Alliance Boots

Alliance Boots Interview Questions in United Kingdom

2.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alliance Boots.

Online application and questionnairre ?

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in December 2012.

Applied for the position through Boots website. Was able to enter parameters to chose job type, distance from home and hours available to work. I then received email notification when suitable job arose. When I was offered interview I was given various time slots to chose from. Was asked to be smartly dressed as there was a possibility that I would be on the sales floor at some point. During the interview I was asked questions based on various scenarios that could happen in store. Interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. Interview lasted about 20 - 30 minutes I think.

Interview Questions
    • How would I sell a product (I was advised to chose something from the Store I would be happy to recommend prior to interview)   View Answer
    Not negotiable

Customer Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots.

filled in out an application question with an online assessment, got an email days later to arrange for a face to face interview. overall process was ok. the questions were a bit basic

Anonymous (Head Office) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2012.

cv + cover letter + competency questions, psycho metric testing ( numerical + situational judgement test), 1st round hr telephone interview, ac, offer
    1st round not techincal
    ac slightly more technical put is generally a case of fit, as the organisation is willing to train its candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2012.

Gone through online questionnaire, called up for interview, second interview, induction training.

Interview Questions
    • How my experience can be utilised on the floor   View Answer
    Working hours

Dispenser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fareham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fareham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in May 2011.

Applied online on boots jobs.com, was called for interview via email. Had one to one interview with pharmacy manager which lasted 20 minutes. Easy questions, salary was not discussed as it was non-negotiable.

No negotiation

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2010.

filled in a form handed in to HR, had a interview with the manger then another manager, then given training and got the job

nooo

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alliance Boots in November 2009.

Online application. Interviews are pretty much the same at every store across the UK.
    Your interview is basically not a normal sit down question and answer type. You will be on the shop floor with your interviewer, where you will be given a number of tasks to do.

First of all, I had to stand at the main entrance giving handing out baskets, did that for about 2 minutes. Next thing I had to hand out advantage card leaflets, I did this by asking the people if they had an advantage card if not would they be interested. I then had to find the cheapest paracetamol (Go to the shop before hand and find out where it is so you can get it real quick) Last thing I was shown an aisle and asked how and if I could improve, I said I'd fill up the empty spaces and make the prices more clear.

After all that I was taken back up to the office and asked a few questions, Why do I want to work for Boots? What can I bring to Boots? and then when can I start.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alliance Boots in September 2009.

Application form and interview. During the interview, I was asked to source two items which would be suitable for an aunt to buy for her 11-year-old nephew. Easy-going interviewer and was offered the job on the spot!

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2009.

1. Initial online screening questions rating yourself 1-5.
    2. One to one interview and shop floor evaluation

Consisted of going onto the shop floor and being asked questions such as
    "What would you do to help that assistant"
    "Approach a customer and ask if they need any assistance"
    "How would you help that customer"
    "Find three 3for2 promotions"
     "Find the cheapest toothpaste"
    "Take 10 mins to walk around the store and find a suggestion for a valentine female product"

Interview Questions
    • Having to find gifts for different customer scenarios ie girls birthday, valentines day present, etc all within a budget.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it. this is your rate of pay, your hours etc.