Allied Building Products

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2008.

Interview Details – I had no previous experience in the construction industry- they hired me on the second interview. First interview was with the branch manager second was with the regional manager. Management changed every six months.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated relocation expenses and they offered me what I asked for for the base salary.

Very Easy Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview Details – It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Question – actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

Very Easy Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Question – How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   View Answer

Worked for Allied Building Products? Contribute to the Community!