Alliance Data

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.5

Customer Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Spoke to a supervisor in a very small office. Did not speak to Human Resources Department. Was giving a tour of the building. Nothing outstanding about the interview process at Alliance Data.

Customer Care Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Most people who are hired here know someone. This is true for me. I sent the person I know an email. I then applied online, received a phone call about a month later. Training was for an entire month. The interview was standard, very standard questions, done by the actual supervisor in their cubical or a common area.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked "If you could be any person, fictional or real, who would it be and why". They want to see how you think.   Answer Question
    We didn't really negotiate, I just took what I was given. Corporate and business needs dictate what they can offer.

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Applied via LinkedIn. HR phone screen, then 4 hours of Skype interviews. Brought onsite for a few more 1:1 interviews with the same people and a presentation of previous work in front of a small group. Everyone was really nice and personable although the office interior was very gray and a little depressing. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't difficult, but this was the first time I'd been asked to present a PowerPoint of a previous project   View Answer
    Their initial offer was lower than we discussed so there was some back and forth. They only went up a few thousand on base salary but upped bonus percentage and relocation substantially.

Offer was later pulled after the credit check. They could not look past a 6 year old credit card charge off (I assume because it was with one of their clients).

Business/Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data in March 2014.

Very conversational and basic 45 minute phone interview where they asked my qualifications and provided more details about the position. Nothing surprising during the phone conversation but instead making sure that I was serious about the opportunity. Then an in-person interview with group of managers that I would interact with on a daily basis. These questions were geared toward understanding my current daily duties and gaining a better grasp of my resume achievements. Verbal offer came within 5 days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How satisfied would you be if this position were solely running the same reports daily?   Answer Question

Current employer met this offer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data in March 2014.

I was contacted by a Hiring Manager who asked if I was looking to move to a new company. She set up a phone interview with one of the Audit Managers and then I did an on-site interview with the rest of the group and had lunch afterwords. Overall a good experience, but it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • List 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses   View Answer

It wasn't what I was looking for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview was conducted in an open house setting. I was asked a few questions after passing a typing test.

Interview Questions
    I was offered base salary.

IT Contractor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Alliance Data.

They like to take you to Starbucks, where it is loud and distracting. My interview was for an IT contractor job, under the Field Sales dept. My manager did no even look at my resume or ask me questions about my recent jobs, duties, or basic "interview" questions. He did ALL the talking, and just explained things that, unless you worked there, you wouldn't have any idea or knowledge of what was going on.

Interview Questions
    He asked what I thought was a "good per hour dollar amount" through a text message

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Alliance Data in December 2013.

Phone interview and then a in person interview

Production Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Alliance Data in October 2013.

Great first phone interview, but promised followup phone interview (conference call) didn't take place.

Interview Questions
    • Called recruiter (Columbus, Ohio) several times to confirm next step but only got voicemail and none were returned.   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alliance Data in October 2013.

I was called for an interview 1 month after applying. The interview was 3 hours with the HR recruiter, the team with the opening, the hiring manager and another manager with an opening. All separate interviews. Many questions were repetitive and I was told repeatedly I had all the right skills they were looking for. Never heard from them again and my calls and inquiries were never answered.