Allina Health

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

Development Specialist - Philanthropy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allina Health in March 2012.

My first interview was with a panel of three employees, one of which quit before I started. Then I met one on one with sad boss and did another phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What's your process for de-stressing while you're at work? What do you do when you're stressed at work?   View Answer
    They posted the job for $7,000 more than what i was offere. d. i negotiated $3k higher, but that was extremely shady. Lying to get well-qualified employees in the door is less expensive than honesty. You've got to watch the fine print, and COPY EVERYTHING regarding anything personal.

Regulatory Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allina Health in October 2008.

Two levels of interview; one with department staff and one with leadership. Individuals I interviewed with discussed importance of living your values and felt very comfortable that the leaership walks the walk, not just talk the talk.

Interview Questions
    • What would you see your strengths in relation to what you know about this position.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate a starting cache of PTO, made surt to think through what questions I wanted answered before I discussed whether I was interested or not.

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnesota City, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnesota City, MN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allina Health in July 2009.

I was interviewed by a person who was promoted to the management recently and I was already a manager for 1.5 years. So I guess she was insecured to hire me for the position and hence I was not selected. Though I answered all the questions she asked and though I had the 5 years of related work experience for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the situation when you had to be a team player and how you handled the issues during that situation.   View Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in July 2011.

Inner facility interviews are held for new positions available. Interviews are held with 3 other supervisors, administrators etc. Many questions were asked about previous situations and how they were handled. This information I felt was irrelevent considering this was an inner office transfer. They would have known about many of the situations. After being employed by a company and in the same position for 10+ years it is a given that stressful situations can be handled appropriately, if not, they would be aware of it.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in May 2011.

I applied on the company website and was contacted for a preliminary screening by the HR department . The hiring manager then interviewed me an offer was extended with in 2 weeks.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in January 2013.

Phone screen with HR. Face to Face with two Finance Directors. Only got questions about the job, no behavioral questions. Don't know if this was they did not see what they were looking for, or being Finance People they didn't feel a need to ask behavior questions. It's now been 4 weeks and nothing, so I assume they weren't interested.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allina Health in August 2009.

This interview was with the head of the Spiritual Care Department and a supervisor in training for the nine-month clinical pastoral education program. A detailed application, including essay responses, was previously submitted. The interview was relaxed, friendly, and conversational, with the interviewers being very open to answering questions. They were realistic about what the ministry and training involved and I had no unexpected surprises during my time at this hospital. I have since referred a close friend to work at the same hospital, who also had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Due to the nature of the ministry, I was asked about personal experiences with death. This was not unexpected and I was prepared to answer it.   Answer Question
    The salary and benefits are non-negotiable. It was helpful to have access to an overnight on-call room for sleeping and a shower.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Allina Health.

Interview process consisted of 2 interviews. One with two seniors from team and the second with the team lead. The first interview really touched on knowledge level as well as ability to fit in with the team. The second with the team lead is just to reaffirm the information from the first.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    Not much for negotiation as the company has set levels based on experience and level.

Medical Lab Scientist/CLS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in January 2014.

I applied online and got an interview scheduled with hiring manager at Abbott Hospital. A week later, the hiring manager called me late. Questions asked were behavioral, experience, and two technical situation. Manager also had her little helper ask questions that were written up before hand. Overall, I did not get a good vibe from the manager and the culture at that lab hospital. Uniforms are to be a certain blue color and you have to pay for parking. After that, her little helper even asked me for my transcripts. I've never applied to a job that required that and I graduated from college 3 years ago. WTH?! I should have asked if they wanted my 3rd grade report card as well. lol.

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal workplace?
      Do you like it busy at work or easy?
      If you saw GNC on gram stain, and the culture grew Staph, what would you do?
      If you had a rectum swab for Chlamydia/GC testing, would you run it?

Answer Question

Coding Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allina Health in August 2013.

It took them a long time- several months - to contact me for an interview. Once they did, though, I got one scheduled within a week or so. I had a panel interview. I also took a coding test. I got a call offering me the job in about another week or so.

Interview Questions
    • The coding test was probably the toughest part of it, as I had not had a coding job before. I simply prepared by going through my coding textbooks and notes from my classes.   Answer Question