Allina Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.5

Patient Registration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allina Health (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process process starts out with tell us a little about yourself. There was no stress the supervisors were very friendly. They basically want you to walk them through your resume. The manager was very nice and inviting. when that happens its important because i believe it will determine how you interview. Make sure you give specific details.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue with keeping information confidential?   1 Answer

Mental Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call from the hiring manager and had a phone interview first that asked the basic interview questions one would expect. Nothing Sticks out as an irregular question. From there I got a phone call a couple of days later asking me to come in for an in person interview. The position is in locked mental health units so I had to pick up a phone and ask for the manager I was interviewing with, which was a little intimidating. I interviewed with two different managers, who also asked pretty basic questions.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy going interview with a manager that was nice and was not intimidating, like most managers. I applied online in April and was contacted by HR recruitment in June. The manager was very soft spoken. She told me that if I got the job, I will receive a phone call. After I got the phone call, I had to have previous co-workers and managers fill out a survey about how i work

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What will you do if you had a conflict with a co-worker? What is one thing that you need to work on? What will your previous manager/co-workers say about you? Why are you no longer working at your previous job? Name a time you went out of your way for a patient? What would you do if you are having a bad day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, its a union. You get paid off of experience which is awesome

Desktop Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

It really wasn't a interview. It's more just chatting about your life and some past experience. I was in the interview approximately 20 to 30 minutes. I believe they just need a body to fill the role and not caring about who they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer? Windows 7 or Windows 8.1?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing, because there is no negotiation. Is either if you want the job or not.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up interview. Meet with 2 individuals who asked a list of questions. Very comfortable atmosphere. Most questions were asking for past scenarios or how you would handle a given situation. They explained the clinic and position very thoroughly. Also left time for questions from me.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allina Health in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted within 3 weeks of applying on-line. Role didn't even fit the job description nor the experience level. Interviewer didn't turn off her phone and listened to a non-related voice message interrupting the flow of the interview. Very disappointing overall interview and then not even a follow-up note.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview. After hearing the role description, "describe your relationship with the customer".   Answer Question

Development Specialist - Philanthropy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of three employees, one of which quit before I started. Then I met one on one with sad boss and did another phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What's your process for de-stressing while you're at work? What do you do when you're stressed at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They posted the job for $7,000 more than what i was offere. d. i negotiated $3k higher, but that was extremely shady. Lying to get well-qualified employees in the door is less expensive than honesty. You've got to watch the fine print, and COPY EVERYTHING regarding anything personal.

Patient Access Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a low-stress interview. The manager was very kind and personable, non-intimidting. They are interested in who YOU are as a person and not just what you can bring to the company, but finding a spot that is mutually beneficial. The interview started with the manager going in-depth of who Allina is and what the position entails. She then took a quick moment to ask how interested I was in the position, when I said very, she continue. She asked about past customer experience, even if not healthcare related, and asked about personal situations/stories where I had to diffuse a situation, calm a client, and use critical thinking in the moment. There is a typing speed test, that is very easy. The interview was only about thirty minutes. I know the interview process for my department has changed slightly. It is now a two-step process with an initial interview with the person who would be your direct supervisor, and if you progress past that round, you are interviewed by two managers who are much higher up. You don't interact with them as much on a daily basis, but they essentially manage the department and the supervisors in the department. They assign a recruitment officer to walk you through the process from the time you are offered your first interview to when you are offered/declined the position. They are great because they don't have a bearing on your employment per se, so you can ask them anything. If they are highly considering you for the position, they will ask you to provide references. You have to send your references a personal link that takes them to complete a questionnaire and comment box. I believe you need eight. If those are satisfactory, then you may be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Asking for personal stories concerning a particular issue - such as diffusing a situation, a time you didn't get along with or agree with a colleague, and a time you were most proud of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. It was my first job in healthcare, and so I did not feel qualified to negotiate salary. With more experience under my belt, I would now.

Registered Nurse (BSN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allina Health (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed for the new grad program. Had the interview on Friday they called and said they wanted to move forward that day. They sent the email for references and you send it out to your references asap. On Tuesday the company had sent my results from the references to Allina. And that day I got the offer for the job!!

CAS II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health (Elk River, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I had only one interview which went really well. I liked the two people that interviewed me. I found out later that they were not people who had a lot of patience. I had to do the job exactly as they wanted while others were doing the job differently and still getting the job done properly.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any hard questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was just given my salary