AllianceBernstein

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Private Client Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – I was reffered to AB through a friend who has been working for the organization for 5+ years. He put me in touch with a local office. It turns out an office will not hire a new PCA unless there is need so i asked that my interview remain on file for when there is an opening (There was a potential offer but no space). About a week afterwards the local branch called me to ask if I would consider a position at another branch.

The interview process started over; there were 2 rounds via tele-conference and phone with the managing directors. The process took about a month due to scheduling issues.

Interview Question – Are you a leader or follwer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation. Salary was offered and I was told there is lots of room for growth.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed down in Boston in person. HR emails me to ask for electronic copies of my resume and cover letter. My documents were were well written and took time to put together, only to have my application rejected. It was inappropriate of their HR to waste my time just to get my documents for their online system to just reject me.

Interview Question – How would you react in a situation where your client is opposed to your well developed investment strategy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Private Client Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – pretty straightforward - 3 rounds of interviews. nothing too difficult. they want to make sure they can brainwash you easily.

Interview Question – mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through their website. Received an email from HR within a couple days. Had a preliminary phone interview/screening that lasted about 45 minutes. Heard from HR that I made it to their super day in New York. This super day was extremely unusual. There were six interviews with a number of managers and associates - mainly focusing on "why pwm" and "walk me through your resume and interests". That part was normal as I saw it. However, there was a case study exercise that was definitely unusual. The group of interviewees split into two groups and read a case about some grocery store that was about to open up and had to buy plastic bags or something. Meanwhile, there was a panel of managers and HR people (including the HR director) who watched and took down notes on our interactions within the team. From there we had to assemble a presentation on dry erase boards and large notebooks and present to the panel our conclusions and plans. An uncomfortable format as you really didn't receive much feedback for your effort.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Alliance Bernstein? Why PWM?   View Answer

Private Client Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – First round- 30 min phone interview with Associate
Second round- skype interview with 2 hiring managers

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. They are looking for a specific set of innate skills in a candidate rather than technical skills.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after submitting resume and set up interview. The interview was with 2 senior members and another associate. Each meeting was separate and clearly not coordinated. Similar questions were asked in each. They also keep their office quite warm so be prepared.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral questions. While many were not tricky the atmosphere is one that is not inviting.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in February 2011.

Interview Details – Bernstein Global Wealth Management is a wonderful place to start a career. Its unfortunate they were unable to hire me because I am an international student. Questions were mostly behavioral, like what are your greatest strengths, weakness, describe when you dealt with someone difficult. The Senior Private Client associates interviewed me one by one, and they are trying to see if you are a fit for the firm. If you are a person who likes to be in the know how of whats going on in the market, loves talking to people and doing some qualitative work, and make good salary.. this is the place.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through school career website on the date this position was posted, and got contacted from HR recruiter the next day. 1st round interview was phone interview, lasted for 75 mins with the supervisor of the position. She asked me to talk about myself, career goals, especially leadership experiences I had in school and work. No technical questions was asked.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

White Plains, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received contact from an internal HR coordinator. The HR coordinator noticed my resume from an application that was posted on the AB website. Furthermore, the coordinator was pleasantly surprised by my experience, and submitted my resume to the hiring manager after my approval. After 2 days, I received a call from the coordinator saying that I was scheduled for an interview. During the interview, I was interviewed by two individuals, and both interviews consisted of behavioral based questions, and past experience questions. Both lasted 30 minutes, and I didn't receive any feedback in regards to the interview. 1 Week has passed since any communication. No offer yet.

Interview Question – Name a difficult individual you had to work with in a group setting.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AllianceBernstein in June 2009.

Interview Details – Most of the questions asked were all behavioral interview questions. Was asked to describe numerous events and situations from prior work and relevant experience. Was often put on the spot to give detailed accounts of previous interactions with co-workers and customers.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which one or more team members was not carrying their fair weight in a project. What exactly did you say to that co-worker to help resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AllianceBernstein

Worked for AllianceBernstein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AllianceBernstein Private Client Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by AllianceBernstein employees and interview candidates.