AllianceBernstein Private Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.1

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Applied online through my university and got a phone call interview. Hiring manager was nice and went through typical behavioral type questions. Wasn't too difficult but never got a call back, I did email asking what I could do to improve my interview skills but I never got a response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AllianceBernstein

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Applied online; Had a phone interview with HR, another phone interview with an associate and an onsite interview with three senior members of the team. The process was very quick because they had one opening in one office they wanted to fill.

Interview Questions

• Role play question: How would you respond if a client wanted to pull out of this investments if the market dropped.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was with someone from HR. It was very regimented and brief. The interviewer asked basic questions. Nothing really specific about myself or my interests. Have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when...
      why alliance bernstein, why private client
      speak about previous experience

Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at AllianceBernstein in December 2014.

Interview

First interview. More of a personality test at first. They then asked about why I was applying for the specific role and then questions about my prior experience and how it has shaped me for the Private Client Associate role. They then asked about situational questions. One question I particular remember was, how would you handle a client that calls upset worried about his/her retirement.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage multiple time sensitive objectives in a daily agenda.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks total. First was a phone interview, then I had a video chat with the hiring manager. The phone interview went really well, he primarily asked questions about my resume. The video chat conversation with the hiring manager was also pretty straight forward but he threw in a situational question that was totally unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Suppose a client called you and tell you that they got someone else's statement. How do you respond?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initially met representatives for AllianceBernstein through on campus recruiting at a career fair. Attended their information session and ultimately applied. I was invited to a first round interview on campus. Typical behavioral interview. Lots of "Tell me a time when..." questions. "Tell me a time when you worked on a team? A time with a difficult team member and how you managed." "Tell me a time when you worked under someone. What would that boss say was a strength and a weakness?" Ended with a roll play of a phone call with an angry client who's online account was not accurately reflecting their total balance. The interviewer played the client and I pretended to pick up the phone at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Questions

• The role play at the end with an angry client was very unexpected.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial phone interview was with a recruiter from New York. It was very impersonal. I wasn't asked anything about myself. It went straight into behavioral questions. The second round was a video interview with an associate. Again, very impersonal. The associate didn't ask anything about myself or why I was interested in the company. She jumped into behavioral questions and that was it. I felt like they didn't care about getting to know me at all to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you turned a weakness into a strength? Role playing question   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

fairly straightforward, if intense. meet with many people back to back when come in. I think it was 4 people, immediately following each other. lovely office, nice people. everyone seemed to really enjoy working there. The questions were, I think, what you'd expect for a job in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized and how do you manage expectations?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Three separate 1 on 1 interviews with members of Alliance staff after a phone screening process. There were two weeks between the phone interview and 1 on 1 interviews. All in all, a learning experience. The people are nice, the office is beautiful. My only problem is the length of time between interview and answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest hurdle you have faced in your business experience?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

I was reffered to AB through a friend who has been working for the organization for 5+ years. He put me in touch with a local office. It turns out an office will not hire a new PCA unless there is need so i asked that my interview remain on file for when there is an opening (There was a potential offer but no space). About a week afterwards the local branch called me to ask if I would consider a position at another branch.

The interview process started over; there were 2 rounds via tele-conference and phone with the managing directors. The process took about a month due to scheduling issues.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or follwer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation. Salary was offered and I was told there is lots of room for growth.