Allied Building Products Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

1.8

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a week. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. This went well and we set up an interview for the following week and had a very laid back meeting with a Branch manager that went very well. This was more of a get to know you interview with no hard nosed questions. I was once again contacted by the recruiter and informed that I would then meet with a Regional Manager. I meet with her several weeks later, due their very busy schedule. The interview went well but the manager was very straight forward and it seemed like it took a while for them to warm up to me. It ended well. The recruiter contacted me several days later informing me that they would be making a formal offer in a day or two.

Bank Reconciliation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allied Building Products (Rutherford, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was nice. I was asked two or so questions but 99% of the interview was just to tell me about the company. The process took slightly over an hour and I got the impression that I was just called in so that they could say that they did look at "outside candidates". It seems that this company only hires from within and seldom outside.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your list job? How long were you there?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Questions

• actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allied Building Products in January 2011.

Interview

not much of an interview, ask about previous experience, and why you want to work there.

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Allied Building Products (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional. The Manager and Regional Manager were not skilled interviewers. I met one individual and discussed sports and listened to him rant on about unrelated topics. Then I met with decision maker and watched a he just stared me down.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? (FYI - It was listed on my resume. Didn't they even read it so their time was not wasted)?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allied Building Products (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview from HR same day. They called again and scheduled interview for 3 days later. Interview was low key and non-structured; more of 'get to know you'. Mostly reviewed resume, experience and qualifications. Businesslike but very friendly. I followed-up 1 week later. No decision yet. They called me 1 week after that. Another candidate had greater industry experience, so the went that direction. No regrets. Altogether a smooth process with fair follow-up on their part.

Interview Questions

• None. No "Tell us about yourself" or "Sell me this pen". Just a low key and friendly information exchange..   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2010.

Interview

It didn't feel like an interview it was more like a meeting.

Interview Questions

• adding value to a great company   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

ma great interview so I thought. They seemed really nice, it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. They said they would be back with me later to let me know. I interviewed a month ago and still they say they are in the evaluation process. Basically no communication through the process not even a simple email reply.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allied Building Products (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Talk to the recruiter at least 4 times, then meet with branch manger twice, then meet with assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed