Allied Building Products

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allied Building Products in July 2008.

I had no previous experience in the construction industry- they hired me on the second interview. First interview was with the branch manager second was with the regional manager. Management changed every six months.

I negotiated relocation expenses and they offered me what I asked for for the base salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Allied Building Products

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allied Building Products.

It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question
    They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Questions
    • How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   View Answer