Alliant Techsystems Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in August 2011.

Very quick process; interview only lasted 2 hours. Was asked about my experience, how I handled certain things. They they did the standard behavior 'tell me about a time when' type questions. They use a package called Interview Architect to rate you. You will have a panel interview with 3-5 people typically from multiple departments that interface with the role. Each will ask one of the behavioral questions, not just HR, and HR will be your primary POC for the process.

Interview Questions
    • None we hard, just google behavioral interviewing and practice   Answer Question
    Salary was good, above what I expected. Tried to negotiate vacation but they declined.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in January 2011.

Short and to the point. Not a difficult interview. The questions asked were the typical interview type questions and were not ones that required a great deal of thought. I had a great experience in the Hiring and Interview Process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to work for Thiokol [ATK]?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in September 2012.

Panel interview. Sys Mgr , lead engineer of project that requested personnel, engineering and senior engineer ask technical competency questions. Didn't get any touchy feely questions about work personality questions. A pleasant change from the "tell me about your worst day" garbage. Just making sure you know what it takes to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing fluffy, If you applied for a position you'd better be familiar with the in's and out's of the challenges and required skills. Can't fake it with vague answers.   View Answer
    I didn't mind the offer. Didn't negotiate.

Supply Chain Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in May 2010.

Very Weak

Interview Questions
    • I did not interview as I was part of an acquisition from Boeing   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

The first time I attended a four week training course. I scored 100% on all the tests and was hired within two months of completing the course. I volunteered for a layoff several years later. In 2005 my old job was available but it was on the defense program side. I was offered the job because of my prior experience.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't really a question. When I arrived for the interview the second time I found out i was being interviewed by three managers. Once they found out my experience. two managers told the other manager I was a perfect fit for his department.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Magna, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Magna, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

I applied for the job and it took about 2 months before a call for an interview came. I was flown out to Utah for an on-site interview, they were very accomodating. I was told to arrive just before lunch and was treated to lunch on-site. I had lunch with other candidates and also several managers. After eating lunch, we were split into groups and taken on seperate tours. After the tour, a panel interview took place. The questions were pretty standard behavioral questions, nothing too surprising.

Tool Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brigham City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Brigham City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in October 2013.

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks to get a call for a phone interview. The interview went very well, but a previous phone interview with other managers a month before went very well too and never got called for in-person interview. To speed up the process and ensure an in-person interview, I decided to visit the area at my own expense to get the interview and at the same time interview with other companies in the area. They liked my offer and scheduled the interview. They asked many personality questions and very few technical questions. I called 2 weeks later and they said I made it to the top 3 finalist, but another candidate already had aerospace tooling experience so they decided to go with him.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see a fellow employee performing very poorly?

What is your greatest weakness and how do you compensate for it?
        Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems.

Great interview environment, interviewees were friendly, my trip was well orgnaized, no questions regarding expenses, very accommodating. I hit it off with the interview team, they gave me a tour of thier facilities, spend a lot of time with me to make me feel comfortable with the position and where the company was going.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions about process knowledge, how I would approach change.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Grade 9 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in August 2012.

One item you should be aware: Currently this job title is going to be nights, some weekends. You should also expect 12.5 hour shifts, something recent.

Interview Questions
    You will bring your experience and abilities to help you through. No negotiations.

All Salary Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alliant Techsystems in July 2013.

First is a simple phone screen to be sure the candidate fits the position. Next, typically, ATK brings the candidate for a face-to-face group interview. They use the Lominger 67 competencies ask their guide for questioning and typically take turns asking about specific events in your work experience that highlight the competencies of interest and your thought process for explaining the circumstances surrounding the event. You must be able to quickly and logically explain the situation, the challenge, the decision, and the results.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you dealt with conflict between direct reports and how you handled the situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is large room for negotiation when it comes to relocation packages. There are several standard packages depending on level of hire, but there are several opportunities to nibble for more. This is true both before accepting the offer and after. During the relocation process you can ask for additional consideration, which is approved by your hiring manager.

Worked for Alliant Techsystems? Contribute to the Community!