AlliedBarton

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2013.

Interview Details – apply online then abut 2 weeks later i got a phone call telling me to come in for a interview then after a week they called me and told me to go to the client site for a interview with the account manager then after 2 weeks the account manager of the site contacted me to come into training at the branch office for 2 days then sent me to the client site for 3 days of training then when i began working after a month they put me on another shift that i didn't request when i was hired.

Interview Question – Told me i have to go to another shift after i been there a month because they hired someone else for the shift i was on   Answer Question

Syosset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to the company website. Called for an interview, brought in to fill out application, submitted my required documents for employment. Within 3 days I was brought in for required training classes then given a position start date and began working within a week.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I was unable to negotiate because the rate was set already.

Single Site Account Manager Interview

Single Site Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was handled in a professional manner. The district HR manager contacted me and invited me to interview at the account in which I would be managing. I also interviewed with the district manager, VP of operations, and the client. The entire process was well organized and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The only unexpected part of the process was having a panel interview with four different managers at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer given was acceptable, so there was no need to negotiate.

Site Supervisor Interview

Site Supervisor
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – I was a walk in and was handed to a recruiter. Was told based on my resume that I was suitable for several supervisor positions. I interviewed with several different operations managers and was selected for a newly opening site. I did a brief interview with the property managers and was given the green light.

Interview Question – none it was very straight forward and standard interviewing questions for this field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None its contract based salary.

Security Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – My interview process was to just send in the application then go in for training I never really had an interview just a call saying we like you and come in at this time to start training.

Interview Question – Because of my unorthidox way of entering into the company there really was no difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Single Site Account Manager Interview

Single Site Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – There is along and tedious process in place. The effectiveness depends on the quality of the recruiter.

Negotiation Details – There was none

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard, The normal personality questions. He was 20 minutes late to the interview. Said pay rate was 11.00 pretty straight forward. After i accepted the job offer i found out that it was 10.50 an hr and i also had to pay for my own security license. On top of which i also had to press and clean my uniforms out of my own pocket.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role without being told to take charge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was nothing new. She brought me into her office and informed me that she had 'plenty' of positions open within my requirements, including one that I could start right away. Three weeks later, I got a hurried phone call at 7:30 in the morning about a special project that needed filled and a request for me to fill it. When I got there that morning, half my training class was going to be working at the 'Start Right Away locale' I had been promised. She had completely forgotten about me working at that position. I went to the special project and worked for two weeks before being integrated into my normal site.

Interview Question – She wanted to know what kind of days of the week I wanted to work. I told her, and she promised me that it was a reasonable request. The thing is, she has no authority over scheduling at ANY of the location. So, when I got to my site, they laughed at my assumption that I would get the requested hours and days. It would have been nice going in to know that, since I would have made a far more educated decision in regards to employment with Allied Barton.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. They called me in the early morning and I had less than 5 minutes to take it or leave it. I decided to take it because she sounded desperate.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in February 2010.

Interview Details – An easy process, suited well for a one-page resume. One interview with HR, then an interview with a manager you will work under. This manager will likely ask for urine to test on-site without a lab involved. At this point the candidate can take charge and ask why the company is doing their own drug testing (at a field manager level), and wouldn't it be best to have a laboratory experienced with such testing to do it for them. After this the candidate has better control of last-minute discussions about pay, start dates, and certainty of benefits.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, given your prior extensive experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was based on promises of rapid advancement if I accepted a lower initial wage. Initially, I asked for time to think about their offer while I waited for drug a background results. It was an opportunity to talk almost daily with HR and management about pay and initial assignment. Later after being thoroughly vetted, I accepted.

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – the process is very easy because the turn over is so large

Interview Question – not many questions until after the background check and drug test. Once you pass this process your in   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was none just the wage they offered