Alliance Data Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interview was seamless and easy.What you would expect from a regular interview. It was 2 phases, phone interview then a Skype interview which was a lot of fun. I interviewed with multiple people and everyone was so nice. I was well aware of the questions they were asking which made the process a little easier.

IT Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Applied through campus site. Had two interviews one on campus and one on site. They were both behavioral interviews the on-site one was only 5 minutes long so I'm not sure how they decided.

Got an offer a week later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting.
    I was contacted a week after and received a phone interview. In the interview, the internship program was explained and I was asked typical behavioral questions. The position would be within the finance department with the accounting team. The interviewer explained that most of the work I would be doing would cyclical and not necessarily project based.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Alliance Data (Milford, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The most recent interview was the lady who called me several times told me she could not interview me as her and I worked the same hours and my half hour lunch was not enough time to do and interview then sent me a email stating I did not qualify for the job..

Interview Questions

• None, she would take more than a half an hour to interview me   Answer Question

Customer Retention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. emphases is on attendance and being on time.
    2nd interview is face to face with division leader and tour of the facility. You will get introduced to other leaders and go over job description. looking for sales people that can deal with high call volume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data (Rio Rancho, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about 3 weeks later got a email asking to call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was general questions, name a time when you had to overcome something difficult, when you had to multitask, etc. I believe that at the end of the interview, you schedule an in person interview, a week later I interviewed in person with two people. The first guy stated they dont write anything down about your interview, so dont worry. Just had a normal chat about my resume, then he showed me around. After that another person took over and just asked questions, no STAR format questions just things like how do you handle an angry call, the 4 week training can be long and boring, how would you handle that, etc. I really enjoyed the in-person interview, there was no pressure and the interviews were great people, you could tell. It basically felt like a normal conversation. I think they just want to see what kind of person you are and get a feel if you belong there. About 9 days later I got a call with an offer. Start date about 3-4 weeks after offer.

Interview Questions

• Dont remember much, but if you can get through the phone interview, the in-person interview is a breeze.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Alliance Data (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview style. Me and the director of selection. Nothing too formal, just conversational. The director had worked the same job before as I have so we broke the ice discussing that. Near the end of the interview, she told me I did a great job and offered me her business card and said I would hear from her in 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I received an email saying I didn't make it to the second round. Very competitive

InfoSec ICE Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Applied online. Phone Interview a week later. In person interview a week later. Pretty casual interview and nice employees. Interviewed with HR first, then 4 managers after. Took about 90 minutes for the entire interview. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly asking about my experience. If anything, know about the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

I filled out my app online. I used a resume. A day later had a phone interview then 3 days later a interview with one of the supervisors on site. 2 days afterwards I received info for my background check and employment verification, took that 3 days because the company had issues with one of my references which i had to personally call my previous employer to follow up on. Same day it cleared received a job offer and had to wait 20 days to start.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Alliance data is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Mainly because i did not know any better.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

I applied and got a response the same day. I had a phone interview the next day and a week later passed on to the hiring manager. Easy process. I was called and offered another position in which I accepted. They will run a credit check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation I loved the pay offer