Alliance & Leicester

Alliance & Leicester Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alliance & Leicester

Personal Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Alliance & Leicester in August 2011.

Went on the company website, uploaded a CV and after many months i received an email asking that I do to tests online namely IQ test with numbers & a personality test by SHL. Then had telephone interview based on sales acumen general likability, so I suggest you just be as open & interactive as possible.

The 1 to 1 interview is normally in 1 go but its a panel of two senor managers. (if you're asked to have a two part interview that's good it means you've been shortlisted as one of the best candidates & they need to decide whether to hire just one or stretch the budget by getting more than one).

P.S. If you need the money fair enough, but if successful be prepared to work disproportionately hard. (at least compared to the other banks I've worked for. So I advise you to only apply for the smaller branches)

Interview Questions
    • Show them examples of team work & familiarity with work in a referral based work environment. Smile & wave.   View Answer
    • Examples of questions include an example of times you've worked as a team to solve a problem & dealt with adversity in the workplace.   View Answer
    Generally speaking once an offers on the table you may name your terms.

Mortgage Advisor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Alliance & Leicester in January 2011.

Looked over my resume. Asked about previous work experience and went over my cv with each job I had. Then went through situational questions and asked questions like "describe a time when". Very easy going interview.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Alliance & Leicester in May 2011.

The Interviewer was clearly scripted whichmade the flow of the interview very unprofessional, he couldn't type fast at all so kept asking me to stop and repeat myself, did not get the job offer however to be honest I was very glad, had several telephone interviews and that was by far the worst ever!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went the extra mile to help a cusomer?   Answer Question

Worked for Alliance & Leicester? Contribute to the Community!