AlliedBarton

1.9

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

the process is very easy because the turn over is so large

Interview Questions
    • not many questions until after the background check and drug test. Once you pass this process your in   Answer Question
    was none just the wage they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton in September 2013.

three interviews, hair follicle drug testing and physical, written exam, checking references and conducting back ground check and assuring one possess a Private Security license, having one sized for proper uniforms and viewing videos, on safety and what is to be expected from the employer

Experience and wages

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly standard, The normal personality questions. He was 20 minutes late to the interview. Said pay rate was 11.00 pretty straight forward. After i accepted the job offer i found out that it was 10.50 an hr and i also had to pay for my own security license. On top of which i also had to press and clean my uniforms out of my own pocket.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role without being told to take charge   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

There was no interview process, who was never absent out of 15+ officers so i got the position by default.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

You apply online, receive a call from a recruiter who sets up an interview with the account manager. The interview is a basic set of questions read to you, and your answers are recorded. If the interview goes well, (they usually do) The will do a background check on you through their other company HRPlus. When this comes back they call you and tell you when to come in for initial training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult or unexpected. They rarely ask you anything personal or delve into your work history.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. After you pass their "training" which is them telling you the answers to the test, they give you a uniform, and a schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2013.

apply online then abut 2 weeks later i got a phone call telling me to come in for a interview then after a week they called me and told me to go to the client site for a interview with the account manager then after 2 weeks the account manager of the site contacted me to come into training at the branch office for 2 days then sent me to the client site for 3 days of training then when i began working after a month they put me on another shift that i didn't request when i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Told me i have to go to another shift after i been there a month because they hired someone else for the shift i was on   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2013.

Filled out online application and it took about 4 months to be contacted. Afterwards there was an interview with a recruiter and then with a site manager. At the interview at the recruiter office there were others there for the interview as well. I did hear that it took one person a year to be contacted for an interview after applying online.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

Extremely easy....it actually didn't real like a real interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at AlliedBarton in March 2013.

Hiring process was straight forward. They use HireRight for a thorough background check of employees. I was not interviewed because I knew the HR rep before hand and she already knew that I was the type of person that they were looking for. I had never worked as security before and did not have any prior experience or training.

After being hired, but before going to work, I met with the site supervisor and had the position explained in detail to me. There was a day of training before going to work at the site and later there was a day of first-aid/CPR/AED training. They have online training modules that you are required to do after you are hired and every so often after you are hired.

Interview Questions
    They don't realy negotiate. Like most security firms, the pay is dictated in the contract with the company that they are providing services for.

Security Officer/SPO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton in January 2013.

Initially I applied online and went to meet with a recruiter. There was no interview with the recruiter as he just verified my security licenses. He sent me to an interview on the contract site which consisted of three interviews. My initial impression of the site was poor because I saw security officers with empty duty belts. The site was supposed to be armed. This lead me to believe that this security was purely for the dog and pony show. The first two interviewers were friendly. The third one was with the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager preached customer service but was anything but friendly or polite.

Interview Questions

Security looked to be a dog and pony show and leadership that preaches customer service only to be impolite. Not a place I want to work.