispenser Interview

Dispenser
Fareham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online on boots jobs.com, was called for interview via email. Had one to one interview with pharmacy manager which lasted 20 minutes. Easy questions, salary was not discussed as it was non-negotiable.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through Boots website. Was able to enter parameters to chose job type, distance from home and hours available to work. I then received email notification when suitable job arose. When I was offered interview I was given various time slots to chose from. Was asked to be smartly dressed as there was a possibility that I would be on the sales floor at some point. During the interview I was asked questions based on various scenarios that could happen in store. Interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. Interview lasted about 20 - 30 minutes I think.

Interview Question – How would I sell a product (I was advised to chose something from the Store I would be happy to recommend prior to interview)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Initial online screening questions rating yourself 1-5.
2. One to one interview and shop floor evaluation

Consisted of going onto the shop floor and being asked questions such as
"What would you do to help that assistant"
"Approach a customer and ask if they need any assistance"
"How would you help that customer"
"Find three 3for2 promotions"
 "Find the cheapest toothpaste"
"Take 10 mins to walk around the store and find a suggestion for a valentine female product"

Interview Question – Having to find gifts for different customer scenarios ie girls birthday, valentines day present, etc all within a budget.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. this is your rate of pay, your hours etc.

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Alliance Boots.

Interview Details – Online application and questionnairre ?

Interview Question – How would you deal with shoplifters   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alliance Boots

Worked for Alliance Boots? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliance Boots interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alliance Boots employees and interview candidates.