AlliedBarton

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – Initial interview with recruiter was ok, interview with site management was poor.

Interview Question – Allied Barton management was very rude and condescending.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only accepted the job, because I needed a pay check until I could find a better company to work for.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AlliedBarton in June 2012.

Interview Details – Easy communication to get in contact with potential managers. Quick access to training for certification. Fast placement for a site.

Interview Question – 3rd Shift   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call the same day and interviewed the following day. 2nd interview at the site the following day. Hired.

Negotiation Details – None

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – 1-3 Interviews depending on the site. 1st meet with HR Recruiter to see if they have an open position and if you meet the minimum criteria for the company. 2nd meet with Account Manager to see if you are a match for the site. 3rd meet with the property manager (only if the position is high profile).

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a difficult customer who was wrong and how did you deal with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none. take what they offer or nothing.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in May 2013.

Interview Details – apply online then abut 2 weeks later i got a phone call telling me to come in for a interview then after a week they called me and told me to go to the client site for a interview with the account manager then after 2 weeks the account manager of the site contacted me to come into training at the branch office for 2 days then sent me to the client site for 3 days of training then when i began working after a month they put me on another shift that i didn't request when i was hired.

Interview Question – Told me i have to go to another shift after i been there a month because they hired someone else for the shift i was on   Answer Question

Syosset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to the company website. Called for an interview, brought in to fill out application, submitted my required documents for employment. Within 3 days I was brought in for required training classes then given a position start date and began working within a week.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I was unable to negotiate because the rate was set already.

Security Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details – My interview process was to just send in the application then go in for training I never really had an interview just a call saying we like you and come in at this time to start training.

Interview Question – Because of my unorthidox way of entering into the company there really was no difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard, The normal personality questions. He was 20 minutes late to the interview. Said pay rate was 11.00 pretty straight forward. After i accepted the job offer i found out that it was 10.50 an hr and i also had to pay for my own security license. On top of which i also had to press and clean my uniforms out of my own pocket.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role without being told to take charge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton in February 2010.

Interview Details – An easy process, suited well for a one-page resume. One interview with HR, then an interview with a manager you will work under. This manager will likely ask for urine to test on-site without a lab involved. At this point the candidate can take charge and ask why the company is doing their own drug testing (at a field manager level), and wouldn't it be best to have a laboratory experienced with such testing to do it for them. After this the candidate has better control of last-minute discussions about pay, start dates, and certainty of benefits.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, given your prior extensive experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was based on promises of rapid advancement if I accepted a lower initial wage. Initially, I asked for time to think about their offer while I waited for drug a background results. It was an opportunity to talk almost daily with HR and management about pay and initial assignment. Later after being thoroughly vetted, I accepted.

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in March 2011.

Interview Details – With AlliedBarton you are interviewed by a regional office and the local office where you are asked standard questions that are largely the same. Part of the process is to see how you handle yourself, so elaborate on your answers and think if you need to. Be truthful and straight forward and you should not have an issue.

Interview Question – The hardest questions are ones where they ask you to recall a time where you provided excellent customer service or worked as a team, because most people tend to exaggerate to impress rather than just describe an experience.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AlliedBarton

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AlliedBarton Security Officer interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by AlliedBarton employees and interview candidates.