AlliedBarton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.0

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

My interview process was to just send in the application then go in for training I never really had an interview just a call saying we like you and come in at this time to start training.

Interview Questions
    • Because of my unorthidox way of entering into the company there really was no difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Single Site Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

There is along and tedious process in place. The effectiveness depends on the quality of the recruiter.

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly standard, The normal personality questions. He was 20 minutes late to the interview. Said pay rate was 11.00 pretty straight forward. After i accepted the job offer i found out that it was 10.50 an hr and i also had to pay for my own security license. On top of which i also had to press and clean my uniforms out of my own pocket.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role without being told to take charge   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2011.

The hiring process was nothing new. She brought me into her office and informed me that she had 'plenty' of positions open within my requirements, including one that I could start right away. Three weeks later, I got a hurried phone call at 7:30 in the morning about a special project that needed filled and a request for me to fill it. When I got there that morning, half my training class was going to be working at the 'Start Right Away locale' I had been promised. She had completely forgotten about me working at that position. I went to the special project and worked for two weeks before being integrated into my normal site.

Interview Questions
    • She wanted to know what kind of days of the week I wanted to work. I told her, and she promised me that it was a reasonable request. The thing is, she has no authority over scheduling at ANY of the location. So, when I got to my site, they laughed at my assumption that I would get the requested hours and days. It would have been nice going in to know that, since I would have made a far more educated decision in regards to employment with Allied Barton.   Answer Question
    No. They called me in the early morning and I had less than 5 minutes to take it or leave it. I decided to take it because she sounded desperate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in February 2010.

An easy process, suited well for a one-page resume. One interview with HR, then an interview with a manager you will work under. This manager will likely ask for urine to test on-site without a lab involved. At this point the candidate can take charge and ask why the company is doing their own drug testing (at a field manager level), and wouldn't it be best to have a laboratory experienced with such testing to do it for them. After this the candidate has better control of last-minute discussions about pay, start dates, and certainty of benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here, given your prior extensive experience.   View Answer
    It was based on promises of rapid advancement if I accepted a lower initial wage. Initially, I asked for time to think about their offer while I waited for drug a background results. It was an opportunity to talk almost daily with HR and management about pay and initial assignment. Later after being thoroughly vetted, I accepted.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lyndhurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

the process is very easy because the turn over is so large

Interview Questions
    • not many questions until after the background check and drug test. Once you pass this process your in   Answer Question
    was none just the wage they offered

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

There was no interview process, who was never absent out of 15+ officers so i got the position by default.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in March 2011.

With AlliedBarton you are interviewed by a regional office and the local office where you are asked standard questions that are largely the same. Part of the process is to see how you handle yourself, so elaborate on your answers and think if you need to. Be truthful and straight forward and you should not have an issue.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions are ones where they ask you to recall a time where you provided excellent customer service or worked as a team, because most people tend to exaggerate to impress rather than just describe an experience.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at AlliedBarton in March 2013.

Hiring process was straight forward. They use HireRight for a thorough background check of employees. I was not interviewed because I knew the HR rep before hand and she already knew that I was the type of person that they were looking for. I had never worked as security before and did not have any prior experience or training.

After being hired, but before going to work, I met with the site supervisor and had the position explained in detail to me. There was a day of training before going to work at the site and later there was a day of first-aid/CPR/AED training. They have online training modules that you are required to do after you are hired and every so often after you are hired.

Interview Questions
    They don't realy negotiate. Like most security firms, the pay is dictated in the contract with the company that they are providing services for.

Floater (Substitute) Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in January 2009.

I met the Oakland office Recruiters at Cal Works presentation they had for a group of 50 people who were intrested in the field. The whole pitch was really about what AlliedBarton was looking for they really narrowed pretty much the whole group it seemed except a lucky few and everything he was looking for I had and in fact I was the only one that group who went on to be a security guard . For instance he painted the security field as a bad job in a sense and well things that you will be doing that most probly would not do saying things like standing long hours maybe in the rain being called at 3:00 Am to come in to work doing 60 sometimes 80 hours of over time is not uncommon in business forget about holidays forget about taking kids to school let me tell you this The Recruiter said folks You will have no life okay no life if you have so much as a speeding ticket in lhe last 6 months come see us in 2 years if you have a DUI from back in 1992 Dont think of even stepping in our doors have misdeamenor for the smallest amount of substance the case has tto be five years and be expunged felonies forget about even if it was in 1975 He started to say that they also give you a special company phone and he extended it out from his waist which corded to his waist he said see this folks this is your leash we will know ware you are at all times this phone tells us your exact location and you are to have it on you at all times people were like shocked he said if we call you at 2 :00 AM to come in to cover an officer and you try to say well your 2 hours away or try to make some excuse there will be no excuse becuase we can tell that your at home asleep. Okay so no one in that room wanted to work for these guys you could see it in there face once he said all that but all though he said all the benefits and good pay and just a great locations to work an so forth wel I was still exdcited and said I dont care I will do everything he said I wanted to try this fireld of work out
    So I call the recruiter 2 days later to tell him I sent my application in. He pulled my application up and invited to the oakland office and first thing he says to me before we even get to the interviewroom he has my app in his hands hes looking down at it and says so nothing I said to you during that presentation scare you? I said no. He said really nothing I said scared you during that presentation? I said nope not at all. He said are you sure you were listening>? oh yeah /i was . he said alright come on in have a seat I knew I already had the job becuase I had no fear what so ever and realy was eager to work for them and I will do what they say.. He told me during the interview he said look the way you advance in this company is what your gonna have to do and are expected to do if you even think of expecting a raise or becoming supervisor if you want to rise the ony way that is done here is fi when I say jump you say how high? Have no limits on your schedule if we call you to come to work you come to work Do exactly what we say and you will go far.
    From there I was driven and excited and yea there were times i did some crazy hours and i didnt care becuase hey with all that over time I knew i was getting me a nice fat check and they pay each week so that was cool.. alright peace out!! sorry for the mis spells and grammer but I in a hurry .. good luck!!

Interview Questions
    • I had two interviews same day so when asked by the second manager he said to me why should we even hire you?? you have nothing on your job history that says you know anything close to this field of work.. tell me a good reason your gonna have to convince me really becuase this app says nothing .. ( i use to work sales floor and a rental car agency)
      I just said I always wanted to do this job I know I can do it im excited about it I said
      he said well that dont tell me much but I get a good sense from you. so give you a try.
        Answer Question