AllianceBernstein

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus. The interviewer was very professional. Questions are standard. Walk me your résumé, what's fixed income.

Interview Question – What does the Fed do?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – I interviewed with someone from a recruiting firm on behalf of the company, they didn't call me back for a second interview and although I was promised an answer within one week it took them 2 months to send me an email telling me that I won't get a second interview. Also the interviewer had no idea about the company, she told me to ask any questions that I have then repeatedly said she doesn't know much.

Interview Question – typical first round questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with HR/Recruiter: asked about career interests, salary expectations. Mostly fit questions;

2. Phone interview with Senior Associate: mostly fit questions. Asked about resume and past work experience (i.e. "tell me about yourself") and career interests;

3. On-site: 4 interviews with different members of the team. Most senior personelle asked fit questions and general questions about fixed income markets, proceeded to technical questions about interest rate risk, duration, statistics and brainteasers.

Interview Question – What date (in MMDD:YYYY form) is closest to Jan 1, 2000 and is also a palindrome?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AllianceBernstein

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AllianceBernstein Fixed Income Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by AllianceBernstein employees and interview candidates.