Allina Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chaplain Resident Interview

Chaplain Resident
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allina Health System in August 2009.

Interview Details – This interview was with the head of the Spiritual Care Department and a supervisor in training for the nine-month clinical pastoral education program. A detailed application, including essay responses, was previously submitted. The interview was relaxed, friendly, and conversational, with the interviewers being very open to answering questions. They were realistic about what the ministry and training involved and I had no unexpected surprises during my time at this hospital. I have since referred a close friend to work at the same hospital, who also had a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Due to the nature of the ministry, I was asked about personal experiences with death. This was not unexpected and I was prepared to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary and benefits are non-negotiable. It was helpful to have access to an overnight on-call room for sleeping and a shower.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Allina Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allina Health System Chaplain Resident interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Allina Health System employees and interview candidates.