Alliant Insurance Services

Very Easy Interview

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

Benefit Coordinator Lead
Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted within a week of applying on line. My initial telephone interview was with HR. Since I do not live in the California Area, I had an additional Skype interview with VP of Senior Operations. Very easy interview, and pleasant staff to speak with.

Interview Question – Originally applied for a downtown Los Angeles position, but the specific position was available in the Newport Beach Office.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered an one on one interview for a Newport Beach office, but I was interested in a Downtown Los Angeles location.

Benefit Coordinator Lead Interview

Benefit Coordinator Lead

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

Interview Details – Hiring process was intense. Phone interview and two in-person interviews with different staff members. Background check they do is very thorough. They will not allow you to move forward in the hiring process if they are unable to speak with your references.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Just be honest. They conduct background checks and may hire you if you have a blemish of some kind and disclose it but not if you try to conceal it. Also, if you just want a paycheck this is not the right place. You need to love to work and take pride in what you do.

Interview Question – Tell us something about you that would surprise us.   View Answer

Benefit Analyst Interview

Benefit Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a follow up call, that was the 1st part of the interview. It was a screening. Some detailed questions. It was clear that this was an important call. I was out of the office, and this doen't matter to them. I was at a presentation doing what I do, consult.

- The call was clearly to determine if I had the ability to bring business to the agency, and I made it known that I can, and have in the past.

2nd was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was simple as the questions were very basic, and it was really up to me to demonstrate that I can do the job.

Interview Question – It was long. I had to pee.
No difficult ?s. All questions were relevant to the position, the industry.
  View Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Marketing Project Manager
Irvine, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied online and was emailed my a recruiter. They set up the initial in-person interview. The first interview was with the main manager of that department and lasted about an hour. The second interview was with the next level down manager and lasted about two hours. The third interview was with the team/panel and lasted about one hour. The process took so long because they would wait about two weeks in between each interview to make a decision to proceed or not.

Interview Question – The interview questions were mainly behavioral. One question that they asked twice was, "If your best friend described you, what would they say?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I choose to decline the offer because I felt I wasn't a good fit with the management style there. It was said that the management style uses 'harsh critisism' and that they just 'put their heads down and work'. Also, during the group/panel interview of my potential 'team', all the people looked miserable. Also, the salary wasn't what I was expecting and they were not willing to negotiate even slightly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alliant Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!

Alliant Insurance Services Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alliant Insurance Services interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alliant Insurance Services employees and interview candidates.