AllianceBernstein

AllianceBernstein Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

TOP Associate - Software Development Track Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in October 2013.

Phone Screening interview - Interview was a mixture of resume based, behavioral and technical questions. Technical question were mostly implementation based.

1. When would you use memory cache,db for user data. How would you use both memory cache and database, what factors would be considered.

2. If a system passes msgs to another system which publishes data to users and If the data is not reaching the users or its slow. How would you debug this issue.

Awaiting results of phone interview. Following which there would be an onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the implementation type questions. But I could relate it to my own work experience and answered accordingly   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein.

pretty straightforward - 3 rounds of interviews. nothing too difficult. they want to make sure they can brainwash you easily.

none

Technology Operation Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Phone interview for 30 minutes for the first step.

Interview Questions
    • None. general questions about my work experience.   View Answer

TOP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in September 2013.

Just got an phone interview. 30 mins. Asked experience shown on resume and some behavior questions.

Fixed Income Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interviewed on campus. The interviewer was very professional. Questions are standard. Walk me your résumé, what's fixed income.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AllianceBernstein in September 2013.

The Interview was for the TOP program for the development of the business analyst role. I applied through my Univeristy's recruiting board, and I received an email arranging for a phone interview. The phone interview asked many questions on technical background, such as experience in business analysis and the use of several programs. Basically, experience was a huge factor on whether or not advancement was likely.

TOP Software Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in August 2013.

I submitted my resume on college career fair then have a 30 minutes on campus interview.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in August 2013.

I had a phone screen with the lead technical recruiter. He had a very thick Russian-sounding accent and mumbled a lot, making it very difficult to understand him. I had to politely ask him to repeat himself numerous times and he responded by getting agitated. I don't understand why you would hire someone whose first language is not English to be the initial representative for your company. Not surprisingly, I didn't get another interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AllianceBernstein in August 2013.

Very Informal. 2 phone interviews and then one interview at location with two employees. Almost completely fit based. Interviewed with department head and another employee working at that department.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stressful situations? Are you good with working under pressure.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in June 2013.

The process was slow and the company is going through a lot of changes. There was also a lot of people who were hired the year before and then left or were let go. Not a good sign. The payout structure is not great after the first few years and there seemed to be a lot of people unhappy or looking for new jobs.