Allied Building Products

Allied Building Products Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2008.

Interview Details – I had no previous experience in the construction industry- they hired me on the second interview. First interview was with the branch manager second was with the regional manager. Management changed every six months.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated relocation expenses and they offered me what I asked for for the base salary.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allied Building Products in May 2009.

Interview Details – Talk to the recruiter at least 4 times, then meet with branch manger twice, then meet with assistant branch manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed

Receptionist/Admin Assistant Interview

Receptionist/Admin Assistant
Hicksville, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Allied Building Products in May 2009.

Interview Details – I had one lengthy interview and a quick written test. It was pleasant and comfortable. The people that work for Allied are good people and benefits are very good. It is a long working day but that goes with the industry.

Interview Question – I found by observation that the smaller businesses were ignored. The company worked more for the big numbers and the little guys pushed to the side.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2010.

Interview Details – It didn't feel like an interview it was more like a meeting.

Interview Question – adding value to a great company   View Answer

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Warehouse/Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allied Building Products in January 2011.

Interview Details – not much of an interview, ask about previous experience, and why you want to work there.

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allied Building Products in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview from HR same day. They called again and scheduled interview for 3 days later.

Interview was low key and non-structured; more of 'get to know you'. Mostly reviewed resume, experience and qualifications. Businesslike but very friendly.

I followed-up 1 week later. No decision yet.

They called me 1 week after that. Another candidate had greater industry experience, so the went that direction.

No regrets. Altogether a smooth process with fair follow-up on their part.

Interview Question – None. No "Tell us about yourself" or "Sell me this pen". Just a low key and friendly information exchange..   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Question – How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview Details – It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Question – actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

Worked for Allied Building Products? Contribute to the Community!