Allianz Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Work Student Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allianz.

Interview

I applied for a work student position online and called for a phone interview within 2 weeks . Basically i was asked behavioral questions coupled with skill questions where i had to give answers relating to my previous job . It was easy going and HR and technical manager were friendly. After 2 weeks i was invited for a personal round of interview where to give two presentations on the related topics. It was done to check the language skills, research and presenting skills with capacity to articulate the issue. Hiring managers were supportive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part was the case study presentation where i was asked my opinion about their projects. it was difficult because they wanted to know if i can think from a company's perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For working students, there is a standard policy for salary and other benefits. No negotiations done.

IT Associate Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allianz (Novato, CA).

Interview

-Contacted by recruiter via phone
    -Recruiter asked behavioral, background, and education related questions during phone interview
    -Recruiter set up follow up phone meeting with Manager
    -Manager asked questions regarding pervious experience
    -Manager asked technical questions related to coding (difficulty medium)
    -Manager set up a in person meeting with himself and Director
    -In person meeting with Director and Manager lasted 2 hours
    -Asked to code in person
    -Asked more technical and behavioral questions
    Overall I would rate the process easy with medium/hard technical questions.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allianz in March 2014.

Interview

Very smooth. The recruiters kept you in the loop the entire time. It was mostly straight forward questions and the whole process went really fast. If you are non-local they can do the entire process remotely which is nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to redesign a process to complete an assignment and was the new process successful? or along those lines.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allianz.

Interview

I was called to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks after applying online. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later with someone from the HR department. They mostly asked the usual strengths/weaknesses questions, but also asked me to go into detail about past projects I had worked on. I got an email shortly afterward saying I was no longer under consideration.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Allianz.

Interview

the process is really smooth and HR person is super nice.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with 2 Senior Associates on campus. The whole process was relaxed and friendly. The interviewers were very patient and easy to talk with. There were some behavior questions and some technical ones. They are seeking someone who is good at Argus and Excel.

Interview Questions

• If you can recommend someone else in your class, who do you want to recommend?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Allianz.

Interview

Initial CV review, interview with three different members (managing director, head of credit risk, some other analyst)

Interview Questions

• What would you do to revive the Italian economy *immediately* do if you were Mario Monti?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allianz (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and comprehensive. I had 6 interviews over the course of two days. Originally, I had all 6 scheduled on a single day, but I had to shuffle things around and was pleased with the willingness to accommodate me. The interviews were brief (30 min each), but they covered all the areas in a way that I felt like I was able to discuss how I would add value to the role and also perform my discovery to ensure the role was the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to push back on a senior leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the initial stages of the interviewing process, I had informed the recruiter what salary would interest me in coming to the company. The offer met my initial request. I was not initially offered a signing bonus, however I was able to negotiate that prior to accepting the offer.

Derivatives Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allianz (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

After the phone interview, I was very excited about this job prospect before the in person interview. They brought me in a few days after the phone interview to meet with 11 different people. There was a simple oral skills test and discussion with the group I was applying with and then a series of short interviews with a lot of people who didn't seem to understand why they were talking to me or what they should be discussing. More than a few of the sessions degenerated into discussions of why anyone would want to work at Allianz. Very strange to hear an interviewer try to talk you out of the job.

Customer Serice Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Allianz (Golden Valley, MN) in January 2008.

Interview

I had worked for this company for 3 months as a temp. I had one interview with a mid level manager who after reviewing my file asked a few nominal questions and then I was offered the position in writing. After that process there was a one day session in which all expectations and conditions of employment were discussed. At the end of this session I signed my contract and began employment with Allianz-Life.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult or argumentative client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was told prior to the interview what the salary and benefits for which my position starts. The increments and conditions in which my salary would increase were explained to me.