Allianz Global Investors

Allianz Global Investors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 6 20 minute interviews with varying hiring managers from across all different departments. All were very friendly and seemed to have a clear idea of the intern's future work. I think they are just looking for a fit personality wise. No real technical questions other than do you know excel, powerpoint, etc. Have an idea of where your interests align with the managers departments and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• None really. Sometimes answering questions for a department you are not interested in is awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One round just, four interviewers, half an hour for each. Two of them are analyst, one VP and one HR. Some quantitative questions and some market sense questions as well. They asked a lot of market trend and your sense! The HR is really nice and doesn't ask too many behavior questions. It is expected to receive feedback around one and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the domestic market and foreign market?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Mostly behavioural. There were 7 interviews in total. Every interviewer was from a different team and asked questions related to their fields.Should have general knowledge about the financial industry i.e. bonds, mutual funds,equity etc. Should have knowledge about basic SQL as the technical interviewer was in data feeds team.

Investment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my online career center. They called me to schedule a super day. I went into the office and had 7 back-to-back 15 minute interviews. They were all with managing directors from across the firm. Most of the questions were behavioral, mainly seeing if you could fit into the culture. Only one of the 7 interviews was technical. Allianz really values culture, so a lot of the questions were about what I wanted out of the internship experience and the directors spent a lot of time explaining the culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you define the purpose of excel in one sentence?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

7 interviews, 20 minutes each, held on the same day. Directors and MDs from various business functions interviewed me. The posting was generic, and the interviewers gather after all interviews and select which candidates they would like for their specific departments. The idea is to have an adaptable personality because you can get shut down by the majority even if one interviewer likes you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

People are very nice. Met with almost the entire team to discuss role and company. More behavioral than technical questions. Company is currently undergoing restructuring so the company roles are still being moved around.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was done through a cycle of all the VP's within the department. Most VP's are very laid back and clearly would like to know you personally. Some VPs are very technical and would like to know how much you know or not know. Overall it is a very easy laid back interview

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

Typische Fragen bei Bewerbungsgesprächen wurden lediglich am Anfang zu Auflockerung gestellt (1 oder maximal 2 sollte man erwarten). Beispielsweise, warum ich BWL studierte habe und nicht z.B. VWL oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen. Danach ausschließlich stellenrelevante Fragen. Am Ende konnte ich Fragen stellen. Allgemein folgt auf die eine, direkt die nächste Frage. Sie bauen jedoch alle aufeinander auf. Man sollte schnell und präzise antworten können.

Interview Questions

• Sie besitzen eine Anleihe A1 von Unternehmen X mit Kupon xx1. Kurz darauf gibt Unternehmen X eine weitere Anleihe A2 mit Kupon xx2 (xx2>xx1) aus. Was passiert mit dem Preis von A1 und was sollten Sie in diesem Fall machen?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors.

Interview

Online application (CV and some questions)and two online aptitude tests (logic and numerical). The numerical part was relatively hard to answer because more complicated charts and tables. I couldn't finish all so the rest of 4 or 5 questions I just guessed. Receive phone interview invitation one month later after finishing the online tests. The phone interview focused on competency and questions related those in the online application.

Interview Questions

• There's no particular difficult question in the phone interview.   Answer Question