AllianceBernstein

97 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview is long (about 3 hours). I had three different people interview me. You have to be prepared to answer basic finance questions and show your personality is willing to work long hours and do whatever the Financial Advisor asks.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at AllianceBernstein?   Answer Question

Client Group Associate Interview

Client Group Associate

Interviewed at AllianceBernstein

Interview Details – There are two rounds to this interview. First round is on campus and asks very basic technical questions but ask the typical do you work in the team type questions. Second round and the final round takes place at the AB office where you interview with three managers (which follow the format of the first round interview). The other half of your superday is a case-study. You work in groups of 4/5 to solve a problem together!

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly out of the blue. This company tries to get to know you.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Wealth Management Associate

I applied online and interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – 2 hour interview with VP, Director and another Director. First 2 interviews were just describing my resume, so know yours well. Last interview was with an ex Actuary.

Interview Question – How many fish in the Atlantic ocean?
Probability of a stock being $85 dollars in 10 days if it is currently $100, 50% chance of increasing or decreasing $5
  Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Private Client Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – I was reffered to AB through a friend who has been working for the organization for 5+ years. He put me in touch with a local office. It turns out an office will not hire a new PCA unless there is need so i asked that my interview remain on file for when there is an opening (There was a potential offer but no space). About a week afterwards the local branch called me to ask if I would consider a position at another branch.

The interview process started over; there were 2 rounds via tele-conference and phone with the managing directors. The process took about a month due to scheduling issues.

Interview Question – Are you a leader or follwer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation. Salary was offered and I was told there is lots of room for growth.

Infrastructure Engineering Intern Interview

Infrastructure Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. Lasted 30 mins. Was fair, behavioral questions and general technical questions. Then got an email inviting me to superday. Only less than 10 people were to be interviewed. Had 3 interviews back to back, a rotation about 45 mins each. A manager or head in the department.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the others?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – I apply to the fixed income internship in HK, and met two rounds interviews. First, I was interviewed by the head of fixed income recruiting team in US. I would say it was a standard interview, more questions about the market, about my opinion in macro economy. Since I am applying to HK, there are more questions about China. Later, I was interviewed by the director of fixed income in Asia Pacific. It was more about the debt market in HK and China, like dim-sum.

Interview Question – Your analysis framework about the inflation in China.   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – Initial communication- Was very efficient. Exchanged a couple of emails with the Senior VP the department I was interviewing for. An in person interview got scheduled quickly. I coordinated with an office assistant regarding booking travel etc.

Interview process- I had 4 rounds of interviews with senior members within the firm. Everyone was very pleasant. No one asked super difficult questions. They did ask me detail question about every detail mentioned on my resume.

Call back- I got a call back within a week with an offer

Interview Question – All of the questions were based on my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as it was my first job out of school

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at AllianceBernstein

Interview Details – it's quite good and I received a phone interview

Interview Question – how to determine the highest floor to throw a glass ball without breaking it given two glass balls   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with behavioral questions. Mainly about past experiences/resume. Another phone interview with more finance questions/brainteasers.

Interview Question – Degrees between hour and minute hand at 3:15   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was slow and the company is going through a lot of changes. There was also a lot of people who were hired the year before and then left or were let go. Not a good sign. The payout structure is not great after the first few years and there seemed to be a lot of people unhappy or looking for new jobs.

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!