Alliant Techsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in January 2011.

Interview Details – Short and to the point. Not a difficult interview. The questions asked were the typical interview type questions and were not ones that required a great deal of thought. I had a great experience in the Hiring and Interview Process.

Interview Question – Why do want to work for Thiokol [ATK]?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Clearwater, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in September 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Sys Mgr , lead engineer of project that requested personnel, engineering and senior engineer ask technical competency questions. Didn't get any touchy feely questions about work personality questions. A pleasant change from the "tell me about your worst day" garbage. Just making sure you know what it takes to do the job.

Interview Question – Nothing fluffy, If you applied for a position you'd better be familiar with the in's and out's of the challenges and required skills. Can't fake it with vague answers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't mind the offer. Didn't negotiate.

Supply Chain Director Interview

Supply Chain Director
Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very Weak

Interview Question – I did not interview as I was part of an acquisition from Boeing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

Interview Details – The first time I attended a four week training course. I scored 100% on all the tests and was hired within two months of completing the course. I volunteered for a layoff several years later. In 2005 my old job was available but it was on the defense program side. I was offered the job because of my prior experience.

Interview Question – It wasn't really a question. When I arrived for the interview the second time I found out i was being interviewed by three managers. Once they found out my experience. two managers told the other manager I was a perfect fit for his department.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Magna, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and it took about 2 months before a call for an interview came. I was flown out to Utah for an on-site interview, they were very accomodating. I was told to arrive just before lunch and was treated to lunch on-site. I had lunch with other candidates and also several managers. After eating lunch, we were split into groups and taken on seperate tours. After the tour, a panel interview took place. The questions were pretty standard behavioral questions, nothing too surprising.

Tool Engineer Interview

Tool Engineer
Brigham City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took about 3 weeks to get a call for a phone interview. The interview went very well, but a previous phone interview with other managers a month before went very well too and never got called for in-person interview. To speed up the process and ensure an in-person interview, I decided to visit the area at my own expense to get the interview and at the same time interview with other companies in the area. They liked my offer and scheduled the interview. They asked many personality questions and very few technical questions. I called 2 weeks later and they said I made it to the top 3 finalist, but another candidate already had aerospace tooling experience so they decided to go with him.

Interview Question – What would you do if you see a fellow employee performing very poorly?

What is your greatest weakness and how do you compensate for it?
  Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

Interview Details – Great interview environment, interviewees were friendly, my trip was well orgnaized, no questions regarding expenses, very accommodating. I hit it off with the interview team, they gave me a tour of thier facilities, spend a lot of time with me to make me feel comfortable with the position and where the company was going.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of questions about process knowledge, how I would approach change.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Grade 9 Interview

Engineering Technician Grade 9
Independence, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in August 2012.

Interview Details – One item you should be aware: Currently this job title is going to be nights, some weekends. You should also expect 12.5 hour shifts, something recent.

Interview Question – Are you available to work any shift...Rotations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You will bring your experience and abilities to help you through. No negotiations.

All Salary Positions Interview

All Salary Positions
Independence, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in July 2013.

Interview Details – First is a simple phone screen to be sure the candidate fits the position. Next, typically, ATK brings the candidate for a face-to-face group interview. They use the Lominger 67 competencies ask their guide for questioning and typically take turns asking about specific events in your work experience that highlight the competencies of interest and your thought process for explaining the circumstances surrounding the event. You must be able to quickly and logically explain the situation, the challenge, the decision, and the results.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you dealt with conflict between direct reports and how you handled the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is large room for negotiation when it comes to relocation packages. There are several standard packages depending on level of hire, but there are several opportunities to nibble for more. This is true both before accepting the offer and after. During the relocation process you can ask for additional consideration, which is approved by your hiring manager.

Structural Analyst Interview

Structural Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email asking for my interview availability. Schedule a conference call with the hiring mangers. Asked a lot about my resume and the projects I worked on.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alliant Techsystems

Worked for Alliant Techsystems? Contribute to the Community!