Alliance Data

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analytic Consultant Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn. HR phone screen, then 4 hours of Skype interviews. Brought onsite for a few more 1:1 interviews with the same people and a presentation of previous work in front of a small group. Everyone was really nice and personable although the office interior was very gray and a little depressing. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult, but this was the first time I'd been asked to present a PowerPoint of a previous project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer was lower than we discussed so there was some back and forth. They only went up a few thousand on base salary but upped bonus percentage and relocation substantially.

Offer was later pulled after the credit check. They could not look past a 6 year old credit card charge off (I assume because it was with one of their clients).

Collector Interview

Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alliance Data in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, backgroud and credit check. One interview in person. Drug test.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Alliance Data?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It will be over the phone. They will not negotiate.

Debt Manager Interview

Westminster, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alliance Data in September 2012.

Interview Details – It's actually a very easy,laid back interview because they people who work there are great people very family like

Interview Question – Nothing was asked that I can remember because difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Retention Interview

Westminster, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alliance Data in October 2010.

Interview Details – walk in same day interview called back 6 weeks

Production Control Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Alliance Data in October 2013.

Interview Details – Great first phone interview, but promised followup phone interview (conference call) didn't take place.

Interview Question – Called recruiter (Columbus, Ohio) several times to confirm next step but only got voicemail and none were returned.   View Answer

IT Contractor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview Details – They like to take you to Starbucks, where it is loud and distracting. My interview was for an IT contractor job, under the Field Sales dept. My manager did no even look at my resume or ask me questions about my recent jobs, duties, or basic "interview" questions. He did ALL the talking, and just explained things that, unless you worked there, you wouldn't have any idea or knowledge of what was going on.

Interview Question – "So you think you can do it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He asked what I thought was a "good per hour dollar amount" through a text message

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Senior Compliance Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Alliance Data in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then a in person interview

Interview Question – Work experience and behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Creative Manager Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alliance Data in March 2013.

Interview Details – Least formal I have ever been part of. Phone interview followed with an interview on site with the team. Offer came after two weeks of the interview.

Reason for Declining – Did not offer to match counter offer.

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alliance Data in June 2009.

Interview Details – When I was interviewed years ago asked about my background and experience-no difficult questions I could not answer.

Interview Question – none when I was interviewed   Answer Question

Position In Client Services Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview Details – Everyone knew exactly what they wanted to tell me and what they wanted to ask me. The whole process was extremely efficient and very positive. I felt comfortable with them. This company has it together. They read my resume, understood what I was and how my current skills fit into the job I applied for. They listened and remembered what I had to say. They all really enjoy their jobs and support the company.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard and all related to the job I applied for. They are very thorough so bring your A-game. This is a large company. There is a lot to learn. Do you homework before you go in. It really helps out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do their homework so the negotiation phase is very clear cut and easy. They were very forthcoming about salary right from the start so I knew what to expect. They utilized the technology they had to make sure I had everything I needed. I am very excited about my new position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alliance Data? Contribute to the Community!

Alliance Data Videos

Alliance Data – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Experience Something Bigger Alliance Data is an organization built on strong ideas from smart, experienced people. We foster collaboration and celebrate success. We value our associates and empower them to be… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliance Data interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alliance Data employees and interview candidates.