Alliant Insurance Services

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

1.9

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

I applied for the opportunity; received an email notification of receipt; received an email requesting a phone interview; then, had a great phone call/interview experience with the Corporate Recruiter. I was pleasantly surprised, at the professionalism and excitement displayed by the Recruiter, when sharing company information, and allowing me more than ample opportunity to ask and respond to questions.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Alliant and the position?   View Answer
    • After the phone screen, the talent selection process was reiterated, and additional information was sent forward via email from the Corporate Recruiter.   View Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

It was not hard, they just wanted more of a personality fit. The people I interviewed were who I would actually work with. They really focused on being able to handle large workloads and constantly being redirected cannot be a problem. They talked about being about being able to have multiple bosses and people who expect work from you.

Interview Questions
    • If I could deal with working with a difficult person   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate

Account Manager/Benefit Analyst Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in January 2015.

I applied online for the Account Manager position and was contacted via email by a Corporate Recruiter. We arranged a phone interview and confirmed a date and time. She had a pleasant manner and asked great questions which lead to me sharing additional skills and experiences that gave insight that I may also be a fit for the Analyst position. A great interviewer can find strong candidates with the right questions. Overall the process was positive and my feedback for Alliant is the same.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the last time I used a pivot table.   View Answer

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

This was a basic questions interview- Screening process. Interview was friendly, fast flowing, and good questions. The process to setup was efficient
    - email from recruiter to setup time
    - recruiter confirmed time
    - I confirmed- received call on time
     - full 30 minutes

Was told the next step is that resume is forwarded to second level one on one interview. All in all very good process- fast and friendly.

Account Manager - Employee Benefits Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in December 2014.

Very simple to apply and Alliant was very quick to respond to my application. My initial phone interview with the Corporate Recruiter was very friendly, no surprises, the questions were appropriate regarding my previous experience, why I would look at Alliant and what are my expectations. I received great feedback on the position and was told exactly when to expect another interview. This was quite a good experience.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in November 2014.

I received an email requesting a date and time convenient for me to speak with the recruiter. I gave a date and time and at that specific date and time I received a call from the recruiter. She was very pleasant and informative as to the position and company. I was very please with the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were within my expertise and were not difficult.   Answer Question

Employee Benefits Staff Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in August 2014.

The interview was excellent. I really enjoyed the interviewers questions and her eagerness to assist me in my employment search. I really liked the flexibility of the phone interview and the ability of the interviewer giving me the choice of dates and times.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. She presented all of her questions, well.   Answer Question

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in June 2014.

Was contacted within a week of applying on line. My initial telephone interview was with HR. Since I do not live in the California Area, I had an additional Skype interview with VP of Senior Operations. Very easy interview, and pleasant staff to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Originally applied for a downtown Los Angeles position, but the specific position was available in the Newport Beach Office.   View Answer

I was offered an one on one interview for a Newport Beach office, but I was interested in a Downtown Los Angeles location.

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

Hiring process was intense. Phone interview and two in-person interviews with different staff members. Background check they do is very thorough. They will not allow you to move forward in the hiring process if they are unable to speak with your references.

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in February 2012.

I applied online. Got a follow up call, that was the 1st part of the interview. It was a screening. Some detailed questions. It was clear that this was an important call. I was out of the office, and this doen't matter to them. I was at a presentation doing what I do, consult.

- The call was clearly to determine if I had the ability to bring business to the agency, and I made it known that I can, and have in the past.

2nd was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was simple as the questions were very basic, and it was really up to me to demonstrate that I can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was long. I had to pee.
      No difficult ?s. All questions were relevant to the position, the industry.

View Answer