Allied Building Products Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

I had no previous experience in the construction industry- they hired me on the second interview. First interview was with the branch manager second was with the regional manager. Management changed every six months.

Negotiation

I negotiated relocation expenses and they offered me what I asked for for the base salary.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Talk to the recruiter at least 4 times, then meet with branch manger twice, then meet with assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed

Project Manager - IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (East Rutherford, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR function through LinkedIn. After a few emails I got onto a call that was the HR interview. This was towards the end of the week and I was called in twice the following week for interviews with the hiring manager and the manager of the hiring manager. There were several follow up calls with the HR function - mostly to get clarifications from me on my experience, expectations and the references I had provided. The final phone interview was with the hiring manager. After we went through some additional questions and expectation setting I was offered the position. The process went through remarkably quickly.

Interview Questions

• I was coming in from a outsourcing consulting firm with a major offshore presence. I felt that a lot of detailed questions that we went over multiple times were to do with my background and events in such an industry that Allied Building Products did not seem familiar with at a granular level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The firm was very clear on the budget for the role for the beginning of the conversation.

Receptionist/Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Hicksville, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I had one lengthy interview and a quick written test. It was pleasant and comfortable. The people that work for Allied are good people and benefits are very good. It is a long working day but that goes with the industry.

Interview Questions

• I found by observation that the smaller businesses were ignored. The company worked more for the big numbers and the little guys pushed to the side.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

ma great interview so I thought. They seemed really nice, it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. They said they would be back with me later to let me know. I interviewed a month ago and still they say they are in the evaluation process. Basically no communication through the process not even a simple email reply.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2010.

Interview

It didn't feel like an interview it was more like a meeting.

Interview Questions

• adding value to a great company   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Questions

• actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview from HR same day. They called again and scheduled interview for 3 days later. Interview was low key and non-structured; more of 'get to know you'. Mostly reviewed resume, experience and qualifications. Businesslike but very friendly. I followed-up 1 week later. No decision yet. They called me 1 week after that. Another candidate had greater industry experience, so the went that direction. No regrets. Altogether a smooth process with fair follow-up on their part.

Interview Questions

• None. No "Tell us about yourself" or "Sell me this pen". Just a low key and friendly information exchange..   Answer Question

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in January 2011.

Interview

not much of an interview, ask about previous experience, and why you want to work there.

Negotiation

did not negotiate