Allina Health System

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Minnesota City, MN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allina Health System in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a person who was promoted to the management recently and I was already a manager for 1.5 years. So I guess she was insecured to hire me for the position and hence I was not selected. Though I answered all the questions she asked and though I had the 5 years of related work experience for the position.

Interview Question – Describe the situation when you had to be a team player and how you handled the issues during that situation.   View Answer

RN Interview

Woodbury, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System in July 2011.

Interview Details – Inner facility interviews are held for new positions available. Interviews are held with 3 other supervisors, administrators etc. Many questions were asked about previous situations and how they were handled. This information I felt was irrelevent considering this was an inner office transfer. They would have known about many of the situations. After being employed by a company and in the same position for 10+ years it is a given that stressful situations can be handled appropriately, if not, they would be aware of it.

Interview Question – In the past, when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR. Face to Face with two Finance Directors. Only got questions about the job, no behavioral questions. Don't know if this was they did not see what they were looking for, or being Finance People they didn't feel a need to ask behavior questions. It's now been 4 weeks and nothing, so I assume they weren't interested.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Medical Lab Scientist/CLS Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an interview scheduled with hiring manager at Abbott Hospital. A week later, the hiring manager called me late. Questions asked were behavioral, experience, and two technical situation. Manager also had her little helper ask questions that were written up before hand. Overall, I did not get a good vibe from the manager and the culture at that lab hospital. Uniforms are to be a certain blue color and you have to pay for parking. After that, her little helper even asked me for my transcripts. I've never applied to a job that required that and I graduated from college 3 years ago. WTH?! I should have asked if they wanted my 3rd grade report card as well. lol.

Interview Question – What is your ideal workplace?
Do you like it busy at work or easy?
If you saw GNC on gram stain, and the culture grew Staph, what would you do?
If you had a rectum swab for Chlamydia/GC testing, would you run it?
  Answer Question

Regulatory Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Allina Health System in October 2008.

Interview Details – Two levels of interview; one with department staff and one with leadership. Individuals I interviewed with discussed importance of living your values and felt very comfortable that the leaership walks the walk, not just talk the talk.

Interview Question – What would you see your strengths in relation to what you know about this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate a starting cache of PTO, made surt to think through what questions I wanted answered before I discussed whether I was interested or not.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on the company website and was contacted for a preliminary screening by the HR department . The hiring manager then interviewed me an offer was extended with in 2 weeks.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allina Health System in August 2009.

Interview Details – This interview was with the head of the Spiritual Care Department and a supervisor in training for the nine-month clinical pastoral education program. A detailed application, including essay responses, was previously submitted. The interview was relaxed, friendly, and conversational, with the interviewers being very open to answering questions. They were realistic about what the ministry and training involved and I had no unexpected surprises during my time at this hospital. I have since referred a close friend to work at the same hospital, who also had a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Due to the nature of the ministry, I was asked about personal experiences with death. This was not unexpected and I was prepared to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary and benefits are non-negotiable. It was helpful to have access to an overnight on-call room for sleeping and a shower.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of 2 interviews. One with two seniors from team and the second with the team lead. The first interview really touched on knowledge level as well as ability to fit in with the team. The second with the team lead is just to reaffirm the information from the first.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much for negotiation as the company has set levels based on experience and level.

Coding Specialist III Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Allina Health System in August 2013.

Interview Details – It took them a long time- several months - to contact me for an interview. Once they did, though, I got one scheduled within a week or so. I had a panel interview. I also took a coding test. I got a call offering me the job in about another week or so.

Interview Question – The coding test was probably the toughest part of it, as I had not had a coding job before. I simply prepared by going through my coding textbooks and notes from my classes.   Answer Question

Patient Access Liaison Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allina Health System in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively easy. I was brought in to interview with two of the supervisors of the contact center. We went over my resume and my education and work experience. After that they had a battery of questions that we went through gauging how I would work in a direct contact role with patients, how responsive I would be to changes in the work environment, what my past work history has taught me, etc. It was all very standard; The second interview was very much like the first, except this one had the manager who oversaw over 200 employees and a mock phone call. This was to get a sense of how I would conduct myself when I was actually on the phone. Very easy stuff.

Interview Question – What was one aspect of your previous job that you didn't like?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Allina Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allina Health System interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allina Health System employees and interview candidates.