Allina Health

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

Development Specialist - Philanthropy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Allina Health in March 2012.

My first interview was with a panel of three employees, one of which quit before I started. Then I met one on one with sad boss and did another phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What's your process for de-stressing while you're at work? What do you do when you're stressed at work?   View Answer
    They posted the job for $7,000 more than what i was offere. d. i negotiated $3k higher, but that was extremely shady. Lying to get well-qualified employees in the door is less expensive than honesty. You've got to watch the fine print, and COPY EVERYTHING regarding anything personal.

Patient Access Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in March 2013.

It was a low-stress interview. The manager was very kind and personable, non-intimidting. They are interested in who YOU are as a person and not just what you can bring to the company, but finding a spot that is mutually beneficial.
    The interview started with the manager going in-depth of who Allina is and what the position entails. She then took a quick moment to ask how interested I was in the position, when I said very, she continue.
    She asked about past customer experience, even if not healthcare related, and asked about personal situations/stories where I had to diffuse a situation, calm a client, and use critical thinking in the moment.
    There is a typing speed test, that is very easy.
    The interview was only about thirty minutes. I know the interview process for my department has changed slightly. It is now a two-step process with an initial interview with the person who would be your direct supervisor, and if you progress past that round, you are interviewed by two managers who are much higher up. You don't interact with them as much on a daily basis, but they essentially manage the department and the supervisors in the department.
    They assign a recruitment officer to walk you through the process from the time you are offered your first interview to when you are offered/declined the position. They are great because they don't have a bearing on your employment per se, so you can ask them anything.
    If they are highly considering you for the position, they will ask you to provide references. You have to send your references a personal link that takes them to complete a questionnaire and comment box. I believe you need eight. If those are satisfactory, then you may be offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for personal stories concerning a particular issue - such as diffusing a situation, a time you didn't get along with or agree with a colleague, and a time you were most proud of your work.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. It was my first job in healthcare, and so I did not feel qualified to negotiate salary. With more experience under my belt, I would now.

Registered Nurse (BSN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allina Health in September 2014.

Was interviewed for the new grad program. Had the interview on Friday they called and said they wanted to move forward that day. They sent the email for references and you send it out to your references asap. On Tuesday the company had sent my results from the references to Allina. And that day I got the offer for the job!!

CAS II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk River, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in October 2013.

I had only one interview which went really well. I liked the two people that interviewed me. I found out later that they were not people who had a lot of patience. I had to do the job exactly as they wanted while others were doing the job differently and still getting the job done properly.

Interview Questions
    I was just given my salary

Environmental Services Aide Interview

In wasn't very extensive. They thought I was a hard worker so they hired me. They basically asked me if I would be willing to learn the protocol and rules and of course because I wanted the job I said yes.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health.

I was called by a recruiter and set up with an in person interview. The interview was pretty basic. The manager wanted to know about what skills I have. She offered me the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Determining when I could start with the orientation schedule they had.

Business Analyst Interview

Fast and efficient; very pleasant experience

Nursing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in February 2014.

I applied off of Allina.com . A recruiter contacted me initially with questions. Recruiter made a second contact with me to set up appointment to meet with hiring manager. Interview was smooth, manager friendly, easy to talk with. Interview more conversational than intimidating.I thought it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me to describe a time when my integrity was tested.   Answer Question
    It is a union position, salary is based on hours worked/experience. There really was not any negotiating to d.

Patient Access Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allina Health in December 2013.

The interview process was relatively easy. I was brought in to interview with two of the supervisors of the contact center. We went over my resume and my education and work experience. After that they had a battery of questions that we went through gauging how I would work in a direct contact role with patients, how responsive I would be to changes in the work environment, what my past work history has taught me, etc. It was all very standard; The second interview was very much like the first, except this one had the manager who oversaw over 200 employees and a mock phone call. This was to get a sense of how I would conduct myself when I was actually on the phone. Very easy stuff.

Interview Questions
    • What was one aspect of your previous job that you didn't like?   View Answer

Coding Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allina Health in August 2013.

It took them a long time- several months - to contact me for an interview. Once they did, though, I got one scheduled within a week or so. I had a panel interview. I also took a coding test. I got a call offering me the job in about another week or so.

Interview Questions
    • The coding test was probably the toughest part of it, as I had not had a coding job before. I simply prepared by going through my coding textbooks and notes from my classes.   Answer Question