AlliedBarton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

1.9

Security Officer (Unarmed) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was to long, you have to go through several levels and it takes several hours. You have to fill out paperwork, take a drug test at another location, then you have to go back to take a 8 hour class after you already took to get the security license. The company does not pay for you to take the 8 hour class yearly, or to renew license.

Interview Questions

• I did not get asked any questions because you have to already have taken classes to do security   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Malvern, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. It was easy and simple questions. I had to answer questions through a webcam first before I was brought in for a face to ace interview. For the face to face interview I had to answer some easy basic questions.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton in November 2012.

Interview

Was put in a group process first then each of us was brought back to a room for one on one with the recruiter. The actual hiring process was a bit hurried. Was promised a post that they later changed their mind on.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

None, if you're prior military then they'll hire you right away.
    After the initial interview then you are required to attend one day mandatory training with pay (minimum wage). After that then they will assign you your permanent post, after six months at your first post then you can request a transfer to another location if you want to.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview

I submitted an online application, then the district manager called me. After that step, I received an e-mail to come to the district office and have an in-person interview and an orientation.

Hospital Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Poughkeepsie, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

All I had was one interview and it was a phone interview and that was my first ever phone interview and they said that they'll call me back if they want me to come in for a second interview meaning a in person interview and they never called me back.

Security Officer (Unarmed) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview

Applied online, heard back quickly from the recruiter. Recruiter called me to set up an interview. After interview they have you take a pre-employment class for a guard card. Then put you in touch with the account manager at the site you applied for. (at least for me, I applied for a sight and was assigned that site).

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means to you.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you thought you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

AllieBarton Security just offers a job, not a career. The questions aren't difficult. They will ask you ask if you have any customer service skills, computer skills. They may ask if you have any previous security experience or military/law enforcement experience. Then they will also ask you other pointless question about what experience you have that you can bring into security.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do security?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a security company manager. The questions where professional and what I would have expected anywhere else. Try to prepare for the 10 most asked questions. Go to your employment resource and get some interview tips. that will go a long way as any job interview. However, they are security professionals and you get that feeling when being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How did you ever handle an angry or out of control customer?This is such an important question to be prepared for. Do not neglect a practice session.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is on a pay schedule.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very simple and is a breeze to get through. I applied online and received an email the next day from a recruiter located at Allied Barton. I was interviewed by the recruiter the next day and was scheduled for another interview with the account manager the next day. I was asked the simplest question like "how long have you worked in security" or "what made you want to become a security officer".

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or tricky question during any of the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally offered $10.50 an hour and that changed once I became an employee. The rate was dropped to $9.25 per hour because "we couldn't put you at the first site we originally discussed.