Alliant Insurance Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014

1.8

Employee Benefits Staff Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in August 2014.

The interview was excellent. I really enjoyed the interviewers questions and her eagerness to assist me in my employment search. I really liked the flexibility of the phone interview and the ability of the interviewer giving me the choice of dates and times.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. She presented all of her questions, well.   Answer Question

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in June 2014.

Was contacted within a week of applying on line. My initial telephone interview was with HR. Since I do not live in the California Area, I had an additional Skype interview with VP of Senior Operations. Very easy interview, and pleasant staff to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Originally applied for a downtown Los Angeles position, but the specific position was available in the Newport Beach Office.   View Answer

I was offered an one on one interview for a Newport Beach office, but I was interested in a Downtown Los Angeles location.

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

Hiring process was intense. Phone interview and two in-person interviews with different staff members. Background check they do is very thorough. They will not allow you to move forward in the hiring process if they are unable to speak with your references.

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in February 2012.

I applied online. Got a follow up call, that was the 1st part of the interview. It was a screening. Some detailed questions. It was clear that this was an important call. I was out of the office, and this doen't matter to them. I was at a presentation doing what I do, consult.

- The call was clearly to determine if I had the ability to bring business to the agency, and I made it known that I can, and have in the past.

2nd was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was simple as the questions were very basic, and it was really up to me to demonstrate that I can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was long. I had to pee.
      No difficult ?s. All questions were relevant to the position, the industry.
        View Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in August 2011.

I had applied online and was emailed my a recruiter. They set up the initial in-person interview. The first interview was with the main manager of that department and lasted about an hour. The second interview was with the next level down manager and lasted about two hours. The third interview was with the team/panel and lasted about one hour. The process took so long because they would wait about two weeks in between each interview to make a decision to proceed or not.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were mainly behavioral. One question that they asked twice was, "If your best friend described you, what would they say?"   Answer Question

I choose to decline the offer because I felt I wasn't a good fit with the management style there. It was said that the management style uses 'harsh critisism' and that they just 'put their heads down and work'. Also, during the group/panel interview of my potential 'team', all the people looked miserable. Also, the salary wasn't what I was expecting and they were not willing to negotiate even slightly.

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in October 2010.

Just be honest. They conduct background checks and may hire you if you have a blemish of some kind and disclose it but not if you try to conceal it. Also, if you just want a paycheck this is not the right place. You need to love to work and take pride in what you do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something about you that would surprise us.   View Answer