AlliedBarton Security Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

1.7

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone first and then went to the local headquarters for a face-to-face. The overall process was pretty simple. They did a background check, drug test (urine), and a personality quiz. Took about 2 weeks to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Really was pretty straightforward and quick. No real surprises that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for AlliedBarton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Franklin Lakes, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was recommended so while the process was a bit backwards, it was very easy. Doesn't change the fact that I was lied to about the job duties. Example: They had me working traffic as a security guard.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Poughkeepsie, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone and so I was kinda caught off guard when they called me since I thought when companies want to do a phone interview they call you before hand to see what time you will be able to do the phone interview and so mine's lasted about 5-10 minutes and they asked the usual questions and said ok they still got a few more interviews to do then they'll call people to let them know if they make onto the next round or not which is a in person interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a security guard?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview

Went to a job fair and went to their table. I left my email address and he called me about 3 days later. The interview was easy. He asked me like 3 or 4 questions and then left & brought in his supervisor to meet me. I was hired right then and there.

Interview Questions

• None really. He asked what would I do if I saw my co-worker stealing. I said talked to my coworker and tell him to stop. The right answer (he told me this) is to tell your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the interview he asked what do I want to get paid. He gave me a wage offer over my minimum i wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Lyndhurst, NJ).

Interview

the process is very easy because the turn over is so large

Interview Questions

• not many questions until after the background check and drug test. Once you pass this process your in   Answer Question

Negotiation

was none just the wage they offered

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AlliedBarton in November 2012.

Interview

Was put in a group process first then each of us was brought back to a room for one on one with the recruiter. The actual hiring process was a bit hurried. Was promised a post that they later changed their mind on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard question and answer interview. I ended up getting the job. I had a positive experience with the interview. They are a very professional company. The hiring managers are very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Orange, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Thankfully I already knew one of the managers when I was went to interview. I was bumped up the list. When I was taking my initial tests for job training, they automatically offered me a dream position with a 25% raise over the post I was going to be at.

Interview Questions

• The biggest BS question of any interview. "Where do you see yourself in 10 years."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I got what I got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AlliedBarton (Warsaw, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Met head officer of security company at facility to be guarded and had 1 on 1 interview. was offered job pending background check that went 10 years back. When that cleared, I went in for testing (which was open book) I was offered job. I was not asked a lot of questions, was just told about what the job consisted of and given quick tour of security office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a security guard?
      Can you work weekends?

1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either accept or don't.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AlliedBarton in August 2011.

Interview

1 on 1 interview basic interview , Where do you see yourself in 5 years ( thats when u lie and say " I see my self going very far with this company". Do you do drugs ? ( NO) and that was about it it honestly , theyre more concerned about hiring people because they lose so many emplyees.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Can you pass a Drug and background Check ?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating.