AllianceBernstein

Getting the Interview

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AllianceBernstein

Interview Details – 1 phone interview (1st round) and then 2.5 hour interview where I spoke to 3 different individuals.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation when you had a true, ongoing personality conflict with a coworker or boss?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Interview

White Plains, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in March 2009.

Interview Details – Came in from temp to perm to kellygirl

Interview Question – straightforward   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at AllianceBernstein

Interview Details – Some behavioral questions, like how did you show your leadership,something about the projects, your favorite courses . A little technical questions including data structure.

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Asset Allocation Full Time Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in February 2013.

Interview Details – First round was an on campus interview. Was asked one probability question and one matrix derivative. Also he asked me what is buy side and what is sell side. Some behavior questions were also asked like why asset allocation, why AB... They only need 1 or 2 people (senior student) for this position, so it's really competitive. I'm still waiting for a response now.

Interview Question – You should be a logical thinker and have a good math background.   View Answer

Interviewed at AllianceBernstein

Interview Details – Long process - several rounds of in person interviews and a phone interview. Background checks took forever.

Fixed Income Associate Interview

Fixed Income Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – I interviewed with someone from a recruiting firm on behalf of the company, they didn't call me back for a second interview and although I was promised an answer within one week it took them 2 months to send me an email telling me that I won't get a second interview. Also the interviewer had no idea about the company, she told me to ask any questions that I have then repeatedly said she doesn't know much.

Interview Question – typical first round questions   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Phila, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got an interview through a university recruiting event,Interviewed with the head of the TAP rotational program.Pretty easy interview.Was asked questions about senior design and other HR questions. Nothing extraordinary but still did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult.Easy interview.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Private Client Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – First round- 30 min phone interview with Associate
Second round- skype interview with 2 hiring managers

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. They are looking for a specific set of innate skills in a candidate rather than technical skills.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Associate Interview

Fixed Income Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with HR/Recruiter: asked about career interests, salary expectations. Mostly fit questions;

2. Phone interview with Senior Associate: mostly fit questions. Asked about resume and past work experience (i.e. "tell me about yourself") and career interests;

3. On-site: 4 interviews with different members of the team. Most senior personelle asked fit questions and general questions about fixed income markets, proceeded to technical questions about interest rate risk, duration, statistics and brainteasers.

Interview Question – What date (in MMDD:YYYY form) is closest to Jan 1, 2000 and is also a palindrome?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter. Must fill out an application with the company. You are interviewed by HR first. If you are a good fit then a second interview is set up.

Interview Question – Most of the assistants work as teams. How would you contribute as a team member and please give examples.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided I didn't want to work for such a large firm.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AllianceBernstein