Alliance Boots

Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous (Head Office) Interview

Anonymous (Head Office)
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2012.

Interview Details – cv + cover letter + competency questions, psycho metric testing ( numerical + situational judgement test), 1st round hr telephone interview, ac, offer
1st round not techincal
ac slightly more technical put is generally a case of fit, as the organisation is willing to train its candidates

Assistant Interview

Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2010.

Interview Details – filled in a form handed in to HR, had a interview with the manger then another manager, then given training and got the job

Interview Question – nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nooo

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in April 2012.

Interview Details – Gone through online questionnaire, called up for interview, second interview, induction training.

Interview Question – How my experience can be utilised on the floor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Working hours

Very Easy Interview

Guildford, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alliance Boots in September 2009.

Interview Details – Application form and interview. During the interview, I was asked to source two items which would be suitable for an aunt to buy for her 11-year-old nephew. Easy-going interviewer and was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Question – "How would you help an elderly man in the store?"   Answer Question

Dispenser Interview

Dispenser
Fareham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online on boots jobs.com, was called for interview via email. Had one to one interview with pharmacy manager which lasted 20 minutes. Easy questions, salary was not discussed as it was non-negotiable.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through Boots website. Was able to enter parameters to chose job type, distance from home and hours available to work. I then received email notification when suitable job arose. When I was offered interview I was given various time slots to chose from. Was asked to be smartly dressed as there was a possibility that I would be on the sales floor at some point. During the interview I was asked questions based on various scenarios that could happen in store. Interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. Interview lasted about 20 - 30 minutes I think.

Interview Question – How would I sell a product (I was advised to chose something from the Store I would be happy to recommend prior to interview)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Initial online screening questions rating yourself 1-5.
2. One to one interview and shop floor evaluation

Consisted of going onto the shop floor and being asked questions such as
"What would you do to help that assistant"
"Approach a customer and ask if they need any assistance"
"How would you help that customer"
"Find three 3for2 promotions"
 "Find the cheapest toothpaste"
"Take 10 mins to walk around the store and find a suggestion for a valentine female product"

Interview Question – Having to find gifts for different customer scenarios ie girls birthday, valentines day present, etc all within a budget.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. this is your rate of pay, your hours etc.

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Alliance Boots.

Interview Details – Online application and questionnairre ?

Interview Question – How would you deal with shoplifters   Answer Question

Customer Care Advisor Interview

Customer Care Advisor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliance Boots.

Interview Details – filled in out an application question with an online assessment, got an email days later to arrange for a face to face interview. overall process was ok. the questions were a bit basic

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
London, England (UK)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Alliance Boots in November 2009.

Interview Details – Online application. Interviews are pretty much the same at every store across the UK.
Your interview is basically not a normal sit down question and answer type. You will be on the shop floor with your interviewer, where you will be given a number of tasks to do.

First of all, I had to stand at the main entrance giving handing out baskets, did that for about 2 minutes. Next thing I had to hand out advantage card leaflets, I did this by asking the people if they had an advantage card if not would they be interested. I then had to find the cheapest paracetamol (Go to the shop before hand and find out where it is so you can get it real quick) Last thing I was shown an aisle and asked how and if I could improve, I said I'd fill up the empty spaces and make the prices more clear.

After all that I was taken back up to the office and asked a few questions, Why do I want to work for Boots? What can I bring to Boots? and then when can I start.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alliance Boots

Worked for Alliance Boots? Contribute to the Community!